Religious people less intelligent than atheists?

O yea imitating what I said, that's especially cleaver. Not being able to think of original insults, that's a special sign of being intelligent.:lol:
I didn't imitate what you said, genius. I corrected your mistakes. :lmao:

Shall I correct the mistakes in this quoted post, too? Funnily enough, even though I showed you the correct spelling of "clever", you misspelled it. Again.

Y'know, when you look in the mirror and tell yourself you're an intelligent person -- you're lying. :lol:

your basic reason for acting so childish in bickering with me is merely becuase I didn't want to make a fool of yourself saying ridiculous things. So intsead of taking your que and trying to figure out how to fake being intelligent you remove all doubt doing some more childish bickering. sorry I've enough of that crap on carm.
You should probably realize that it's utterly impossible for you to make a fool of me. Your writing is juvenile, your spelling is atrocious, and your punctuation is random.

Remind me again...why is it you consider yourself smarter than me? NOTE: "because i just am you poopiehed" is not sufficient.

people keep saying talking about "religious people are stupid." there's nothing in that study that says that. why can't people just learn to speak in a way that accurately reflects the issues? Nothing in the study says religious people are stupid.

Religious peeps believe in invisible superbeings. With no proof whatsoever. And spend their whole life worshipping their invisible friend. I'd say that that's "stupid", wouldn't you?

Only to ignorant people who don't understand the concept of faith.

people keep saying talking about "religious people are stupid." there's nothing in that study that says that. why can't people just learn to speak in a way that accurately reflects the issues? Nothing in the study says religious people are stupid.

Religious peeps believe in invisible superbeings. With no proof whatsoever. And spend their whole life worshipping their invisible friend. I'd say that that's "stupid", wouldn't you?

Ok, so I DO understand the concept of faith and STILL think it's stupid beyond belief. Now what?

Ok, so I DO understand the concept of faith and STILL think it's stupid beyond belief. Now what?
Ahhh. So your definition of "stupid" is "stuff I don't like".

Whatever floats your boat, Skippy.

Not what I said now, is it? I think it's totally dumb to live your life worshipping an invisible being that you don't even know exists.

I think that's very rude to infer that Obama is not intelligent just because he's a Christian.
I understand your inference, but Obama is clearly not a Christian; he does not believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation, and he endorses homosexuality - even gay marriage which is an impossibility as marriage is made in Heaven, and homosexuality is an Obamanation. It is not what you say; it is what you do that defines you.

Obama claimed to be a Christian for votes!

That's BS. that's what right wingers who have reduced Christianity to politics think. Christianity is not republican politics. Jesus never said "they will say to me Lord lord I voted republican and supported tax cuts. I will say I was seeking your vote and you voted democrat. I was asking for reduction in government spending and you voted or health care reform, ect ect."

no verse says "no other party given under haven by which we can be saved but the GOP."

Obama is obviously intelligent and it is well known he's a Christian. he says he is, and his Christian attitudes strike me as high on the discernment meter.

That really made no sense! Who said God only supports republicans? Duped said that Obama lied about being Christian hoping to get more votes. I know Christians that DID vote for him just for that reason! They were fools and were lied to.

Obama has proven over and over he's no Christian. A true Christian would NEVER support gay marriage or abortion. They would not have crosses covered up during speeches to not offen other religions (namely Islam!). You have no idea what a Christian is, or should be.

Most Mensa members are religious.
Humph. When I was younger, I was (briefly) a member of Mensa. Most of the people I met there were good at mathematics and solving logical puzzles, but their emotional and social intelligence was merely average, or even sub-normal. They were as bereft of broad culture as any other zombie Americans, let alone possessing a thoughtful philosophical foundation for their mental life.

It does not surprise me that many suffer from the mental disease of religious belief, though I suspect the "most" in your statement could only arise from hanky-panky in the polling.

Last edited:

If you actually understood the concept of faith you wouldn't say that.

Not what I said now, is it? I think it's totally dumb to live your life worshipping an invisible being that you don't even know exists.

Who said God is invisible? How do you know what other people know?

I find it extremely arrogant that people who claim to know what other people know in order to claim they are smarter than others. Unless you are omniscient, or telepathic, you cannot know that, so stop pretending you do. Believe it or not, that does not make them stupid.

Most Mensa members are religious.
Humph. When I was younger, I was (briefly) a member of Mensa. Most of the people I met there were good at mathematics and solving logical puzzles, but their emotional and social intelligence was merely average, or even sub-normal. They were as bereft of broad culture as any other zombie Americans, let alone possessing a thoughtful philosophical foundation for their mental life.

It does not surprise me that many suffer from the mental disease of religious belief, though I suspect the "most" in your statement could only arise from hanky-panky in the polling.

I never thought I would meet anyone who was too snobby for Mensa.

I find it extremely arrogant that people who claim to know what other people know in order to claim they are smarter than others. Unless you are omniscient, or telepathic, you cannot know that, so stop pretending you do. Believe it or not, that does not make them stupid.

Have you seen God?

Most ignorant people go on only faith. Just sayin.

There is ZERO proof for the invisible being. Get over it. It IS stupid to believe in invisible beings.

Have you seen God?

i haven't seen China either, does that make it invisible?

Have you seen God?

The question should have been "has anyone seen God?" You might not have seen China but we can prove that it exists. There is no credible evidence to prove the existence of any god.

Have you seen God?

No, because there is actual proof it exists.

Last edited:
Religious People Are Less Intelligent Than Atheists, Concludes New Study

A review of 63 scientific studies dating back to 1928 has concluded that religious people are less intelligent than non-believers.

Only 10 of the 63 studies showed a positive correlation between intelligence and religiosity.

The paper, entitled The Relation Between Intelligence and Religiosity: A Meta-Analysis and Some Proposed Explanations, was led by Professor Miron Zuckerman of the University of Rochester, and was published in the academic journal Personality and Social Psychology Review on 6 August. ...

... Zuckerman’s team studied decades worth of analysis, noting many atheism and intellect studies “share one central theme – the premise that religious beliefs are irrational, not anchored in science, not testable, and therefore unappealing to intelligent people who ‘know better’.”

...Religiosity is defined as involvement in some (or all) facets of religion, which includes belief in the supernatural, offering gifts to this supernatural, and performing rituals affirming their beliefs.

Before you use the lame excuse that it was published in HuffPo (as opposed to dredge, blaze, etc), note that it was first published in Sage:

Sign In

“Intelligent people typically spend more time in school—a form of self-regulation that may yield long-term benefits… More intelligent people get higher level jobs [which] may lead to higher self-esteem, and encourage personal control beliefs… more intelligent people are more likely to get and stay married… though for intelligent people, that too comes later in life. We therefore suggest that as intelligent people move from young adulthood to adulthood and then to middle age, the benefits of intelligence may continue to accrue.”

Whatever, it still seems a little too pat, too easy.

But, well worth reading the entire article.

You are one stupid bitch.

Forum List

Back