Report: Palin abused power, broke no laws in trooper case

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Report: Palin abused power, broke no laws in trooper case - CNN.com

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor in the firing of her public safety commissioner, but violated no laws, a report for the state Legislature concluded Friday.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is under investigation for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Palin's ex-brother-in-law from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to dismiss him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

Aww, Sawwah already abusing power and finding loopholes around laws. Quite the Republican Maverick she is. :badgrin:

That's what happens when a maverick pisses of the establishment. They piss back. Wow---big surprise here. She should wear it as a badge of courage.

Abusing her power which your so proud of.

And I wonder why so many Cons are delusional. :cuckoo:

Abusing her power which your so proud of.

And I wonder why so many Cons are delusional. :cuckoo:

No---SHE should be proud of it considering who it was that think she was a bad girl. But if you don't appreciate someone who has the balls to piss off a few people, you need to stick with Barry.

Sorry but this surprise is a flop. SHE BROKE NO LAWS.

No---SHE should be proud of it considering who it was that think she was a bad girl. But if you don't appreciate someone who has the balls to piss off a few people, you need to stick with Barry.

Sorry but this surprise is a flop. SHE BROKE NO LAWS.

I point to the other thread to answer this.

Loopholes, besides if you don't think she did anything wrong then I bet you believe O.J was framed twice huh? :rolleyes:

That's what happens when a maverick pisses of the establishment. They piss back. Wow---big surprise here. She should wear it as a badge of courage.

No, that's what happens when an elected official abuses her office. Maybe that is a Red Badge for the right. Keep up the excuses.

I heard that the only reason Bill Clinton let Monica BJ him was that it helped straighten her braces.:cuckoo:

Nope, but she proclaims herself as one.

Well she isn't. I thought picking her was a reckless decision. Politicians are generally corrupt, in my opinion. That is how they obtain their position.

Three words: The election is over. OK that's 4. People are sick to their stomachs over this financial crisis and the corruption surrounding it. Now you have someone who's new, who you're not too sure about, and an ethics report has found that she unlawfully abused her power as governer. People are going to make the connection to that. Then they're going to look at McCain... and they're going to see his nasty attack ads and the people who are screaming KILL HIM in McCain's crowds. Then they're going to look at how John McCain offers the American people absolutely NO plan to help our economy except that he'll cut wasteful spending.

Compare that to a guy who is connected to extremists like Wright, like Ayres and idiotic Rezko. The election will be close and Obama is going to get hit from this sooner or later, and it will come down to Ohio where people are more worried about the economy than Obama's past political connections.

John McCain is rumored to bring up Obama's connections this Wednesday at the debate. This will be a fatal error for McCain as Obama will finally have a chance to defend himself from these attacks in front of 70 million people.

It's over.

Three words: The election is over. OK that's 4. People are sick to their stomachs over this financial crisis and the corruption surrounding it. Now you have someone who's new, who you're not too sure about, and an ethics report has found that she unlawfully abused her power as governer. People are going to make the connection to that. Then they're going to look at McCain... and they're going to see his nasty attack ads and the people who are screaming KILL HIM in McCain's crowds. Then they're going to look at how John McCain offers the American people absolutely NO plan to help our economy except that he'll cut wasteful spending.

Compare that to a guy who is connected to extremists like Wright, like Ayres and idiotic Rezko. The election will be close and Obama is going to get hit from this sooner or later, and it will come down to Ohio where people are more worried about the economy than Obama's past political connections.

John McCain is rumored to bring up Obama's connections this Wednesday at the debate. This will be a fatal error for McCain as Obama will finally have a chance to defend himself from these attacks in front of 70 million people.

It's over.

Thank God---you can go home now.

McCain is a fighter though. I admire him. But I do think that we will soon have the first Black President.....did I say that? OH CRAP! LOL

THE SKY IS FALLING!

I still find it sad that your talking point is that she tried to have her brother-in-law fired. You have nothing to say about the fact that he was in fact NOT fired after he drank in his squad car AND tasered an 11 year old kid.

Also, even the committee said Monegan was NOT fired for not firing Wooten.

New Topics

Forum List

Back