Religious Bashing--What it is and isn't.

And that is tyranny...it's the same thing Bloody Mary advocated. All people had to do was hide their religion, and they'd be *safe*.

But Christians don't do that.

Actually, some Christians hide their identity, per Ralph Reed instructions on "stealth candidacy".

He advises Christians to not broadcast their narrow beliefs until AFTER they are elected.

Lol...faster than I could type "stand by for irrelevant obfuscation".

You're so predictable.

Of course you do.

So how do you feel about Christians serving openly as Christians? In the military, in politics, in other professions (including education)?

I have no problem with Christians serving openly in the military or anywhere else.

Should a Christian teacher be allowed to teach Christianity in public schools? NO.

Lol...faster than I could type "stand by for irrelevant obfuscation".

You're so predictable.

I'm predictable?

You're the one who asked me direct questions, and I've answered them honestly. You don't accept my answers.

That's predictable.

My answers are irrelevant to you, because they don't match your bias toward me.

Of course you do.

So how do you feel about Christians serving openly as Christians? In the military, in politics, in other professions (including education)?

I have no problem with Christians serving openly in the military or anywhere else.

Should a Christian teacher be allowed to teach Christianity in public schools? NO.

So only non-Christians should teach Christianity?

Wha?????

Do we teach Christianity in our public schools?

Of course you do.

So, if there is a class that teaches about major religions of the world, a Christian can't teach it?

She's trying to find a way to word her belief that Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach.

Or if they do, they can only do it if they refuse to acknowledge their faith.

But I have to applaud Sky at this point...I think this is the longest I've ever seen her post without sinking into victimhood. While she's still carrying on carrying on with the rest of her standard fare, I am glad we aren't having to deal with the whole martyr thing.

She's trying to find a way to word her belief that Christians shouldn't be allowed to teach.

But I have to applaud Sky at this point...I think this is the longest I've ever seen her post without sinking into victimhood. While she's still carrying on carrying on with the rest of her standard fare, I am glad we aren't having to deal with the whole martyr thing.
You noticed that, too?

Yes, brava Sky.

Seriously, that is a good thing.

I've worked with many teachers in the public school who are Christians. Their values inform their service to others. I have NO problem with any of them. We're good friends.

They know the difference between being open as Christians and teaching Sunday school in public schools. They don't do that.

It sounds like YOU think they should be able to.

The one who is sounding like a martyr is you. You think that not allowing Christians to teach their religion in public school classrooms constitutes Christians being somehow "thrown to the lions".

It sounds like YOU have a problem with "separation of Church and state". Perhaps, you think ALL public schools should be Christian.

Last edited:
You're a fucking idiot. Have I said that recently?

Again, you're going on what you think people THINK.

Quit trying to read minds and punish people for their thoughts, Sky. You'll never be taken seriously otherwise.

I'm trying to pin you down on this, and I don't think you're smart enough to hide your true beliefs...do you think that openly Christian people should be allowed to teach?

I don't mean any of the things you are pretending I mean...I'm not asking if Chrsitians should be able to recruit in the schools, or interject their faith into their teaching blatantly (I have to teach you such and such, but what I believe is...blah blah blah...)

I mean, do you think a person who spends weekends going door to door handing out JW pamphlets, or is a Sunday School teacher, or who preaches on the street corner every night at dinner time...should that person be allowed to teach in a public school?

And do you think a person who wears a cross around her neck, and who openly prays at meal times, should be allowed to teach?

Christianity I believe serves a good purpose. If you cut away alot of the fluff the message is sound and positive. It wouldn't hurt for society to try and live up to some of these ideals. Nor would it hurt to take the good from all the religions because they all preach peace and love of your fellow man... wether you want to believe it or not.

Christianity I believe serves a good purpose. If you cut away alot of the fluff the message is sound and positive. It wouldn't hurt for society to try and live up to some of these ideals. Nor would it hurt to take the good from all the religions because they all preach peace and love of your fellow man... wether you want to believe it or not.

The message of Jesus to love thy neighbor wouldn't hurt society one bit

Organized religion, on the other hand, is not always so benign.

And do you think a person who wears a cross around her neck, and who openly prays at meal times, should be allowed to teach?

Why not? If she is forcing others to pray with her, or making others wear crosses, she should be fired.

She keeps dodging that one, eh.

I'm not dodging it at all. I have no problem with a Christian teacher wearing a cross to work or praying before meals, as long as she doesn't coerce anyone else to do so.

I would appreciate it, if you would give me time to respond, before assuming I am being dishonest in some way.

Still nursing a grudge?

She keeps dodging that one, eh.

I'm not dodging it at all. I have no problem with a Christian teacher wearing a cross to work or praying before meals, as long as she doesn't coerce anyone else to do so.

I would appreciate it, if you would give me time to respond, before assuming I am being dishonest in some way.

Still nursing a grudge?
:lol: Well, that staying away from playing the willful victim didn't last long (maybe the meds wore off?)

See, the way I view it, if you want to be a victim so much, I can help you out.

Now, tell us all that you are ignoring me again.

:lmao:

The message of Jesus to love thy neighbor wouldn't hurt society one bit

Organized religion, on the other hand, is not always so benign.

Agreed. However sometimes organized religion isn't the real problem either, because it does have many social programs that are tremendous. I believe it is the political enthusiasts, who are religious, found out long ago how much power they had by supporting politicians.

Forum List

Back