Remember when 60 Minutes touted Deion Sanders as the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi

Deon attracts good athletes who want to play for Coach Prime. More importantly, their fathers want them to play for Coach Prime.

But they don’t function as a team. They are a bunch of Prima Dona’s more concerned about how they will look on the highlights.

Give him time, he took over a team that won one game the previous year. He has not had his own recruiting class yet.

Give him time, he took over a team that won one game the previous year. He has not had his own recruiting class yet.
Give him time?

He inject pain killers into his injured son because God only knows that his son is far superior to any other player on that team even when injured

He constantly tells the world that he needs to replace his players to have a real team, and then expects those same players to go out and preform for him as he tells his players that they don't have the same desire to win as he has.

Deon is a self absorbed narcissistic arse that thinks the world revolves around him, when in reality, the entire team would be better off if he just went away.

Deon would fit right into the Swamp. He is self absorbed and an imbecile, but not a college coach.

Last edited:
Deon attracts good athletes who want to play for Coach Prime. More importantly, their fathers want them to play for Coach Prime.

But they don’t function as a team. They are a bunch of Prima Dona’s more concerned about how they will look on the highlights.
Which describes Deon Sanders to a T.
He is everything that went wrong with professional sports wrapped into one narcissistic package.
Didn't like the guy from get go.
One of his more famous quotes - and so perfectly describes how he sees himself - "They don't pay anybody to be humble, some people come out to see me do well, some people come out to see me get run over. But love me or hate me, they come out to see me."

There is no Deon in team.

Which describes Deon Sanders to a T.
He is everything that went wrong with professional sports wrapped into one narcissistic package.
Didn't like the guy from get go.
One of his more famous quotes - and so perfectly describes how he sees himself - "They don't pay anybody to be humble, some people come out to see me do well, some people come out to see me get run over. But love me or hate me, they come out to see me."

There is no Deon in team.
Maybe college coaches will become like our political leaders in that they are self absorbed imbeciles that we just can't seem to get rid of.

Last edited:
Maybe college coaches will become like our political leaders in that they are horrible, but we just can't get rid of them.
When Bob Knight died 2 weeks ago, an entire era died with him. Team play, fairness, dedication and sacrifice. Yeah... all of that is long gone.
I can't possibly watch the NBA. It is about as real as the WWF.

When Bob Knight died 2 weeks ago, an entire era died with him. Team play, fairness, dedication and sacrifice. Yeah... all of that is long gone.
I can't possibly watch the NBA. It is about as real as the WWF.
You never heard Bobby tear apart his players in the media saying he needed new players

Being a coach is making do with what you have, in addition to trying to make what you have better by investing in these young boys to turn them into men.

Deon, however, cannot turn players into productive men within society because he is not one.

NCAAF rules are changed so that you now have paid mercenaries going wherever they get the biggest payback. It truly is an NFL training ground now. No mention of academics or going to class needed. One and done for a few million.

A “good“ Black coach can get racist Black mothers/fathers to sell/send their kid there and a good team can pop up Quickly.

Deion brought like 90 players from Jackson State. No thought about how that left Jackson st? Or how it affected their lives or classwork in pgss? Or what it did to the 75 existing COL players pushed out? How did the scholarship situation shake out?

i don’t know how all this shakes out? But there is much talk now of bigger teams going for Deion…..like A&M. You

Last edited:
The rules are changed so that you now have paid mercenaries going where they get the biggest payback. It truly is an NFL traing ground now. No mention of academics or going to class needed. One and done for a few million. A good Black coach can get racist Black mothers/fathers to sell/send their kid there and a good team can pop up Quickly. Deion brought like 90 players from Jackson State. No thought about how that left Jackson st? Or how it affected their lives or classwork in pgss? Or what it did to the 75 existing COL players pushed out? How did the scholarship situation shake out?

i don’t know how all this shakes out? But there is big talk now of bigger teams going for Deion…..like A&M.
Other teams going after Deon?

:auiqs.jpg:

Deon could not even make a high school program a winning program let alone at the college level.

Forum List

Back