Rep. Polis (D) slams Repubs over inheritance tax

Ole Dottie can be counted on to get all ginned up over some third rate Dem with no influence.
Where was the concern over deficit spending when your party held congress and ran up trillions?

Why can't rw'ers produce wealth instead of inheriting it? BTW- the rate doesn't kick-in until $5,000,000 for individuals & $10,000,000+ for married couples so yeah....

What's the magical cutoff, then? How much money can I earn before I've earned enough that you should have the authority to tell me how to spend it?
as the benefactor? Who cares. You'll be 6 feet under kiddo. The question is moot.

BTW- Inheritances are for dynasties. MURICANS create their own wealth from the sweat of their brow or is that another rw lie?

Why can't rw'ers produce wealth instead of inheriting it? BTW- the rate doesn't kick-in until $5,000,000 for individuals & $10,000,000+ for married couples so yeah....
Classic. Fuel greed in those who have less. Pitch people against one another. How can you look into other people's eyes? You deserve communism.

BTW- Inheritances are for dynasties.
Why don't you just take everything from the heirs then. It took place before in 1917 in Russia and guess what happened, for some reason new dynasties are emerging. Apparently, communist Canaan did not work out so well, yet you are pushing for it. What does that tell about you?

What's the magical cutoff, then? How much money can I earn before I've earned enough that you should have the authority to tell me how to spend it?
as the benefactor? Who cares. You'll be 6 feet under kiddo. The question is moot.

BTW- Inheritances are for dynasties. MURICANS create their own wealth from the sweat of their brow or is that another rw lie?
Who cares? Actually, -most- people care what's going to happen to what they've built when they die. Maybe you've heard about this newfangled contraption called a will? I've heard they're real popular with old folks. Yeah, crazy, right? Apparently it's part of that pesky human condition you humanists are so unfamiliar with.

And I love that you try to equate forcible reallocation of someone else's shit to the task of perpetuating your values with championing work ethic. What about earning your charitable contribution by the sweat of your own brow? Why is it okay for your generosity to be paid for with some dead guy's money who didn't even want to give it to you? But -my- work ethic is called into question for telling you to leave that other guy's shit alone? How do you make that argument with a straight face?

To me Dot sounds like mrobama , he is into redistribution of other peoples stuff . He himself probably lives in his moms basement . His talk about work ethic is silly , he probably doesn't even work !!

there shouldn't be an inheritance tax DOT , seems to me that the dem named 'polis' is simply a thief if he wants to take dead peoples money from the dead persons rightful heirs !!
Take money away from people who never worked for it? Sounds like typical GOP policy.
what if the kids were involved in the family business?....does that make a difference?.....

from his speech:

Let me clarify, because that may seem strange to some people that this applies to zero percent of taxpayers. [Page: H2225]
But the bill we are considering with regard to the inheritance tax on estates over $10 million would apply to 0.15 percent of taxpayers. That can be rounded down to zero.

It doesn't even apply to those taxpayers. It applies to them after they are dead. So it applies to zero living Americans.

Mind you, we won't have a debate about the broken immigration policies that impact over 11 million immigrant workers who would grow the tax base.

We won't have discussions on reducing taxes for the middle class, but we are having policies that affect a few thousand dead people, a few thousand rich dead people, I might add.
Oh, well, if it is to apply to ONLY 0.15 percent of people, then the government won't miss it, and neither would you.

Problem solved.

rw deadbeat responses are predictable.
Ostrich syndrome>>>>facts>>>head in sand>>>detaching from reality. th.jpg

just because you people side w/ non- bootstrappers AKA- welfare kings doesn't mean everyone else does

just because you people side w/ non- bootstrappers AKA- welfare kings doesn't mean everyone else does

Haha! Really, inheritance is the same as wellfare?

Someone giving their shit away voluntarily to someone of the giver's choice is the same as government forcing someone to give their shit to someone of the government's choice?

If you can't understand how the transaction being voluntary makes a difference, you're literally too stupid for this argument.

And stop with this bootstrapper shit, you aren't fooling anyone. Entitlement programs are the only reason this last bit of revenue is needed. You are literally arguing -for- channeling these people's money into wellfare, while saying anyone opposed supports wellfare. Again, if this is honestly your reasoning, you're too stupid for this argument.

Someone giving their shit away voluntarily to someone of the giver's choice is the same as government forcing someone to give their shit to someone of the government's choice?

If you can't understand how the transaction being voluntary makes a difference, you're literally too stupid for this argument.

And stop with this bootstrapper shit, you aren't fooling anyone. Entitlement programs are the only reason this last bit of revenue is needed. You are literally arguing -for- channeling these people's money into wellfare, while saying anyone opposed supports wellfare. Again, if this is honestly your reasoning, you're too stupid for this argument.
just like gofundme is the new welfare for marginal business' who get boycotted for rw socon zaniness.

just like gofundme is the new welfare for marginal business' who get boycotted for rw socon zaniness.

This is where I start wondering if statism is a full on religion for you. You don't like inheritances and you don't like gofundme, both of which you refer to as welfare.

However, you're a big supporter of government entitlement programs. So, I wonder. . . Do you simply consider it morally superior to have someone else decide where your generosity goes, or is there something sacred about making your tithe out to our exalted leaders?

Or is it just run-of-the-mill Democrat busy body bullshit? TV told you not to like people with money or business owners and somewhere along the line you developed the narcissism necessary to believe that your opinions should dictate what other people do with their shit? God forid people should give voluntarily to those who are specifically trying to do something productive with it, generosity is way better when its blind and involuntary. Making poverty comfortable is the greatest of virtues. Lending a hand to someone trying to be productive is welfare and promotes poor work ethic. Thank God for your morals. So well thought out!

This is where I start wondering if statism is a full on religion for you. You don't like inheritances and you don't like gofundme, both of which you refer to as welfare.

However, you're a big supporter of government entitlement programs. So, I wonder. . . Do you simply consider it morally superior to have someone else decide where your generosity goes, or is there something sacred about making your tithe out to our exalted leaders?

Or is it just run-of-the-mill Democrat busy body bullshit? TV told you not to like people with money or business owners and somewhere along the line you developed the narcissism necessary to believe that your opinions should dictate what other people do with their shit? God forid people should give voluntarily to those who are specifically trying to do something productive with it, generosity is way better when its blind and involuntary. Making poverty comfortable is the greatest of virtues. Lending a hand to someone trying to be productive is welfare and promotes poor work ethic. Thank God for your morals. So well thought out!
project much? And I said "rw" welfare.

project much? And I said "rw" welfare.

That's your argument, that I'm projecting? Lol, your powers of logical deduction extend into psychology, I see. Considering that my philosophy is that everyone should be allowed to conduct themselves by their own morals regardless of what you or I think, no, it's not projection when I pontificate about you being a busy body.

I also don't worship government, nor do I seek to impose my moral standard on the generosity of others, so again, no projection.

You got anything substantial to respond with, or you down to showing off your rather loose grasp on popular psychological terms? Not that I don't enjoy you putting your own ignorance on blast, just wondering if the debate part is over.

Repubs keep fighting for Millionaires and Billionaires. unpaid-for $296,000,000,000 tax-cut

Rep Polis D Estate Tax Video C-SPAN.org

Thank you Mr. Polis for exposing who the Repubs REALLY work for.

You mean a Democrat wants to keep a tax in place that was born out of pure envy, jealousy, and greed? Shocking, I say, just shocking....

Repubs keep fighting for Millionaires and Billionaires. unpaid-for $296,000,000,000 tax-cut

Rep Polis D Estate Tax Video C-SPAN.org

Thank you Mr. Polis for exposing who the Repubs REALLY work for.

You mean a Democrat wants to keep a tax in place that was born out of pure envy, jealousy, and greed? Shocking, I say, just shocking....
huh? Where you get that from?!!! :eusa_eh:

see post #11 'cause its obvious you haven't read the grand total 1 1/2 page thread :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back