repeal the First Amendment

Has anyone noticed that it seems OK to remove the first amendment when it protects what liberals have defined as a social evil such as hate speech or corporation political activities? Its like you can the words "hate speech" and people immediatly want to scrap anything to destroy it.

Corporations are only humans in the limited sense so they can be a entity with certain rights that are given to humans. Corporations are no more human in reality than the chair you're sitting on.

And I hope you enjoy China being able to influence our elections. You cry Communism now? Just wait until they start funneling money to Communist candidates. :thup:

They don't have to be Communist, just willing to sell our national infrastructure, bring in even more cheap crappy plastic stuff and ship out jobs. Oh yeah, and sell oil, gas and mining leases to Chinese interests.

Because they are the same fucking thing. :rolleyes:

My goodness you're such a dishonest troll sometimes.

Troll... That's a new one.

So you are upset when the First amendment is upheld with groups you dont like, but cant believe people are actually going to sign a petition to repeal the amendment. That is so consistant.

Corporations are only humans in the limited sense so they can be a entity with certain rights that are given to humans. Corporations are no more human in reality than the chair you're sitting on.

And I hope you enjoy China being able to influence our elections. You cry Communism now? Just wait until they start funneling money to Communist candidates. :thup:

A corporation is a group of people united together with a common purpose. People have speech rights whether they are in groups or alone. This isnt really that controversial.

You can't give up that right anymore than you an make a stone way less by passing a law that says so. It exist in nature not in state law.

1. The First Amendment is not State law
2. Without the First Amendment, you try that defense when the police come and break down your door for speaking out against (fill in politician of choice here).

1. Is that why the constitution states that it is the supreme law of the land?
2. Authoritarians always think the state's natural role is to oppress people and when it chooses not to then it is a right.

*sigh* What did I expect from a troll who refuses to believe there is any such thing as a Federal government?

It is not difficult to believe that people would sign this. After some of the reports we've heard about how stupid so many of our people truly are I believe those folks had no Idea what the 1st Amendment is. You have to wonder how many could actually name even half of the bill of rights.

2. Without the First Amendment, you try that defense when the police come and break down your door for speaking out against (fill in politician of choice here).

1. Is that why the constitution states that it is the supreme law of the land?
2. Authoritarians always think the state's natural role is to oppress people and when it chooses not to then it is a right.

*sigh* What did I expect from a troll who refuses to believe there is any such thing as a Federal government?

It exist but not in a real way. State governments are capable of existing without the constitution since they are actually government of real territory and have their own constitutions but federal government does not exist in the same way. It can't leave the union and be a country all its own and has no legal authority to exist without the constitution itself. States don't have those limitations on it because if we were to write a new constitution the federal government would not longer have a legal right to exist or to have any authority whatsoever.

It is not difficult to believe that people would sign this. After some of the reports we've heard about how stupid so many of our people truly are I believe those folks had no Idea what the 1st Amendment is. You have to wonder how many could actually name even half of the bill of rights.

I believe that there is something deeper going on in their minds because he used the phrase "limit hate speech". That seemed to get them to sign it. It seems to me that people think that the government's role is to bring justice on earth much like a divine authority over mankind does.

A corporation is a group of people united together with a common purpose. People have speech rights whether they are in groups or alone. This isnt really that controversial.

Really? That's why the activists on the Supreme Court overturned over 100 years of precedent. The 'people' that belong to the collective man made entities called a corporation already had first amendment rights as human beings and as individuals...the way our founding fathers designed it. Corporations were not endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights...

Are people really so stupid not to realize that if you give up the right to say hateful things you also give up the right to say non-hateful things? Morons.

I'd have signed it in big letters "Go Fuck Yourself".

Really? That's why the activists on the Supreme Court overturned over 100 years of precedent. The 'people' that belong to the collective man made entities called a corporation already had first amendment rights as human beings and as individuals...the way our founding fathers designed it. Corporations were not endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights...

But people are. And a corporation is a group of people united for a common goal. Are you honestly telling me that groups of people lose the right to speak simply because they incorporate instead of choosing to be a LLC, Partnership, Sole proprietorship?

Corporations arent some soulless evil entity. They are just people trying to make a living for themselves. But you dont like people actually working and having jobs because they might actually be good at what they do. And we can't have that, can we?

The right to free speech is all about all ideas out in the marketplace of ideas. People have a right to know everyones perspective. Even people who decide to incorporate. I know you think the American people are too stupid to differentiate between voices, and you are scared that if people know every side, they wont support you. But tough cookies. This is the United States of America and we have a right to say whatever the heck we want.

I really don't understand how anyone would want to give up the right to free speech. I just can't wrap my mind around this type of stuff.

Well, most folks don't like giving up their right to free speech. But the hard part is respecting the free speech of others. And if you have been paying attention to the discussion on the recent SCOTUS discussions, lots of folks think the bill of rights is just for me and not for thee.

McCain Fiengold was all about denying free speech to those some folks disliked. And you can always count of finding folks who are willing to deny free speech to others.

I really don't understand how anyone would want to give up the right to free speech. I just can't wrap my mind around this type of stuff.

You can't give up that right anymore than you an make a stone way less by passing a law that says so. It exist in nature not in state law.

Classic example, the Sedition Act, sec 2. Don't pass go, go directly to jail for criticizing big brother.

United States Statutes at Large/Volume 1/5th Congress/2nd Session/Chapter 74 - Wikisource

In the seminal New York Times v. Sullivan, the Court mentions the Sedition Act, and although not decided by the court back then, it is an ever constant vigil on the freedom of speech/expression.

Are you really surprised after the results of last weeks Court decision and the absolute hysteria half the board had over the the First Amendment being upheld?

only ignorant fools would ignore the reality of this

i have no doubt there are many people who think the first should be repealed so corps can't have political speech....

I agree, there MUST be uniformity on such Liberties. Can you imagine the 4th AM not being applicable to the states? At one time in this country is was permitted to "take a person in for questioning" (emphasis added) absent court authority and without probable cause to arrest. Investigative detention as such is UNconstitutional now, per the Supremacy Clause.

Can you imagine that simply because you cross a state line, you have no idea what police power exists unless you are familiar with that state's constitution?

I agree, there MUST be uniformity on such Liberties. Can you imagine the 4th AM not being applicable to the states? At one time in this country is was permitted to "take a person in for questioning" (emphasis added) absent court authority and without probable cause to arrest. Investigative detention as such is UNconstitutional now, per the Supremacy Clause.

Can you imagine that simply because you cross a state line, you have no idea what police power exists unless you are familiar with that state's constitution?

btw....not every amendment or clause in the bill of rights apply to the states

iirc the 2nd, 3rd, 7th and the grand jury part of the 5th

Forum List

Back