78-year-old woman who struck, killed Denver boy gets day in jail

timslash

Dec 4, 2014
Buffalo. NY
DENVER - A 78-year-old woman who struck and killed a 3-year-old boy in a crash in Denver's in Bonnie Brae neighborhood was ordered by a judge to spend one day in jail.
78-year-old woman who struck killed Denver boy gets day in jail home confinement - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com
As part of the new deal Thursday, Joan Hinkemeyer pleaded guilty to careless driving resulting in death. In addition to a day in jail, she will spend 30 days in home confinement and complete 200 hours of community service, to be served with children who have special needs. She was also ordered to take a defensive driving class.
Well, i really don't know what the judges think about!
This woman kill a kid and will face only one day in jail? Why people who steal food from markets are in jails for years and this woman - no?
I understand that she is very old, but everyone equal before the law!

It was obviously an accident. She wasnt drunk,and I'm sure the judge looked at her past history when deciding her punishment.
And the story really doesnt tell us if she broke any traffic laws. Did she hit them while they had the light?

DENVER - A 78-year-old woman who struck and killed a 3-year-old boy in a crash in Denver's in Bonnie Brae neighborhood was ordered by a judge to spend one day in jail.
78-year-old woman who struck killed Denver boy gets day in jail home confinement - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com
As part of the new deal Thursday, Joan Hinkemeyer pleaded guilty to careless driving resulting in death. In addition to a day in jail, she will spend 30 days in home confinement and complete 200 hours of community service, to be served with children who have special needs. She was also ordered to take a defensive driving class.
This woman kill a kid and will face only one day in jail? Why people who steal food from markets are in jails for years and this woman - no?
A defensive driving class? Are you kidding me? And she shouldn't even be on the road if age is a factor in the accident,

i agree. I think the circumstances of the accident must have had some bearing on the judge's decision.

And also, maybe it will sound very rough, but this woman lived many years, she did everything to live and i'm sure that she did everything she want... And this kid was only 3, imagine what could do! And after this, i think the decision of judges was at least "very awful"

And also, maybe it will sound very rough, but this woman lived many years, she did everything to live and i'm sure that she did everything she want... And this kid was only 3, imagine what could do! And after this, i think the decision of judges was at least "very awful"

What are the circumstances of the accident? Was the old woman negligent? Did the kid run out in front of her? Unless we know that, we can't really judge the sentence accurately.

It was an accident. People die in car accidents on a regular basis yet drivers dont do jail time.
Had she been a repeat offender or was intoxicated than yes by all means lock her up.

What are the circumstances of the accident? Was the old woman negligent? Did the kid run out in front of her? Unless we know that, we can't really judge the sentence accurately.

Without even reading the story Winterborn's observation should be obvious. And the OP deliberately biased his own thread with the title, so there's that.

As for this wacko thinking that somehow younger lives are more valuable than older ones, that just doesn't follow. Never did.

What should the judge have done....had the baliff slap her around? Without more details I have no opinion other than maybe it's time she sold her car and bought a skateboard to get around....is that cruel?

If it truly was an accident, then I can understand why she was only sentenced to a day in jail, but to me, her days behind the wheel should officially be a thing of the past.

God bless you and the boy's family always!!!

Holly

Is she a cop???? Because I thought only cops got off easy in our system?

Our judges in America are soft. On everyone.

Forum List

Back