Religious people less intelligent than atheists?

Have you seen God?

i haven't seen China either, does that make it invisible?

No, because there is actual proof it exists.

While that's a fair point, lack of proof doesn't serve as justification to say something definitely doesn't exist. For a very long time, no proof of dark matter could be found. It still existed, just as it does now. String theory is still unproven. Dimensions beyond the third are still unproven.

Ok, so I DO understand the concept of faith and STILL think it's stupid beyond belief. Now what?
Ahhh. So your definition of "stupid" is "stuff I don't like".

Whatever floats your boat, Skippy.

Not what I said now, is it? I think it's totally dumb to live your life worshipping an invisible being that you don't even know exists.

I thought you said you understand faith?

Doesn't look like.

I KNOW God exists.

Now stamp your feet and tell me I don't. :lol:

Not what I said now, is it? I think it's totally dumb to live your life worshipping an invisible being that you don't even know exists.

Who said God is invisible? How do you know what other people know?

I find it extremely arrogant that people who claim to know what other people know in order to claim they are smarter than others. Unless you are omniscient, or telepathic, you cannot know that, so stop pretending you do. Believe it or not, that does not make them stupid.

Have you seen God?

Have you seen the wind?:eusa_whistle:

I thought you said you understand faith?
Doesn't look like.
I KNOW God exists.
Now stamp your feet and tell me I don't. :lol:

Ok, so what's your basis for this claim, anything?

Ok, so I DO understand the concept of faith and STILL think it's stupid beyond belief. Now what?

Just because you don't know God exists doesn't mean the rest of us are ignorant of that knowledge.

The Lord can and does reveal Himself to those who humble themselves and seek Him. I know this because the Holy Spirit has revealed it to me.

I know you don't want to do the work necessary to find out for yourself. There is nothing to be afraid of though. Yes, you will need to change things in your life. But those changes will bring you greater happiness.

Have you seen God?

The question should have been "has anyone seen God?" You might not have seen China but we can prove that it exists. There is no credible evidence to prove the existence of any god.

The answer is yes. Many have seen God. Many more have heard His voice.

I haven't seen China. The fact that others have doesn't give me any direct knowledge that it exists. I have to rely on faith that china exists. The only way for me to know for myself would be to actually go to where I was told China is.

Man can know God exists if they are willing to follow the instructions given on how to find Him. But the problem is none of you are humble enough to do so. You want someone else to do the work with no effort on your own part.

Humble yourself. Study the scriptures. Test the word by applying them to your life. Pray to the Father and He will reveal the truth to you. Have faith that if there is a God, that He can reveal Himself and the time will come when He will reveal Himself to you. And you will know He lives just as well as if you had touched the wounds in His hands, wrists, or feet for yourself.

Just because you don't know God exists doesn't mean the rest of us are ignorant of that knowledge.

The Lord can and does reveal Himself to those who humble themselves and seek Him. I know this because the Holy Spirit has revealed it to me.

I know you don't want to do the work necessary to find out for yourself. There is nothing to be afraid of though. Yes, you will need to change things in your life. But those changes will bring you greater happiness.
What makes you think that I am not already happy and want to be happier? You look in a mirror much?

If you have proof of your close encounter, I'm all ears.

What makes you think that I am not already happy and want to be happier? You look in a mirror much?

Because you are bitterly attacking people on a messageboard.

No, because there is actual proof it exists.

i can settle that specific problem.

i have seen china.

And the Lord has revealed Himself to me.

By your logic, you should believe in the Lord

And the Lord has revealed Himself to me ... i have seen china

the Christian is wrong - JC left nothing of a physical nature to be observed for future posterity ... for whatever the reason for the discrepancy, probably Christian denial of JC before the Crucifixion - the "Christians" can not associate a physical presence for their beliefs and should not try to.

or their loss of the Ten Commandments might also be the reason for their Confusion.

Last edited:

How did he reveal himself to you? Did you hear him? What did he say? What did he sound like? Did he speak grammatically correct english? Did he have an accent? Did his voice echo? Did others hear him at the same time or were the voices in your head? Did you see him? What does he look like? Was he semi translucent or opaque? Was he your size or much larger? What was he wearing? Were you taking any hallucingenics? Were you taking any prescription drugs?

Most religious people would claim to be humbled and seek him yet they have never witnessed a revealing.

Last edited:
Religious People Are Less Intelligent Than Atheists, Concludes New Study

A review of 63 scientific studies dating back to 1928 has concluded that religious people are less intelligent than non-believers.

Only 10 of the 63 studies showed a positive correlation between intelligence and religiosity.

The paper, entitled The Relation Between Intelligence and Religiosity: A Meta-Analysis and Some Proposed Explanations, was led by Professor Miron Zuckerman of the University of Rochester, and was published in the academic journal Personality and Social Psychology Review on 6 August. ...

... Zuckerman’s team studied decades worth of analysis, noting many atheism and intellect studies “share one central theme – the premise that religious beliefs are irrational, not anchored in science, not testable, and therefore unappealing to intelligent people who ‘know better’.”

...Religiosity is defined as involvement in some (or all) facets of religion, which includes belief in the supernatural, offering gifts to this supernatural, and performing rituals affirming their beliefs.

Before you use the lame excuse that it was published in HuffPo (as opposed to dredge, blaze, etc), note that it was first published in Sage:

Sign In

“Intelligent people typically spend more time in school—a form of self-regulation that may yield long-term benefits… More intelligent people get higher level jobs [which] may lead to higher self-esteem, and encourage personal control beliefs… more intelligent people are more likely to get and stay married… though for intelligent people, that too comes later in life. We therefore suggest that as intelligent people move from young adulthood to adulthood and then to middle age, the benefits of intelligence may continue to accrue.”

Whatever, it still seems a little too pat, too easy.

But, well worth reading the entire article.

Wow, Newton was an idiot....who knew......

Because you are bitterly attacking people on a messageboard.
I'm not bitter about anything, now about your proof of your close encounter please? Details? What did he say?...

Interesting. I would like to point out exactly how asinine this assertion is though. It is a known fact that blacks have a lower IQ than whites. Asians are higher than both.
Race and intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are we then to assume that blacks are dumber than whites who are dumber than Asians? I for one am not going to make that monumentally bigoted assertion. Apparently those here that think the same with religious individuals can’t see their own bigotry no matter how stark it is.

I don’t know why the tests turn out the way they do and quite frankly I don’t care. You see, I am going to judge people as individuals rather than parsed out groups as grouping people will ALWAYS lead to asinine assertions like the OP’s cited ‘study.’ I could test people with dogs and with cats and I can guarantee that one group is going to test lower than the other. Will it mean anything? Nope. Nor does this.

The question should have been "has anyone seen God?" You might not have seen China but we can prove that it exists. There is no credible evidence to prove the existence of any god.
The answer to that question would be yes.
Personal Anecdote does not constitute proof.

Scientific proof must be accessible to all observers -- and repeatable.

The answer to that question would be yes.
Personal Anecdote does not constitute proof.

Scientific proof must be accessible to all observers -- and repeatable.

It is repeatable. It requires you to humble yourself and seek the Lord. If you refuse to do that, then why would you ever expect to have your own experience with the Lord?

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given to him. But ask in faith, nothing waivering."

Experiment on the Word my friend. Do His will and you will know if the doctrine comes from the Father or from man.

Forum List

Back