Religion should have freedom from contraception but no mosque in NY lol

ducks102

Feb 9, 2012
This illustrates most of republicans are bigots and a huge walking contradiction. They only want what is appealing to them or what they like. I just don't understand how people can go to a political event and only see one race.

This illustrates most of republicans are bigots and a huge walking contradiction. They only want what is appealing to them or what they like. I just don't understand how people can go to a political event and only see one race.

Lets review.

What were the terrorists who bombed the towers? And what is the tradition of islam of building a church on top of conquered ground?

Bullshit OP, just like the Bullshit Thread Title.

There are almost a million Muslims in New York City. (Some sources claim 1.4 million; the New York City Community Affairs Bureau states the figure as 800 000.) There are more than 100 mosques in the city, plus an unknown number of small mosques that worshipers set up in their apartments or places that are not visible from the street.

http://didyouknow.org/number-of-churches-and-mosques-in-new-york-city/

wow..
I'd say it's UP to the people who live in New York..
what ever the hell that has to do with Republicans supposedly being bigots and huge walking contradictions...

jeeeze..:cuckoo:

Lets review.

What were the terrorists who bombed the towers? And what is the tradition of islam of building a church on top of conquered ground?

So the Muslims conquered NYC?
wow that happened under a republican controlled government.

It was about where they wanted the mosque.
Not no mosque.
location shouldnt matter, it religion is truly protected in this country they could have technically built one at the World Trade site

So you can Worship in Your Victory Mosque? Conquest Mosque? :eusa_whistle: Who are you to decree what matters and what doesn't? How about contributing to The Catholic Church in Mecca Fund?

wow..
what ever the hell that has to do with Republicans supposedly being bigots and huge walking contradictions...

your missing the point. if religion is truly protected, they should be free to build anywhere they want. it may be considered insensitive, but we have to treat all religion exactly the same. even if you disagree with its teaching. otherwise its extremely hypocritical.

Lets review.

Islam builds churches?

It was about where they wanted the mosque.
Not no mosque.
location shouldnt matter, it religion is truly protected in this country they could have technically built one at the World Trade site

So you can Worship in Your Victory Mosque? Conquest Mosque? :eusa_whistle: Who are you to decree what matters and what doesn't? How about contributing to The Catholic Church in Mecca Fund?
my opinion on this is very clear. if religion is truly to be protected in the united states, then every religion must be treated the exact same. thus meaning it is legal to build a mosque on private property anywhere in the country. you can not pick and choose which religions get special treatment and which dont. if the state can dictate where a specific religious institution builds, then the can dictate what all religious institutions build. so if the catholic church tried to build a facility near ground zero, the government could set in a deny them that privilege.

i never said it wouldnt be insensitive for a mosque near ground zero, but its not illegal.

wow..

your missing the point. if religion is truly protected, they should be free to build anywhere they want. it may be considered insensitive, but we have to treat all religion exactly the same. even if you disagree with its teaching. otherwise its extremely hypocritical.

They are free to build anywhere they like...As long as the people living there also don't object..
so what is your point?
you make NO SENSE...this isn't the same as the GOVERNMENT trying to MANDATE that religion do something..

Last edited:

my opinion on this is very clear. if religion is truly to be protected in the united states, then every religion must be treated the exact same. thus meaning it is legal to build a mosque on private property anywhere in the country. you can not pick and choose which religions get special treatment and which dont. if the state can dictate where a specific religious institution builds, then the can dictate what all religious institutions build. so if the catholic church tried to build a facility near ground zero, the government could set in a deny them that privilege.

i never said it wouldnt be insensitive for a mosque near ground zero, but its not illegal.

This Catholic has always supported the right of Muslims to build their NY Mosque. I do question the wisdom of such a blatantly disrespectful thing... and I pity Muslims for being so ignorant and disrespectful towards others... but they absolutely have the right to build it.

wow..

They are free to build anywhere they like...As long as the people living there also don't object..
so what is your point?
you make NO SENSE...this isn't the same as the GOVERNMENT trying to MANDATE that religion do something..
the people have the right to object. but it does not give the state the right to deny them ability to still actually build. read my posts again, i have already stated that it may be insensitive for them to build one there, but it if definitely not illegal and no laws should be passed to deny them that right.

This Catholic has always supported the right of Muslims to build their NY Mosque. I do question the wisdom of such a blatantly disrespectful thing... and I pity Muslims for being so ignorant and disrespectful towards others... but they absolutely have the right to build it.
would you support the catholic church building a church on what would be considered muslim holy ground?
its a hypothetical question....

Forum List

Back