Reporter forcibly locked in closet at Biden fundraiser

CaféAuLait;3467811 said:
CaféAuLait;3467600 said:
LOL! And you refer one to the comments section of a blog under an article (which claims the same information I posted) for the "truth" of the matter. :eusa_whistle:

All except for the fact he wasn't forcibly locked. That was the Freeper take on it.

Which then took on a life of it's own.

Complete with the sound of jackboots in the background.

Did you read the article you posted? They call the closet a 'prison' that Scott was kept in.

Waiting for Joe and Bill – Central Florida Political Pulse – Orlando Sentinel

Call me crazy but "prison" is not a something that is considered a voluntary thing where I come from. Not to mention someone standing guard to assure he did not leave the closet, as mentioned in the article you post too.
:lol: Well, if "they" called it that, then it must be 100% accurate, right?

(Even though, to repeat --- the reporter himself said " If I wanted to leave, I’m sure I could have...")

Good lord, some people are dense.

CaféAuLait;3467811 said:
All except for the fact he wasn't forcibly locked. That was the Freeper take on it.

Which then took on a life of it's own.

Complete with the sound of jackboots in the background.

Did you read the article you posted? They call the closet a 'prison' that Scott was kept in.

Call me crazy but "prison" is not a something that is considered a voluntary thing where I come from. Not to mention someone standing guard to assure he did not leave the closet, as mentioned in the article you post too.

(Even though, to repeat --- the reporter himself said " If I wanted to leave, I’m sure I could have...")

So what you are saying is the article you posted is inaccurate but the "comments section" of the SAME article you posted are accurate. Okayyyy.:eusa_eh:

Yes the Very mostest Transparent administration EVAR!!! they show us how's its done, I can't help but to wonder when or if the left will ever hold this administration to their promises instead of simply accepting the lies.

CaféAuLait;3467374 said:
Reporter forcibly locked in closet at Biden fundraiser

A local reporter, invited to cover US Vice President Joe Biden's fundraiser, was forcibly locked in a closet by Biden staffers to keep him from speaking with influential guests.

Read more: Reporter forcibly locked in closet at Biden fundraiser

Vice President Joe Biden's staff lock journalist in closet to stop him talking to guests | Mail Online

If true, so much for free speech.

The reporter followed up with this, after wingers swirled it into a fun little headline capturing steaming pile of crapola:

"How in the world did I become the bad guy in all of this?
I’m not a whiny little princess. I do what I can to do my job, find and report the news. In this case, there was very little news – Biden said nothing consequential and took no questions from anyone, including me – unless you include that little side story about the reporter being confined to a closet, which we reported, both on this blog and in the paper.

As for what would happen if a Republican did the same thing: the last time I was confined and prevented from talking to people at a similar event was by Gov. Rick Scott. It wasn’t a closet but the intent was the same and the result would have been the same if I hadn’t busted free.

I reported that confinement the same way – with a snarky little blog post. (Nothing appeared in the paper.) That’s all it was worth. No front page crocodile tears.

Andrew: I expected more of an apology than i received from the Veep’s office; that’s why I said I found the one I got to be “less satisfying.” I’m also disappointed that I haven’t heard from Nelson, whom I’ve covered off and on for years.
Reply Posted by: Scott Powers | Saturday, March 26, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story..? :eusa_eh:

The reporter followed up with this, after wingers swirled it into a fun little headline capturing steaming pile of crapola:

I’m not a whiny little princess. I do what I can to do my job, find and report the news. In this case, there was very little news – Biden said nothing consequential and took no questions from anyone, including me – unless you include that little side story about the reporter being confined to a closet, which we reported, both on this blog and in the paper.

As for what would happen if a Republican did the same thing: the last time I was confined and prevented from talking to people at a similar event was by Gov. Rick Scott. It wasn’t a closet but the intent was the same and the result would have been the same if I hadn’t busted free.

I reported that confinement the same way – with a snarky little blog post. (Nothing appeared in the paper.) That’s all it was worth. No front page crocodile tears.

Andrew: I expected more of an apology than i received from the Veep’s office; that’s why I said I found the one I got to be “less satisfying.” I’m also disappointed that I haven’t heard from Nelson, whom I’ve covered off and on for years.

So 'comments sections' under articles are now considered 'the truth'?

Posted by "Mimi Brown":

Nothing in the story says he was held against his will. He was undoubtedly told he was early and would have to wait elsewhere. I’m sure if he had wanted to leave the party, he could have done so at any time. Instead, he chose to wait for the Vice President in the only place available.

If it had been — as is usual — a nice comfy press room with snacks and drinks, it would have been the same concept exactly: If you want to be here for the public portion of this private event, then either come back at the right time or we will let you know when you can come in.

Whether or not the comment from Powers on the piece is legit, the above comment is very true. This is manufactured outrage at it's finest. If they really held Powers against his will, why don't he sue? He's a grown ass man for christs sakes.. No, he could've left if he wanted to.

:lol::lol::lol:

CaféAuLait;3467838 said:
CaféAuLait;3467811 said:

So what you are saying is the article you posted is inaccurate but the "comments section" of the SAME article you posted are accurate. Okayyyy.:eusa_eh:
Wow. I really need to hold your hand and walk you through this one, don't I creamy coffee?

The BLOG site at the Sentinel was not written by the reporter, but by someone who works there and who ...now listen to this part carefully --->characterized it <----
as a temporary prison.

Image that, an offhand blog post with tongue a little in cheek was written by a ---what's this? A Writer? Naw. Writers have never been know to embellish to make a good story.

Now, step over to this window. You see there? That's the reporter. His name is Scott Powers. The very reporter the Sentinel blogger was writing about...and he TADA! Goes on the blog page, is surprised by the wild legs the story had grown and then elucidates point by point on exactly what happened in the comment section, while mentioning he was free to go if he wanted.
But guess what? He was there at the PRIVATE fundraiser, and (you won't believe this) he wanted the story! Wowza!

Can you believe it? Now, think about just a little more, and some of this might make sense to you.

Now. I'm going to let go of your hand. I hope your new enlightenment won't make you airborne.

<shwwwwwweee>

Yes the Very mostest Transparent administration EVAR!!! they show us how's its done, I can't help but to wonder when or if the left will ever hold this administration to their promises instead of simply accepting the lies.
Since when is a private fundraiser at a private house something you think the American people are entitled to a full report on?

CaféAuLait;3467862 said:

So 'comments sections' under articles are now considered 'the truth'?
If it's from the horses mouth, er...yeah.

CaféAuLait;3467838 said:

(Even though, to repeat --- the reporter himself said " If I wanted to leave, I&#8217;m sure I could have...")

Wow. I really need to hold your hand and walk you through this one, don't I creamy coffee?

The BLOG site at the Sentinel was not written by the reporter, but by someone who works there and who ...now listen to this part carefully --->characterized it <----
as a temporary prison.

Image that, an offhand blog post with tongue a little in cheek was written by a ---what's this? A Writer? Naw. Writers have never been know to embellish to make a good story.

Now, step over to this window. You see there? That's the reporter. His name is Scott Powers. The very reporter the Sentinel blogger was writing about...and he TADA! Goes on the blog page, is surprised by the wild legs the story had grown and then elucidates point by point on exactly what happened in the comment section, while mentioning he was free to go if he wanted.
But guess what? He was there at the PRIVATE fundraiser, and (you won't believe this) he wanted the story! Wowza!

Can you believe it? Now, think about just a little more, and some of this might make sense to you.

Now. I'm going to let go of your hand. I hope your new enlightenment won't make you airborne.

<shwwwwwweee>

Oh good grief. So do you have an explanation why this reporter for the Sentinel could not write a story? He works for the paper, right? He is their reporter but he relied on the comments section to correct a story? No update to the story or correction, but one is expected to wade through some 173 comments to find the &#8216;truth&#8217;? Comments right down there with "ChesterFester", "Sigh" and "Dawn'sLIGHT". Of course the comments section is the place I always get my news. /sarcasm

Last edited:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/160961-vps-staff-lock-journalist-in-closet-for-hours.html#post3466033

Yo! Can we get a merge?

merge2.gif

CaféAuLait;3467971 said:
CaféAuLait;3467838 said:

as a temporary prison.

<shwwwwwweee>

Oh good grief. So do you have an explanation why this reporter for the Sentinel could not write a story? He works for the paper, right? He is their reporter but he relied on the comments section to correct a story? No update to the story or correction, but one is expected to wade through some 173 comments to find the &#8216;truth&#8217;? Comments right down there with "ChesterFester", "Sigh" and "Dawn'sLIGHT". Of course the comments section is the place I always get my news. /sarcasm
It's a good thing I brought it to your attention then, isn't it?

CaféAuLait;3467971 said:

as a temporary prison.

<shwwwwwweee>

Oh good grief. So do you have an explanation why this reporter for the Sentinel could not write a story? He works for the paper, right? He is their reporter but he relied on the comments section to correct a story? No update to the story or correction, but one is expected to wade through some 173 comments to find the ‘truth’? Comments right down there with "ChesterFester", "Sigh" and "Dawn'sLIGHT". Of course the comments section is the place I always get my news. /sarcasm

LOL, I'll make sure I remember that anytime anything written in the comments section of a blog is the absolute truth, Gotcha. :laugh:

CaféAuLait;3468032 said:
CaféAuLait;3467971 said:
Oh good grief. So do you have an explanation why this reporter for the Sentinel could not write a story? He works for the paper, right? He is their reporter but he relied on the comments section to correct a story? No update to the story or correction, but one is expected to wade through some 173 comments to find the ‘truth’? Comments right down there with "ChesterFester", "Sigh" and "Dawn'sLIGHT". Of course the comments section is the place I always get my news. /sarcasm

LOL, I'll make sure I remember that anytime anything written in the comments section of a blog is the absolute truth, Gotcha. :laugh:
Good. If it's by the guy the story is about, I'll listen too.

CaféAuLait;3468032 said:

Good. If it's by the guy the story is about, I'll listen too.

You do realize I could have made a comment in the comments section of that blog you posted as Joe Biden or Barack Obama, right?

Mark this down in your calendar folks: Right wingers lament liberal press is not given comfy chairs and spacious surroudings in hold room while waiting to report sound bytes at champagne and caviar fundraiser.

crying.gif

Forum List

Back