Report to Congress on U.S. Navy Destroyer Programs

From the report:
"The Navy estimates the combined procurement cost of the two DDG-51s requested for procurement in FY2018 at $3,499.1 million."​
I always wonder "WTF were they thinking when they chose to write/talk (other than in charts and things like them) about millions and/or larger quantities in terms of thousands. The "math" doesn't trouble me, it just seems odd to say "$3,499.1 million" when "$3.4991 billion" is available as an option.

From the report:
"The Navy estimates the combined procurement cost of the two DDG-51s requested for procurement in FY2018 at $3,499.1 million."​
I always wonder "WTF were they thinking when they chose to write/talk (other than in charts and things like them) about millions and/or larger quantities in terms of thousands. The "math" doesn't trouble me, it just seems odd to say "$3,499.1 million" when "$3.4991 billion" is available as an option.

It's easier to say "I'm spending millions of your money rather than billions, aren't you happy?

It is lying with perfume on it.

From the report:

It's easier to say "I'm spending millions of your money rather than billions, aren't you happy?

It is lying with perfume on it.
Perhaps....It's certainly something like that if not that. LOL

morin_t1200.gif

Forum List

Back