Reporter forcibly locked in closet at Biden fundraiser

CaféAuLait;3467444 said:
If you had bothered to read the original Sentinel page, you'd have seen this, from the reporter:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ne...for-joe-and-bill.html/comment-page-1#comments

Oh so you are upset I did not read the comments section? WOW. That is not a report, it is in the comments section of the article above. Since when are comments sections required reading?
No one required it of you, but if you wanted to be informed, I am giving you the information on this story.

He was free to leave at any time. Biden's staff are under no obligation to provide a reporter access to a private, 500.00 a plate party.

He wanted the story, so he decided to stay in the place that allowed no access, until the portion where they decided to let press in.

He was not locked. The right sure knows how to spin a story.

Nah, you said: "If you had bothered to read the original Sentinel page, you'd have seen this, from the reporter:"

The story you post said he was confined in the closet AND he was not permitted to leave:

and then stood outside the door to make sure he didn’t walk out without permission.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2011/03/waiting-for-joe-and-bill.html

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;3467487 said:
CaféAuLait;3467444 said:
Oh so you are upset I did not read the comments section? WOW. That is not a report, it is in the comments section of the article above. Since when are comments sections required reading?
No one required it of you, but if you wanted to be informed, I am giving you the information on this story.

He was free to leave at any time. Biden's staff are under no obligation to provide a reporter access to a private, 500.00 a plate party.

He wanted the story, so he decided to stay in the place that allowed no access, until the portion where they decided to let press in.

Nah, you said: "If you had bothered to read the original Sentinel page, you'd have seen this, from the reporter:"

The story you post said he was confined in the closet AND he was not permitted to leave:

and then stood outside the door to make sure he didn’t walk out without permission.

Waiting for Joe and Bill – Central Florida Political Pulse – Orlando Sentinel
Did you miss this?

2. I wasn’t kidnapped. I was confined, but the situation was: If I wanted to hear the remarks, I was to wait there. If I wanted to leave, I’m sure I could have left the house. I just wasn’t free to join the party to talk with anyone. (See point 1.)

How a story becomes poutragous in right wing land

1. Minor, private event happens. VP, Fundraiser, Chocolate martinis and canapes.
2. Reported is invited for a portion of it.
3. Reporter is not allowed admittance to martini and canapes portion. Told he may voluntarily wait in another area until such time as they allow said reporter to the private event.
4. Reporter waits, snaps picture of his "cell."
5. Next day, small post is made on the reporters newspaper blog area (not by the reporter) about the indignities a reporter suffers through at multi-million dollar mansions.
6. Photo Editor who posted the picture and wanted it to be a bigger story goes out to have some beers with a Freeper. (yes, I am not making this up.)
7. Freeper creates a thread on FR and spins the story with the words "locked" and splashes in dog-whistle words like "police-state tactics," spices up the salad with Cuba, Iran, Libya, and Stalinist Russia references, and muzzle. Adds Imprisoned to the boldy headline and posts a Free Republic "Exclusive."
8. Freeper contacts Drudge with story.
9. Drudge, being Drudge, revs up the Wurlitzer, cranks the machine to 11.
10. Right wing music plays to eager right wing ears.
11. Tabloids, guised as newspapers in England pick it up, other newspapers across America follow suit.
12. 20,000 blog and message board posts begin holding hands in outrage and fear and Is this even America anymore? can be heard in the cacophony of sad lamentations of how First Amendment Rights! (dammit!) are now trashed and because of this dictatorial administration reporters are now being kidnapped and imprisoned.
13. Fox News picks it up.
14. It now becomes legend, told and retold. Obama regime imprisons reporters.
15. Freeper and Sentinel Photo Editor smile and smile. Drudge can be heard counting the revenue.
16. Reporter, who was free to leave at any time at this canapied event, goes wha? huh? It wasn't like that.
17. Right wingers and right wing media all across the fruited plain say: It doesn't matter. We are the ones who write the story. Get back in your closet, stooge!

And that, my friends, is how it all happens.

:clap2:

I'm thinking of at least a hundred other such events that took on a life of their own like this one. I fully expect this to be a special announcement at some point on CNN today, squeezed in between Libya and Japan, since crap like that always manages to drive the news cycle. The CONS have it down to an art form. If only they would express that kind of energy on important things. Like real plans.

If anyone doubts the role of the Freeper in all this,

See Free Republic headline:

Reporter Imprisoned by Biden Staffers to Prevent Interviews of Fundraiser Guests! FR Exclusive!

Read MindBender26:
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2695114/posts?page=108#108
<snip>
"This story is now released to all other media. "

I got mine (sic) info from a Sentinel photo editor, over some beers, who was ****ed about lack of coverage, and in fact, the lack of outrage."

"I sent it to Matt Drudge. He is running it a column topper.."

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;3467487 said:

and then stood outside the door to make sure he didn&#8217;t walk out without permission.

Waiting for Joe and Bill &#8211; Central Florida Political Pulse &#8211; Orlando Sentinel
Did you miss this?

2. I wasn&#8217;t kidnapped. I was confined, but the situation was: If I wanted to hear the remarks, I was to wait there. If I wanted to leave, I&#8217;m sure I could have left the house. I just wasn&#8217;t free to join the party to talk with anyone. (See point 1.)

And again you are missing my point. The STORY you posted here:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ne...for-joe-and-bill.html/comment-page-1#comments

says he was confined and kept from leaving. You told me if I had bothered to read said story I would have found out the truth. I do not read comments sections of stories for the truth and I read the story and I move on.

CaféAuLait;3467523 said:
CaféAuLait;3467487 said:

Waiting for Joe and Bill &#8211; Central Florida Political Pulse &#8211; Orlando Sentinel
Did you miss this?

2. I wasn&#8217;t kidnapped. I was confined, but the situation was: If I wanted to hear the remarks, I was to wait there. If I wanted to leave, I&#8217;m sure I could have left the house. I just wasn&#8217;t free to join the party to talk with anyone. (See point 1.)

says he was confined and kept from leaving. You told me if I had bothered to read said story I would have found out the truth. I do not read comments sections of stories for the truth and I read the story and I move on.
Of course.

...and then start a thread about it, cause it's important!

Reporter Imprisoned by Biden Staffers to Prevent Interviews of Fundraiser Guests! FR Exclusive!

Read MindBender26:
<snip>

I got mine (sic) info from a Sentinel photo editor, over some beers, who was ****ed about lack of coverage, and in fact, the lack of outrage."

The paper I saw it in was Digital Journal as I posted in the OP.

CaféAuLait;3467523 said:
Did you miss this?

Of course.

Ah yeah, the way the story I read it sounded strange. I have seen stories on here posed about Palin's toenails fer crying out loud. But I can't post a link about a man confined to a closet reporting an event? Please.

CaféAuLait;3467541 said:

Read MindBender26:
<snip>

Who got it from Drudge.

Don't you understand how the right wing echo chamber works?

If anyone ever wondered how a right wing pebble of a story, put in motion by a disgruntled Florida Photo Editor and a single Freeper grows into a thundering rubble of right wing paranoid myth, I submit this.

In just a few hours, there are now close to 20,000 captures on the web, repeating full-throated echoes of half-baked grunts of totalitarianism, with quivering headlines such as these:

CHICAGO MACHINE HANDLES ORLANDO SENTINEL REPORTER.... DURING BIDEN'S FUNDRAISER... CONFINES HIM IN A LOCKED CLOSET

'Slow' Joe's Nazi 'RAT Thugs Lock Reporter in Storage Closet

Pool Reporter Imprisoned In Closet During Biden Headlined Democrat Fundraiser .
VP Biden skirting the law, falsely imprisoning a reporter against his will.

A Reporter Was Confined in a Closet During A Biden Fundraiser

Reporter Put in "Storage" so He couldn't Expose Biden

“We'll Let You Know When You Can Come Out” | Biden Staffers Hold Reporter Against Will at VP’s Fundraiser

NAZI GERMANY ALL OVER UNDER OBAMA... REPORTER CONFINED IN CLOSET DURING BIDEN'S FUNDRAISER

VP Joe Biden's Staff Stuffs Reporter in a Closet

The Obama Administration is No Different From the Soviet Politburo

And that's just a slice.

Yes, that is how it happens.

CaféAuLait;3467541 said:

Read MindBender26:
<snip>

Who got it from Drudge.

Don't you understand how the right wing echo chamber works?

Of course the 'echo chamber' is only confined to the right wing. :eusa_hand:

CaféAuLait;3467551 said:
CaféAuLait;3467523 said:

Of course.

Ah yeah, the way the story I read it sounded strange. I have seen stories on here posed about Palin's toenails fer crying out loud. But I can't post a link about a man confined to a closet reporting an event? Please.
Of course you can, honeypie. And others are free to point out the stupidity of it, and maybe use it as an occasion to show how right wing paranoia myths are created and get fed into the meat grinder of the InterNetz to be fed to the hungry and doe-eyed masses looking to have their perpetual needs of victimhood reinforced.

CaféAuLait;3467551 said:
Of course.

Of course you can, honeypie. And others are free to point out the stupidity of it, and maybe use it as an occasion to show how right wing paranoia myths are created and get fed into the meat grinder of the InterNetz to be fed to the hungry and doe-eyed masses looking to have their perpetual needs of victimhood reinforced.

LOL! And you refer one to the comments section of a blog under an article (which claims the same information I posted) for the "truth" of the matter. :eusa_whistle:

CaféAuLait;3467600 said:
CaféAuLait;3467551 said:

LOL! And you refer one to the comments section of a blog under an article (which claims the same information I posted) for the "truth" of the matter. :eusa_whistle:
All except for the fact he wasn't forcibly locked. That was the Freeper take on it.

Which then took on a life of it's own.

Complete with the sound of jackboots in the background.

gafom.gif
If you posted a picture there, it's not coming up, del.

6wpuog9.gif

CaféAuLait;3467600 said:

All except for the fact he wasn't forcibly locked. That was the Freeper take on it.

Which then took on a life of it's own.

Complete with the sound of jackboots in the background.

Did you read the article you posted? They call the closet a 'prison' that Scott was kept in.

Call me crazy but "prison" is not a something that is considered a voluntary thing where I come from. Not to mention someone standing guard to assure he did not leave the closet, as mentioned in the article you post too.

Forum List

Back