Religion should have freedom from contraception but no mosque in NY lol

It was about where they wanted the mosque.
Not no mosque.
location shouldnt matter, it religion is truly protected in this country they could have technically built one at the World Trade site

I didn't care if they built their mosque there, it was extremely insensitive of them to do so, considering the past events. It was an in your face move, pure and simple, especially since they had and then were given other options.

my opinion on this is very clear. if religion is truly to be protected in the united states, then every religion must be treated the exact same. thus meaning it is legal to build a mosque on private property anywhere in the country. you can not pick and choose which religions get special treatment and which dont. if the state can dictate where a specific religious institution builds, then the can dictate what all religious institutions build. so if the catholic church tried to build a facility near ground zero, the government could set in a deny them that privilege.

i never said it wouldnt be insensitive for a mosque near ground zero, but its not illegal.

This Catholic has always supported the right of Muslims to build their NY Mosque. I do question the wisdom of such a blatantly disrespectful thing... and I pity Muslims for being so ignorant and disrespectful towards others... but they absolutely have the right to build it.
would you support the catholic church building a church on what would be considered muslim holy ground?
its a hypothetical question....

I wouldn't but I doubt that scenario would come up, however I could be wrong.

This illustrates most of republicans are bigots and a huge walking contradiction. They only want what is appealing to them or what they like. I just don't understand how people can go to a political event and only see one race.

wow..
I'd say it's UP to the people who live in New York..
what ever the hell that has to do with Republicans supposedly being bigots and huge walking contradictions...

jeeeze..:cuckoo:

The people living in New York have no right to take away somebody's property right.

This illustrates most of republicans are bigots and a huge walking contradiction. They only want what is appealing to them or what they like. I just don't understand how people can go to a political event and only see one race.

wow..
what ever the hell that has to do with Republicans supposedly being bigots and huge walking contradictions...

The people living in New York have no right to take away somebody's property right.

well fine, I hope you think that way when someone wants to build a whorehouse next to your place.:lol:

wow..

well fine, I hope you think that way when someone wants to build a whorehouse next to your place.:lol:
there are zoning laws that prohibit such a thing as commercial building in a neighborhood or a factory next to a school already.

wow..

I live in Ohio. Whorehouses are illegal.

Exposing partisan hypocrisy is always fun :).

But it goes both ways, you either support religious freedom or you don't.

So if you're against the mosque or against churches being able to control the sale of birth control, you don't support religious freedom.

The hypocrisy goes both ways, as it always does with both parties.

Last edited:
location shouldnt matter, it religion is truly protected in this country they could have technically built one at the World Trade site

So you can Worship in Your Victory Mosque? Conquest Mosque? :eusa_whistle: Who are you to decree what matters and what doesn't? How about contributing to The Catholic Church in Mecca Fund?
my opinion on this is very clear. if religion is truly to be protected in the united states, then every religion must be treated the exact same. thus meaning it is legal to build a mosque on private property anywhere in the country. you can not pick and choose which religions get special treatment and which dont. if the state can dictate where a specific religious institution builds, then the can dictate what all religious institutions build. so if the catholic church tried to build a facility near ground zero, the government could set in a deny them that privilege.

i never said it wouldnt be insensitive for a mosque near ground zero, but its not illegal.

thus meaning it is legal to build a mosque on private property anywhere in the country

There are local zoning requirements that apply to all religions in America.
Even the primitive, murderous religions.

Just because 10 percent of people in the Muslim are crazy they get insensitive over mosque. Should black people get insensitive if with a white Christian church gets built by them because of the kkk. Lol

So you can Worship in Your Victory Mosque? Conquest Mosque? :eusa_whistle: Who are you to decree what matters and what doesn't? How about contributing to The Catholic Church in Mecca Fund?

thus meaning it is legal to build a mosque on private property anywhere in the country

There are local zoning requirements that apply to all religions in America.
Even the primitive, murderous religions.
very true and i mentioned zoning laws in my previous post. zoning laws apply to all business not just churches and i should have been clearer on this. just as you cant build a factory next to a school and such.

Just because 10 percent of people in the Muslim are crazy they get insensitive over mosque. Should black people get insensitive if with a white Christian church gets built by them because of the kkk. Lol

If the church was being built near a site where white Christians murdered 3000 blacks, then yes, you asshole.

some idiots can't understand that there is a WAR going on....

and all is not fair in war.....or do you bleeding heart idiots think the Nazis should have been able to build a Nazi center here in the U.S. too?....in order to create "understanding" between peoples....because they owned the land and had "free speech rights" and/or "property rights"......? :cuckoo:

Lets review.

What were the terrorists who bombed the towers? And what is the tradition of islam of building a church on top of conquered ground?
Do ya mean like the Islamic prayer room in the PENTAGON? The OP is right. Contradictions and willful ignorance. That's the hallmark of the modern Social Conservative/Christian Fundamentalist.

Lets review.

What were the terrorists who bombed the towers? And what is the tradition of islam of building a church on top of conquered ground?
Do ya mean like the Islamic prayer room in the PENTAGON? The OP is right. Contradictions and willful ignorance. That's the hallmark of the modern Social Conservative/Christian Fundamentalist.
and the problem with this is? is there a chapel in the pentagon as well?

If the church was being built near a site where white Christians murdered 3000 blacks, then yes, you asshole.

Thousands of blacks have been murdered everywhere by the white kkk people, so you can pick any place in the US.

Thousands of blacks have been murdered everywhere by the white kkk people, so you can pick any place in the US.

Really? Thousands? Everywhere?

Your post illustrates a classic strawman.

I don't believe the State should invade a Church and force them to violate their faith.

I also strongly believe the NY Mega-Mosque of Doooooooooom should be permitted to be built and those that oppose it are grossly exaggerating its size and purpose. The mosque part of the building was one room. It was very much like a YMCA.

Call it a YMMA. :lol:

Last edited:

Lets review.

and the problem with this is? is there a chapel in the pentagon as well?
The only problem is one of comprehension. There is an Islamic prayer room inside the Pentagon (a building attacked on September 11) and yet a mosque a few blocks from Ground Zero in lower Manhattan is an attempt to build a mosque on conquered ground. The 'conquered ground' argument then loses all credibility.

Forum List

Back