Religious Bashing--What it is and isn't.

Christianity I believe serves a good purpose. If you cut away alot of the fluff the message is sound and positive. It wouldn't hurt for society to try and live up to some of these ideals. Nor would it hurt to take the good from all the religions because they all preach peace and love of your fellow man... wether you want to believe it or not.

The message of Jesus to love thy neighbor wouldn't hurt society one bit

Organized religion, on the other hand, is not always so benign.

Agreed. However sometimes organized religion isn't the real problem either, because it does have many social programs that are tremendous. I believe it is the political enthusiasts, who are religious, found out long ago how much power they had by supporting politicians.

The Catholic Church in Ireland, had a social program called the Magdalene Laundries. They imprisoned young women as slaves to wash laundry by hand for 14 hours a day.

She keeps dodging that one, eh.

I'm not dodging it at all. I have no problem with a Christian teacher wearing a cross to work or praying before meals, as long as she doesn't coerce anyone else to do so.

I would appreciate it, if you would give me time to respond, before assuming I am being dishonest in some way.

Still nursing a grudge?
:lol: Well, that staying away from playing the willful victim didn't last long (maybe the meds wore off?)

See, the way I view it, if you want to be a victim so much, I can help you out.

Now, tell us all that you are ignoring me again.

:lmao:

Hahaha. That was quite the leap and deflection. I take it you still feel a lingering grudge that I once put you on ignore.

Poor dear.

I'm not dodging it at all. I have no problem with a Christian teacher wearing a cross to work or praying before meals, as long as she doesn't coerce anyone else to do so.

I would appreciate it, if you would give me time to respond, before assuming I am being dishonest in some way.

Still nursing a grudge?
:lol: Well, that staying away from playing the willful victim didn't last long (maybe the meds wore off?)

Hahaha. That was quite the leap and deflection. I take it you still feel a lingering grudge that I once put you on ignore.

Poor dear.
ONCE?

No, I laugh at how many times you've announced to us all that you have put me (or some other poster who calls out your willful victimhood) on ignore and within less than a day, you've replied.

Shall we talk about how many threads you've also started announcing your departure from here because someone was soooooo mean to you?

OMG, TFF.

C'mon...tell everyone how you'll ignore me. Or, better yet...announce you're leaving USMB. Those are even better for a belly laugh.

Poor dear.
ONCE?

No, I laugh at how many times you've announced to us all that you have put me (or some other poster who calls out your willful victimhood) on ignore and within less than a day, you've replied.

Shall we talk about how many threads you've also started announcing your departure from here because someone was soooooo mean to you?

OMG, TFF.

C'mon...tell everyone how you'll ignore me. Or, better yet...announce you're leaving USMB. Those are even better for a belly laugh.

I see it as a sign or courtesy to tell someone when I've put them on ignore. I put people on ignore temporarily.

I've left USMB a number of times for months at a time, and I've said goodbye before I've left.

So what? Again. I do that as a courtesy.

If I plan to put you on ignore or leave, I'll let you know.

Last edited:
You try to ridicule others, Sky. You're just so sick yourself you can't succeed at it.

Got your number, don't I?
Really? Could you articulate it?

Or, play the victim again. We enjoy ridiculing you for it.

(Actually, at this point I'm putting more weight to the theory that you are just dense. Stunningly so.)

Interesting. You ENJOY ridiculing others. That's one way we're different. I don't.
Actually, I will be even MORE direct: I ridicule willful victims and the stupid.

Those who are both get a double dose.

I hope that is clear enough for you.

I much prefer direct than passive-aggression as the latter is inherently cowardly. Oh, and yes, that is directed at you.

I've gotten the impression from a couple of posters, that they consider any criticism of the institutions of Christianity to be religious bashing. That doesn't make sense to me.

For example, is it bashing to say the Roman Catholic Church is wrong for harboring pedophile priests? Is it bashing to say the Magdalene Homes in Ireland, Catholic institutional imprisonment and slavery of young women and girls is wrong? Is it bashing of the Pope to say that he is wrong for saying that ordaining women as priests is as harmful to the Church and as deep a sin as priests who are pedophiles?

Your thoughts?

Is it EVER ok to criticise the institutions of religion without it being considered "bashing"?

IMO, there is a difference between criticism and bashing. I consider what Scott Lively did, in writing a book, The Pink Swastika, that claims gays caused the Holocaust to be gay bashing. The difference is Lively is not telling the truth.
I have no problem with bashing a religion.....Islam is a vile,violent,filthy,hateful cult for violent people with low IQ's :clap2::clap2::clap2: are there any liberals that agree with that statement???:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Really? Could you articulate it?

Or, play the victim again. We enjoy ridiculing you for it.

(Actually, at this point I'm putting more weight to the theory that you are just dense. Stunningly so.)

Interesting. You ENJOY ridiculing others. That's one way we're different. I don't.
Actually, I will be even MORE direct: I ridicule willful victims and the stupid.

I much prefer direct than passive-aggression as the latter is inherently cowardly. Oh, and yes, that is directed at you.

Well darlin',

You've failed. You're trying to hurt me and it isn't working.

I feel sorry for you. You enjoy ridicule. That's sad.

What a waste of human energy.

There you go thinking you can read people's minds again, Sky.

Why don't you just respond to the words that are said, instead of working with all your imaginings?

Of course you do.

So how do you feel about Christians serving openly as Christians? In the military, in politics, in other professions (including education)?

I have no problem with Christians serving openly in the military or anywhere else.

Should a Christian teacher be allowed to teach Christianity in public schools? NO.
So, if there is a class that teaches about major religions of the world, a Christian can't teach it?

No, dear. You misunderstand. IF the liberals generously allow children to be taught about major religions of the world AT ALL (and certainly, it's crazy to think anyone in the modern-day world could possibly NEED to know about such a thing), Christianity should not be included at all, lest someone mistakenly think it a good idea to investigate it further or even ::gasp!:: participate in it.

As long as all you're teaching is something harmless, like praying to Allah or planning a jihad, it's perfectly all right to allow Christians to teach it. We wouldn't want anyone thinking we're unfair, now, would we?

You try to ridicule others, Sky. You're just so sick yourself you can't succeed at it.

I am well enough to stop doing something that is ugly. I'm sorry you cannot discuss a topic with me without resorting to ugliness.

That's sad. What would Jesus think?

xtianity is a hateful religion and is simply racketeering. From brain washing to pedophilia.

And you all realize that this does not constitute "bashing" in Sky's eyes, but merely a calm, reasoned expression of personal opinion.

Say it about Buddhism, or Islam, or any other religion, however, and it's practically a hate crime.

Well darlin',

You've failed. You're trying to hurt me and it isn't working.

I feel sorry for you. You enjoy ridicule. That's sad.

What a waste of human energy.
Where did I say I enjoy ridicule?

No where.

But, you somehow read that.

You are crazy as are all who hallucinate.

Where did I say I am trying to hurt you?

No where.

But, somehow your read that.

You are crazy as are all who hallucinate.

And, your hypocrisy with your last line is noted. ;)

Christianity I believe serves a good purpose. If you cut away alot of the fluff the message is sound and positive. It wouldn't hurt for society to try and live up to some of these ideals. Nor would it hurt to take the good from all the religions because they all preach peace and love of your fellow man... wether you want to believe it or not.

Raise your hand if you think Spectrum has Clue One about what the primary, central message of Christianity is, and what constitutes "fluff". Raise your middle finger if you think Spectrum is, yet again, talking out of his anus. :fu:

I have no problem with Christians serving openly in the military or anywhere else.

Should a Christian teacher be allowed to teach Christianity in public schools? NO.
So, if there is a class that teaches about major religions of the world, a Christian can't teach it?

No, dear. You misunderstand. IF the liberals generously allow children to be taught about major religions of the world AT ALL (and certainly, it's crazy to think anyone in the modern-day world could possibly NEED to know about such a thing), Christianity should not be included at all, lest someone mistakenly think it a good idea to investigate it further or even ::gasp!:: participate in it.

As long as all you're teaching is something harmless, like praying to Allah or planning a jihad, it's perfectly all right to allow Christians to teach it. We wouldn't want anyone thinking we're unfair, now, would we?

What are you talking about?

Allie asked me if I would object to a Christian teacher praying at lunchtime and wearing a cross.

I said no, as long as she didn't make other people wear crosses or pray with her.

I would have no objection to a Christian teaching about world religions, as long as he or she didn't tell students that Christianity is the one, true path.

It amazing how you make things up. It truly borders on outright lying.

The message of Jesus to love thy neighbor wouldn't hurt society one bit

Organized religion, on the other hand, is not always so benign.

Organized atheism NEVER is. Funny how that works.

Forum List

Back