Remember me?

kancer43

May 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Hey all... I was on here a few months ago... Well since then I changed my MOS to 74D, Chemical Operations specialest.... I went to BCT later than expected... But I finally went to Fort Jackson... but they just sent me home for a while because I was under weight... They said I needed to be 96lbs and I'm currently 89.... So I'm stuck back in PA until I gain...

(that was my avatar last time I was here)

So what's new?

kancer43 said:
Hey all... I was on here a few months ago... Well since then I changed my MOS to 74D, Chemical Operations specialest.... I went to BCT later than expected... But I finally went to Fort Jackson... but they just sent me home for a while because I was under weight... They said I needed to be 96lbs and I'm currently 89.... So I'm stuck back in PA until I gain...

So what's new?

:eek2: A stiff breeze would blow you away....no wonder they sent ya home to fatten up...try beer and pizza...lotsa pasta with meat a balls...chocolate eclairs...lotsa malts..plenty of fries and Burger King whoppers... :beer: :salute:

archangel said:
:eek2: A stiff breeze would blow you away....no wonder they sent ya home to fatten up...try beer and pizza...lotsa pasta with meat a balls...chocolate eclairs...lotsa malts..plenty of fries and Burger King whoppers... :beer: :salute:

I remember you fondly. Now I must hate you! I've just lost 5 lbs and it's a start. :whip:

archangel said:
I've never heard of them sending someone home for being under weight after the enlistment physical before. What's with that?

kancer43 said:

So what's new?
Tried to rep you but I've 'given out to much rep.' Welcome home! :salute:

Mr. P said:
I've never heard of them sending someone home for being under weight after the enlistment physical before. What's with that?

she made it through basic and AIT..they probably sent her home on leave to fatten her up for the good fight! :)

archangel said:
she made it through basic and AIT..they probably sent her home on leave to fatten her up for the good fight! :)
I don't know Arch..she didn't say leave...I don't get it, most in BCT gain weight except the over weight folks..This doesn't make sense.

Mr. P said:
I don't know Arch..she didn't say leave...I don't get it, most in BCT gain weight except the over weight folks..This doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE

that was the old military we are familiar with...they probably thought she would gain weight after basic and ait(BTC) since she told us originally she was 89lbs when she enlisted...It was probably a medical leave reccomended by her commander and Military Doctor...I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one!

archangel said:
Mr. P said:
I don't know Arch..she didn't say leave...I don't get it, most in BCT gain weight except the over weight folks..This doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE

that was the old military we are familiar with...they probably thought she would gain weight after basic and ait(BTC) since she told us originally she was 89lbs when she enlisted...It was probably a medical leave reccomended by her commander and Military Doctor...I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one!
Yea back in our day, you could'nt get in if you were under weight..we'll see. Maybe she can explain more clearly.

Mr. P said:
archangel said:
Yea back in our day, you could'nt get in if you were under weight..we'll see. Maybe she can explain more clearly.
Well damn, my dad thought he would be rejected at 6'1" and 128 lbs. They decided he was poverty and so fattened him up to 135lbs over 2 mths. This of course was in 1942.

kancer43 said:

So what's new?

If you are either 96 or 89 you need to gain
at least 20 pounds.

It is less imperative for people in the prime of life,
such as you, to watch their weight than it is for
old people like me.

Have a breakfast of really greasy bacon, hashbrowns, and eggs
each week or so. A glass of V-8 might also help. Oh yeah- toast too-
jam and buter included.

Milk or yogurt as well- how could I have forgotten?

ok... lol.. thanks for the welcomes all!
lmao Kathianne....
Ok to answer all your questions...

They originally let me in because the nurse at MEPS gave me 6lbs of water and said "you have fifteen minutes before the doctor gets here"... SO I drank it all and then threw it all up after I was weighed... Then when we had to get the little physical where they just weigh you and stuff i nyour undies the day you ship I was 92lbs so I only had to drink a few lbs of water (which again I later thrw up). So off I went... Then I lost weight at BCT from running and all... So they sent me home on leave till I gain... The nurse thought I would gain in BCT like apparently most ppl do... But I lost... Most of the time when they were eating all I wanted to do was go to sleep... lol... So I have to gain... then I go back to Fort Jackson. aka "relaxin jackson"
I'm only 5'1" and I've always been really small... so i thought I was normal weight... apparently not though... This sucks... I hate PA... But atleast I got to get a uniform! :cool: So I'm following everyone's advice (including archangel) and drinking beer (even though I'm not too fond of the taste of it) and eating pizza and a ton of starches... So I have no idea how long I'm going to be home...

kancer43 said:
... So I'm following everyone's advice (including Mr.P) and drinking beer (even though I'm not too fond of the taste of it) and eating pizza and a ton of starches... So I have no idea how long I'm going to be home...
Mr.P never told you to drink beer.
When did you start BCT?

Forum List

Back