repeal the First Amendment

Really? That's why the activists on the Supreme Court overturned over 100 years of precedent. The 'people' that belong to the collective man made entities called a corporation already had first amendment rights as human beings and as individuals...the way our founding fathers designed it. Corporations were not endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights...

But people are. And a corporation is a group of people united for a common goal. Are you honestly telling me that groups of people lose the right to speak simply because they incorporate instead of choosing to be a LLC, Partnership, Sole proprietorship?

Corporations arent some soulless evil entity. They are just people trying to make a living for themselves. But you dont like people actually working and having jobs because they might actually be good at what they do. And we can't have that, can we?

The right to free speech is all about all ideas out in the marketplace of ideas. People have a right to know everyones perspective. Even people who decide to incorporate. I know you think the American people are too stupid to differentiate between voices, and you are scared that if people know every side, they wont support you. But tough cookies. This is the United States of America and we have a right to say whatever the heck we want.

Is it really that hard to understand? NO ONE ever lost his or her individual right to speak because he or she owned or worked for a corporation. I agree that people have the right to know everyone's perspective. But no collective group of people should be granted by law additional power to impose their views and be given the means to intimidate people running for office.

Please explain what religion you were taught that man made entities have a soul? Can a corporation get cancer? Can a corporation be poisoned? Can a corporation die?

THINK man...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not difficult to believe that people would sign this. After some of the reports we've heard about how stupid so many of our people truly are I believe those folks had no Idea what the 1st Amendment is. You have to wonder how many could actually name even half of the bill of rights.

I agree, there MUST be uniformity on such Liberties. Can you imagine the 4th AM not being applicable to the states? At one time in this country is was permitted to "take a person in for questioning" (emphasis added) absent court authority and without probable cause to arrest. Investigative detention as such is UNconstitutional now, per the Supremacy Clause.

Can you imagine that simply because you cross a state line, you have no idea what police power exists unless you are familiar with that state's constitution?

You act like because it was declared unconstitutional these abuses have stopped. Unfortunately, we live in the real world where the police can be just as bad as the criminals and the Judges and attorneys let them get away with it.

Really? That's why the activists on the Supreme Court overturned over 100 years of precedent. The 'people' that belong to the collective man made entities called a corporation already had first amendment rights as human beings and as individuals...the way our founding fathers designed it. Corporations were not endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights...

But people are. And a corporation is a group of people united for a common goal. Are you honestly telling me that groups of people lose the right to speak simply because they incorporate instead of choosing to be a LLC, Partnership, Sole proprietorship?

Corporations arent some soulless evil entity. They are just people trying to make a living for themselves. But you dont like people actually working and having jobs because they might actually be good at what they do. And we can't have that, can we?

The right to free speech is all about all ideas out in the marketplace of ideas. People have a right to know everyones perspective. Even people who decide to incorporate. I know you think the American people are too stupid to differentiate between voices, and you are scared that if people know every side, they wont support you. But tough cookies. This is the United States of America and we have a right to say whatever the heck we want.

Is it really that hard to understand? NO ONE ever lost his or her individual right to speak because he or she owned or worked for a corporation. I agree that people have the right to know everyone's perspective. But no collective group of people should be granted by law additional power to impose their views and be given the means to intimidate people running for office.

Please explain what religion you were taught that man made entities have a soul? Can a corporation get cancer? Can a corporation be poisoned? Can a corporation die?

Obviously I am. Would you please read the stinkin decision? I should stop arguing with people who dont even bother to understand what they are arguing.

Obviously I am. Would you please read the stinkin decision? I should stop arguing with people who dont even bother to understand what they are arguing.

I understand exactly what I'm arguing...clearly you don't know what a person is...

pollution.jpg

"Corporations arent some soulless evil entity. They are just people trying to make a living for themselves."

So your saying that a corporation is not a group of people jointed together in a business enterprise?

So your saying that a corporation is not a group of people jointed together in a business enterprise?

So you're saying that a group of people joined together in a business enterprise can create a new person?

The first thing to understand is the difference between the natural person and the fictitious person called a corporation. They differ in the purpose for which they are created, in the strength which they possess, and in the restraints under which they act.

Man is the handiwork of God and was placed upon earth to carry out a Divine purpose; the corporation is the handiwork of man and created to carry out a money-making policy.

There is comparatively little difference in the strength of men; a corporation may be one hundred, one thousand, or even one million times stronger than the average man.

Man acts under the restraints of conscience, and is influenced also by a belief in a future life. A corporation has no soul and cares nothing about the hereafter.

—William Jennings Bryan, 1912 Ohio Constitutional Convention

WOW, I can’t believe how dumb people can be at times. The first amendment is the first for a reason.

Actually when presented to the states for ratification, it was the 3rd Article, 1 and 2 were not ratified. The 2nd Article later became the 27th AM after 150 + years.

It is not difficult to believe that people would sign this. After some of the reports we've heard about how stupid so many of our people truly are I believe those folks had no Idea what the 1st Amendment is. You have to wonder how many could actually name even half of the bill of rights.

I agree, there MUST be uniformity on such Liberties. Can you imagine the 4th AM not being applicable to the states? At one time in this country is was permitted to "take a person in for questioning" (emphasis added) absent court authority and without probable cause to arrest. Investigative detention as such is UNconstitutional now, per the Supremacy Clause.

Can you imagine that simply because you cross a state line, you have no idea what police power exists unless you are familiar with that state's constitution?

You act like because it was declared unconstitutional these abuses have stopped. Unfortunately, we live in the real world where the police can be just as bad as the criminals and the Judges and attorneys let them get away with it.

NO, I don't think that at all, not even a hint towards it. Police abuse in this country is alive, how can anyone think it is not??

Hard to believe that so many people are STILL this uninformed with our own constitution and life in general. Kind of disturbing knowing these people also VOTE for those people who will ultimately determine our political futures. And what is worse, :lol:, some may actually be in an elected office's, in local,state,or federal positions. Joking of course......I hope.

We need to get those people into the USMB gang, so they may become more informed. I wish I knew everything, but every time I wake up I find out how much I do not know. At least many people are trying to become more informed today than ever before, it would seem anyway.

So you're saying that a group of people joined together in a business enterprise can create a new person?

The first thing to understand is the difference between the natural person and the fictitious person called a corporation. They differ in the purpose for which they are created, in the strength which they possess, and in the restraints under which they act.

Man is the handiwork of God and was placed upon earth to carry out a Divine purpose; the corporation is the handiwork of man and created to carry out a money-making policy.

There is comparatively little difference in the strength of men; a corporation may be one hundred, one thousand, or even one million times stronger than the average man.

Man acts under the restraints of conscience, and is influenced also by a belief in a future life. A corporation has no soul and cares nothing about the hereafter.

—William Jennings Bryan, 1912 Ohio Constitutional Convention

That would be silly to argue that a corporation is a person because it ain't. Its a legal charter incapable of having any thoughts of its own or even speaking. That legal charter is created by the laws of the United States and the first amendment clearly says that congress can't pass any law abridging the right of free speech so it is unconstitutional to create any corporate charter laws that abridge the right of free speech that would pertain to the choices of its members about how that corp is to act.

No. Im saying that the "corporations are a person" argument is completely irrelevant. In fact, I've already said that multiple times.

Please answer me and tell me whether a group of people have freedom to speak. Because the Court has been clear many occasions that we have freedom to associate with other and speak together.

Your suggesting that people should lose this right simply because they choose to incoporate instead of forming a partnership or a LLC? But if people unionize, they still have the right to free speech. Or if they form a PAC they can speak. But not if they are incorporated?

Just because someone you dont like is speaking doesnt mean they dont have a right to speak. It doesnt matter if they are wealthy or poor, alone or in a group, people have a right to free speech. The fact that you guys dont comprehend this is very disturbing for the future of this nation.

The point some people seem to be missing is that people have the right to contribute to a political campaign, not a corporation, and the fact that a corporation is made up of people makes no difference because the individuals making up the corporation can contribute individually if they wish, but to allow a corporation to contribute gives them an unfair advantage over individual people, not to mention that not every one that has stock, or is invested in that corporation may agree with the corporations political position.

By allowing a corporation to donate to a political campaign is just allowing the board of directors, or CEO, to make donations from the corporation's funds, not the individuals that make up that corporation, of which some, or most might not agree with.

Although misguided, the people signing that petition were just exercising their First Amendment rights.

No the point some people are missing is "Congress shall pass no law"

Not allowing corporations to contribute to political candidates in no way abridges the individuals right of free speech, and that is the point.

Although I do not believe corporations should be able to contribute to political campaigns, I have no problem with them informing those that are in some way connected to the corporation about the voting records, political actions being taken, or proposed by political candidates.

Forum List

Back