CDZ Repeal The 17th

Here in Florida any constitutional amendment goes on the ballot and has to be a2/3 majority

Are you talking about amending the state or federal constitution ?
State

I was making reference to (from memory) a popular amendment procedure that can be utilized to bypass that corrupt cesspool we now call the U.S. Congress.

In this, 2/3 of the states pass something (not sure what) calling for a national convention that would allow for consideration of amendments independent of congress. I don't know that a state has to have 2/3 votes to be a part of this.
They tried this year but were 2 or 3 Govs short. 2016 we can finish that shortage and we NEED to.

That's the right of any group that controls state houses.

I just hope nobody thinks that somehow the issues like our federal deficit will suddenly go away just because we pass that kind of amendment.

It's going to take a lot of time and a lot of fresh blood to get that kind of thing under control.
If the states can garner more power by extension, since most states have a balanced budget amendment, it could happen quickly

Here in Florida any constitutional amendment goes on the ballot and has to be a2/3 majority

State

I was making reference to (from memory) a popular amendment procedure that can be utilized to bypass that corrupt cesspool we now call the U.S. Congress.

In this, 2/3 of the states pass something (not sure what) calling for a national convention that would allow for consideration of amendments independent of congress. I don't know that a state has to have 2/3 votes to be a part of this.
They tried this year but were 2 or 3 Govs short. 2016 we can finish that shortage and we NEED to.

I just hope nobody thinks that somehow the issues like our federal deficit will suddenly go away just because we pass that kind of amendment.

It's going to take a lot of time and a lot of fresh blood to get that kind of thing under control.
Your right about the debt but if states had more control would it be as bad? What IF states took BACK their right to go to war or not? What IF a president could not find 37 states to vote for war?

State control is YOUR control.

There is a provision for a popular amendment process. It has never been utilized.

State
The MOST important thing I see for the state to RE-enact is the power to nullify. .
They never had that power.

That strips federal government and then THEY have to do what we say.

See: Supremacy Clause.
There is a provision for a popular amendment process. It has never been utilized.

State
The MOST important thing I see for the state to RE-enact is the power to nullify. .

The supremacy clause only has reach to the specific duties of the federal congress. You'd think that people would understand that by now.

When it comes to other things.....it's up to the SCOTUS to knock them down.

Something was stolen some time back by "progressive" democrats and I for one think it's time YOU took it back. The power of the states were STOLEN from you and they are important because the power of the state PROTECTS you from the abuse of the federal government.

A short video here on what was stolen and how it was stolen and WHY it was stolen. It BELONGS to YOU, maybe it's time YOU took it BACK.

Not gonna happen. Sorry.

State

Your right about the debt but if states had more control would it be as bad? What IF states took BACK their right to go to war or not? What IF a president could not find 37 states to vote for war?

I don't believe that states ever had a say in going to war. That power is clearly in the scope of the Federal government.

State

If the states can garner more power by extension, since most states have a balanced budget amendment, it could happen quickly
Life in the liberal cities would go down overnight if they had to pay for what they spend.

State

State

The supremacy clause only has reach to the specific duties of the federal congress. You'd think that people would understand that by now.

Acquaint yourself with the post I was responding.

Thank you.

Something was stolen some time back by "progressive" democrats and I for one think it's time YOU took it back. The power of the states were STOLEN from you and they are important because the power of the state PROTECTS you from the abuse of the federal government.

A short video here on what was stolen and how it was stolen and WHY it was stolen. It BELONGS to YOU, maybe it's time YOU took it BACK.

Not gonna happen. Sorry.

That statement doesn't have a good track record

Not gonna happen. Sorry.

Discuss it
State

State

Acquaint yourself with the post I was responding.

Thank you.

Did before I posted it.

You're welcome.

Life in the liberal cities would go down overnight if they had to pay for what they spend.

You have evidence that conservative cities are any better ?

Please share.

This was about the repealing the 17th amendment.

I don't believe that states ever had a say in going to war. That power is clearly in the scope of the Federal government.
The president USED to be able to make war for 55 days and was FORCED to appear before the House to ask PERMISSION to extend it.

No way could Obama get that today. That's WHY they changed it and use BS terms to cover for it. NO government EVER built a country. A country builds a government.

The same can be said about the economy.

Please share.

Of the number ONE city in every state I cannot off the top of my head even think of a major city that IS conservative. That is how out of shape the balance of power is.

Please share.

Of the number ONE city in every state I cannot off the top of my head even think of a major city that IS conservative. That is how out of shape the balance of power is.
Like the video said.....So many changes are made under the guise of more democracy.
Now all these liberal major metropolitan areas carry the weight of the election

Please share.

Like the video said.....So many changes are made under the guise of more democracy.
And we ARE a REPUBLIC of states NOT a democracy. Central government STOLE states right to form a Democratic Dictatorship. We are a nation of states joined in a Republic NOT a nation of people all joined to a party.

Lot easier (and a lot cheaper!) to buy off' a handful of state legislators than buying off thousands of swing voters in a direct election - which is where the meat of many elections lie/ (That's why Koch, Inc cons LOVE this idea!)

What you want to do is take away the power of the people in their direct vote for senator, and give it to a politician.

Good luck with convincing Americans a politician is going to make a better choice than them.
Why do you want to take a persons rights and their states right?
And then turn it over to a central government?
Read this ----> Conservatives 17th Amendment repeal effort Why their plan will backfire.

Now.
"S" is another PAID blog site. I pass.
Figures.

No reason to educate yourself on it, I suppose.
"S" pays their bloggers. So all you are getting is what you find here except they pay members to write their way.

DarkFury

Why would anyone object to people getting paid for their work?

Do you believe that no RW sites pay their writers?

It's obvious we have RW paid posters on this Board as well as several lefties.

Please share.

And we ARE a REPUBLIC of states NOT a democracy. Central government STOLE states right to form a Democratic Dictatorship. We are a nation of states joined in a Republic NOT a nation of people all joined to a party.

Well, actually it was the states who ratified the 17th...so they essentially handed over their power to the central government>

You may not like that it happened.....but you should be honest about how it happened.

Then use the popular amendment process, or the state allows a referendum. Still from the bottom up.
Thanks for admitting your earlier misstatement.
Yes, you were wrong. It is still from the bottom up; it is progressive and popular.

Yes, thank you for admitting that we are a democratic republic.

It's never been utilized. So it isn't so popular after all.

You might want to brush up.
You have not a clue, do you? Hang in there, and you will catch the swing of it.

Forum List

Back