Repeal & Replace petition 81,000 signatures

And another... you really can't help yourself, can you? I was responding to this claim of yours: And you've made it clear your values are that if you get sick you should just die, regardless if it's treatable. Which isn't, at all, what I said.

Here's how it went down in Post #93:

Get this through your head: I don't think I should be allowed to run up health care costs I can't pay for. IF I ever do that, do whatever you like. Fine me, arrest me, shoot me in the head. Whatever you think is 'humane'. Of course the best approach is probably to just not let me run up health care costs I can't pay for in the first place. But I guess that's too obvious.

So we all know that you believe if you get cancer and can't afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs to treat cancer, you should just die and decrease the surplus population, right?

Exactly.

So now words don't mean what they mean? How Trumpian of you.

And another... you really can't help yourself, can you? I was responding to this claim of yours: And you've made it clear your values are that if you get sick you should just die, regardless if it's treatable. Which isn't, at all, what I said.

Here's how it went down in Post #93:

Get this through your head: I don't think I should be allowed to run up health care costs I can't pay for. IF I ever do that, do whatever you like. Fine me, arrest me, shoot me in the head. Whatever you think is 'humane'. Of course the best approach is probably to just not let me run up health care costs I can't pay for in the first place. But I guess that's too obvious.

So we all know that you believe if you get cancer and can't afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs to treat cancer, you should just die and decrease the surplus population, right?

Exactly.

So now words don't mean what they mean? How Trumpian of you.

Yep - "if you get cancer and can't afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs to treat cancer, you should ..."

Like almost every one of your posts, you left out the crucial portion when you morphed into a strawman. Is it impossible for you to debate honestly?

Like almost every one of your posts, you left out the crucial portion when you morphed into a strawman. Is it impossible for you to debate honestly?

I fail to see what the difference is between cost or not. You just said in a post earlier you shouldn't run up medical bills. Treating cancer, regardless if you can pay, runs up medical bills. So your argument, whether you realize you are making it or not, is that even if you get cancer and can afford the treatment you shouldn't because it's running up medical costs.

So then why get health care at all? If you get an infection, just die. Because then you won't run up medical costs...except for all those costs when you're taken to the hospital as you enter cardiac arrest and die.

Yes I do.

LOL! Really? So you're clairvoyant? Quick, who's gonna win next year's Super Bowl, oh Great dblack-mac?

I don't expect to get something for free. I'm not asking for it. Why doesn't that fit inside your head?

Insurance isn't getting something for free. What do you think a health insurance premium is? This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say you people don't know what health insurance is, don't know what health insurance companies do, and don't know how it relates to health care delivery.

Yes I do.

LOL! Really? So you're clairvoyant? Quick, who's gonna win next year's Super Bowl, oh Great dblack-mac?

I don't expect to get something for free. I'm not asking for it. Why doesn't that fit inside your head?

Insurance isn't getting something for free. What do you think a health insurance premium is? This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say you people don't know what health insurance is, don't know what health insurance companies do, and don't know how it relates to health care delivery.

I didn't say insurance was getting something for free. You claimed that not buy insurance is the same as wanting to get something for free. You're misrepresenting everything I post. Deliberately, I assume. Stop.

I didn't say insurance was getting something for free.

Insurance doesn't make it free. You pay a premium. That premium, along with everyone else's, forms the risk pool from where reimbursements are made. So at no point is it ever "free". This is what I am talking about when I say you have no idea what health insurance is, what insurance companies do, and how it relates to health care delivery.

You claimed that not buy insurance is the same as wanting to get something for free. You're misrepresenting everything I post. Deliberately, I assume. Stop.

It is the same as wanting to get something for free because when you inevitably have to get health care and can't afford it, someone else pays for it. And you confuse that with paying a premium for health insurance, which then reimburses your doctor from your premium pool.

I didn't say insurance was getting something for free.

Insurance doesn't make it free.

I didn't say that either. Are you accidentally responding to someone else's posts?

You claimed that not buy insurance is the same as wanting to get something for free. You're misrepresenting everything I post. Deliberately, I assume. Stop.

It is the same as wanting to get something for free because when you inevitably have to get health care and can't afford it, someone else pays for it.

You're just ostriching now. Once more, for old time's sake: I don't think I should be allowed to run up health care costs I can't pay for.

Is it your reading comprehension, or your memory, that's failing you?

I didn't say that either. Are you accidentally responding to someone else's posts?

I am quoting your posts directly. What we have is a case of Conservatism making words not mean what they mean.

You're just ostriching now. Once more, for old time's sake: I don't think I should be allowed to run up health care costs I can't pay for.

Which is why health insurance exists as a concept. So you can get life-saving treatment you cannot afford on your own. In your world, anyone who doesn't have the $500K to treat cancer should just fucking die. And I have a really hard time believing you would continue to have that belief as you suffer from the painfulness that comes from untreated cancer. You ever known anyone to have cancer? It's a fucking shit-show even with treatment.

Your problem is that you clearly lead a very sheltered, privileged life. It's a certainty that as soon as you hit stage whatever of whatever cancer, you'd be screaming for those cancer drugs and begging for the chemo.

But that gets back to what I was saying before about your lack of empathy; you're a sociopath. And not a very good one.

I mean, do you think a 10 year old kid should suffer and die of Leukemia because his parents aren't rich?

Last edited:

I am quoting your posts directly.
No, you're rewording them, and in the process leaving out the portions you want to ignore. Weak.

Which is why health insurance exists as a concept. So you can get life-saving treatment you cannot afford on your own.

If you think insurance is a good idea, you should get you some. If I have other plans for how to pay for my health care, it's none of your business.

In your world, anyone who doesn't have the $500K to treat cancer should just fucking die...

Making shit up again. I haven't described my "world" to you. I'm just saying people should be forced to buy insurance from your sponsors.

No, you're rewording them, and in the process leaving out the portions you want to ignore. Weak.

No, I am not. I am quoting you directly and accurately. I can't help it if you forget what you write from post to post, or suddenly realize your previous position was wrong but are too prideful to admit it. We've been at this for dozens of posts and you still don't seem to grasp the very fundamental basics of health insurance. That's either because you're a sociopath, or you're just playing dense. At this point, it doesn't even matter which you are because if you were just ignorant, you would have learned what health insurance is by now.

If you think insurance is a good idea, you should get you some. If I have other plans for how to pay for my health care, it's none of your business.

How you pay for your health care directly affects how much I pay for my health insurance. I've been over this three times in this thread. How you think paying for cash or not getting treatment at all somehow saves money when it doesn't. The bill always comes due, the Lannisters always pay their debts, and you will always need health care in your life. You may think you can just glide by but chances are you will have at least one major medical need before you become eligible for Medicare. And that major medical need is going to cost more than you have. It's awful hard to say to the paramedic you don't want them to take you to the hospital if you drop unconscious on the street and someone calls 911. That's just one example. How would you tell the paramedics you don't want to go to the hospital for treatment if you're knocked unconscious by a bus?

That's the scenario you people never think about. So you say you don't buy insurance...OK...so what happens if you get struck by a bus tomorrow? Do you have the hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay for hospitalization and surgery? So what do you think you will do? Walk it off?

In your world, anyone who doesn't have the $500K to treat cancer should just fucking die...

Making shit up again. I haven't described my "world" to you. I'm just saying people should be forced to buy insurance from your sponsors.

My sponsors? WTF? You think health insurance companies sponsor me? I support single payer health care which would abolish insurance companies. Fucking numbskull. And yes, that is what you said.

Here's what I said: So we all know that you believe if you get cancer and can't afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs to treat cancer, you should just die and decrease the surplus population, right?

And your response: Exactly

So do words not mean what they mean, now?

But what happened to you is not an indictment of government-run health insurance.
It is an indictment of how together private insurance for profit and government working together is a disastrous because the system is corrupted.

No, I am not. I am quoting you directly and accurately.
Prove it. Use actual quotes.

How you pay for your health care directly affects how much I pay for my health insurance.

That's true of every economic decision every consumer makes - every single one of our value decisions affects the prices we all pay for goods and services. That's the way a free market works. That's the way freedom works. You could, and people did, use the same shitty argument to prevent minorities from bringing down their property values.

My sponsors? WTF? You think health insurance companies sponsor me? I support single payer health care which would abolish insurance companies. Fucking numbskull. And yes, that is what you said.

Here's what I said: So we all know that you believe if you get cancer and can't afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs to treat cancer, you should just die and decrease the surplus population, right?

And your response: Exactly

So do words not mean what they mean, now?

I was talking about myself, not 'anyone'. You do this in every fucking post. You're really being deliberately dishonest here, aren't you.

So, what's next on the propaganda hitlist? Sing us an insurance company jingle!

The only people who back Obamacare are those who are under 26 or lazy fucks who don't work.

If anyone from the middle class actually backs the law they're borderline retarded.

How you pay for your health care directly affects how much I pay for my health insurance. I've been over this three times in this thread. How you think paying for cash or not getting treatment at all somehow saves money when it doesn't.

Those in the middle class who are paying $7,000 a year for a single person premium know how shitty the ACA is.

That is $7,000 gone before a $4,000 deductible.

I could save $8,000 on a $3,000 surgery for myself and still walk away feeling better than if I signed up under the ACA.

The sucker who's paying $7,000 a year is still stuck with a $3,000 bill because they didn't reach their high deductible. Additionally, that sucker doesn't get 15% off like my doctor does for patients who pay their entire bill up front with credit or cash.

It is an indictment of how together private insurance for profit and government working together is a disastrous because the system is corrupted.

But it's not the government. The price of health care is determined by chargemasters who collude with insurance companies to inflate prices in order to achieve profits. It's not something government is even involved with.

Last edited:
The sucker who's paying $7,000 a year is still stuck with a $3,000 bill because they didn't reach their high deductible. Additionally, that sucker doesn't get 15% off like my doctor does for patients who pay their entire bill up front with credit or cash.

You're not getting a discount when you pay cash for health care. In fact, you're paying far inflated prices. This isn't because of the government, it's because of the chargemaster.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back