representative in florida resigning; Merged

Both parties may drop this one as it might make both sides look stupid.

Well, making the Republicans look stupid is no great accomplishment; it's kind of like making grass look green. But they're smart enough - I hope - to know that they don't WANT this dropped. They handled a dicey situation about as well as it can be handled, and they did it with painstakingly careful respect to the innocent persons involved. Moreover, they are the injured parties here - the victims of a vicious, politically-motivated slime job that has - shockingly, refreshingly, POETICALLY - begun to slime its perpetrators. Please God, they're not stupid enough to want THAT rare, happy circumstance buried.

The Democrats, on the other hand, DESPERATELY NEED this to go away. Have you read any of the recent MSM coverage, like AP? It's tragic; they're utterly delusional. They're still speaking in terms of a "Republican cover-up"! I don't blame them for trying to ignore reality - reality is UGLY for them. Depending on how deep the Democrat cover-up goes - how high up in the Party - this could be the end. It's that bad, dillo.

I'VE GOT IT!!! The definitive '06 campaign poster:

A donkey, with an evil grin on its face, is pointing a .45 revolver at its own head. Caption: "October Surprise!"

The Democrats, on the other hand, DESPERATELY NEED this to go away. Have you read any of the recent MSM coverage, like AP? It's tragic; they're utterly delusional. They're still speaking in terms of a "Republican cover-up"! I don't blame them for trying to ignore reality - reality is UGLY for them. Depending on how deep the Democrat cover-up goes - how high up in the Party - this could be the end. It's that bad, dillo.

The MSM is controlled mostly by conservatives... and Newsmax isn't mainstream for a reason.

I've been Republican since Reagan... but NO MORE!

Florida republican congressman pretends to help protect kids, but sends sexual emails to several teen boys.
So much for family values!!! AND high-ranking republicans knew about emails and did nothing.

Hastert blames the Democrats, blames the Washington Post, blames Clinton...

Bush is advised to send more troops to Iraq, but decides to ban the use of the word insurgency instead.

Jack Abramoff republican bribery scandal.

Condeleeza advised of major Al Queda attack... sits on it.

$2.30 per gallon gas, and no one in my family can afford health insurance.

Colin Powell... one of a very few moderates in administration -- FIRED.

Bernard Kerik, the onetime Republican New York City police commissioner and unsuccessful nominee for Homeland Security secretary being investigated for bugging a family boat to determine if a woman was having an affair.

And... Have we forgotten the horrendous handling of the Katrina disaster?

Throw the republican idiots out of office! I've HAD ENOUGH!

I've been Republican since Reagan... but NO MORE!

Florida republican congressman pretends to help protect kids, but sends sexual emails to several teen boys.
So much for family values!!! AND high-ranking republicans knew about emails and did nothing.

Hastert blames the Democrats, blames the Washington Post, blames Clinton...

Bush is advised to send more troops to Iraq, but decides to ban the use of the word insurgency instead.

Jack Abramoff republican bribery scandal.

Condeleeza advised of major Al Queda attack... sits on it.

$2.30 per gallon gas, and no one in my family can afford health insurance.

Colin Powell... one of a very few moderates in administration -- FIRED.

Bernard Kerik, the onetime Republican New York City police commissioner and unsuccessful nominee for Homeland Security secretary being investigated for bugging a family boat to determine if a woman was having an affair.

Ok, welcome. You might want to have posted this in a political thread, but this is fine. You truly sound like a republican.

Just gotta love them GOP family values. A gay Republican Congressman hitting on 16 year olds by way of instant messaging. That's gotta rankle the religious right wing-nut base of the party. That's one more seat the GOP can kiss good-bye come 11/7.

And golly, Denny Hastert is up to his obese eye-balls in this thing, what with Republican staffers telling him about this a year or more ago. Whooops! Could that be another GOP House seat circling the drain? Let's hope so. :laugh:

Just gotta love them GOP family values. A gay Republican Congressman hitting on 16 year olds by way of instant messaging. That's gotta rankle the religious right wing-nut base of the party. That's one more seat the GOP can kiss good-bye come 11/7.

And golly, Denny Hastert is up to his obese eye-balls in this thing, what with Republican staffers telling him about this a year or more ago. Whooops! Could that be another GOP House seat circling the drain? Let's hope so. :laugh:

You lefties really need to quit drinking out of whatever barrel it is that's screwing up your minds so badly. Democrat, Republican, Whig, Federalist .... who gives a rat's ass? The man's a pedophile and he's gone because of it.

Your predictions of doom are premature and unfounded. Only over-reaction -- which y'all are doing your lefty best to foster -- would create any significant loss of seats in Congress.

And wouldn't THAT be cool? The Dems in control of Congress? Again? At least we already know when Dems control Congress they wouldn't think of tossing out a pedophile among THEIR ranks.

Not Ronald Reagan's talking points du jour.

BUT that dont make this any lesser of an evil

I've been Republican since Reagan... but NO MORE!?

Are you a bot? Since Reagan what? Was born? Died? Was governor of CA? First presidential term? Second? Since Reagan became a Republican?

Link?
Florida republican congressman pretends to help protect kids, but sends sexual emails to several teen boys.?

Foley could become a "victim" of laws he himself wrote, and? Transparent emotional appeal, un Reagan-like.

So much for family values!!! AND high-ranking republicans knew about emails and did nothing.?

Yeah, high-ranking Republicans knew what emails were for months too, just like you people. And?

Just to let you know, the term "family values" hasn't be used much within the ranks of the GOP for well over a decade now. It's still popular with the kewl moveon crowd.

Hastert blames the Democrats, blames the Washington Post, blames Clinton...?

A phenomenum also know in some circles as "defending oneself".

I blame you.

Republicans are glad he's not cutting and running, though!

Jack Abramoff republican bribery scandal.?

LOL, can't even use the "big R"? Leftist hype, the only REAL scandal is a GOP scandal, huh, Ronnie?

Condeleeza advised of major Al Queda attack... sits on it.?

Clinton with OBL in his sites...gets it sit on.

$2.30 per gallon gas, and no one in my family can afford health insurance.?

Time to revivie Hillary's "universal healthcare plan"? Remember what Reagan said about socialized medicine?

Colin Powell... one of a very few moderates in administration -- FIRED.?

Moderate to a DUer, a RINO to all others. Glad he's gone and his underling, who left Scooter Libby out to hang.

Bernard Kerik, the onetime Republican New York City police commissioner and unsuccessful nominee for Homeland Security secretary being investigated for bugging a family boat to determine if a woman was having an affair.?

Rather obscure story there...hmmm...must be a coincidence...

OMG, was he wiretapping? Only Hastert can do that to Foley!

Yes..."we" re-elected Nagin as mayor of New Orleans.

BUT LET'S KEEP ALL THE DEMOCRAT IDIOTS THERE!!!!!!!

THEN IMPEACH BUSH AND CHENEY!!!!

THE LEFT SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!!!

GO HOWARD DEAN 2008!!!!!!

W00T!!!!!

Was that as insincere to you as yours was to me?

And if you believe that garbage for a second, you've been reading too much of Annie Coultergeist.

I put that wingnut MusicMan on ignore along time ago - his incoherent lunatic babbling isn't even worth a reply. Maybe Faux Nooz will hire him asa a fill in for Bill O'Reilly?

CL

Uh huh. and the Republicans never, ever do that right?

M'kay...

CL

BUT that dont make this any lesser of an evil.

Obfuscation alert!

I wasn't talking about talk radio. That would need a new thread. I don't want to make one.

Ummm...did I say the Republicans never used the media for their own purposes? Don't think so.

But you just did. Specious?

Bill O'Reilly pwns Keith Olbermannn, btw.

I put that wingnut MusicMan on ignore along time ago - his incoherent lunatic babbling isn't even worth a reply. Maybe Faux Nooz will hire him asa a fill in for Bill O'Reilly?

CL
Put me on ignore as well, please, as your shallow responses to my posts have not been worth the electrons expended. Soon you will be talking to yourself, which will make all of us a lot happier.

CL

You gotta love the irony !!!! CL puts people on ignore. He musta been in charge of the Minuteman protest too!:rotflmao:

Forum List

Back