religion is just brainwashing

I'd be perfectly content if you religion-haters would grow the fuck up and discuss something real

Now that's just funny right there.:coffee:

Did you intend that?

Did I intend to suggest that your endless hatred of and attacks on religion are stupid and should be supplanted with meaningful activity? Yeah, that was completely deliberate.

I'd be perfectly content if you religion-haters would grow the fuck up and discuss something real

Did you intend that?

Did I intend to suggest that your endless hatred of and attacks on religion are stupid and should be supplanted with meaningful activity? Yeah, that was completely deliberate.

Okay, but you didn't intend the double entendre. Gotcha. That's too bad, it was a lot more funny and interesting with the double entendre included.

Did you intend that?

Okay, but you didn't intend the double entendre. Gotcha. That's too bad, it was a lot more funny and interesting with the double entendre included.

You're babbling. If you can't come up with a real topic, at least stick to the ridiculous one you introduced.

Did you intend that?

You're babbling. If you can't come up with a real topic, at least stick to the ridiculous one you introduced.

Uh... what? I didn't start the thread. But, okay.

Making kids religious is a form of child abuse.

Science is the new religion,that is , belief system, and it has it's dogmas as well, and iconoclasts like Einstein broke though the old Newtonian "laws" and we have to battle through those make breakthroughs, there isn't any stopping the human mind.

Science is the new religion,that is , belief system

No. Religion is a faith-based belief system. hard-earned empirical determinations are precisely the opposite of religion and faith.

it has it's dogmas as well

No doubt, but they are not insisted upon by the scientific method or any of the knowledge gained from it. Contrast this to theistic religions, which don't only insist upon theism, but also their dogma. And then they insist upon dogma created from the dogma.... and so on...

No. Religion is a faith-based belief system. hard-earned empirical determinations are precisely the opposite of religion and faith.
Yes, and even empirical facts based systems. I say this again, I am playing the devils advocate here. that is all I am. A contrarian. Science has it's dogmas too, and it has become popular form of brainwashing. I read the books of Charles Fort. Just saying. Science isn't the bedrock or rational science we want it to be.

Did you intend that?

Uh... what? I didn't start the thread. But, okay.

Making kids religious is a form of child abuse.

I was thinking the same thing about allowing leftists to parent.

it has it's dogmas as well

No doubt, but they are not insisted upon by the scientific method or any of the knowledge gained from it. Contrast this to theistic religions, which don't only insist upon theism, but also their dogma. And then they insist upon dogma created from the dogma.... and so on...

Remind me that I don't EVER want to meet any little hellions raised by you. You really have an appalling lack of understanding about the job of parents, or how it should be accomplished, and it is only exacerbated by your unreasoning hostility and aggression to religion. One might even call it pathological.

Science isn't the bedrock or rational science we want it to be.

As typed on an electric keyboard attached to a quantum mechanical machine and sent via satellites relying completely on general relativity and cables relying on the photoelectric effect, and as shown to me on a screen using electroluminescence...

Remind me that I don't EVER want to meet any little hellions raised by you.

What a stupid thing to say. As if you could make any predictions about the temperament or morals of my children. I would not deign to do the same of your children, despite my determination that you are brainwashing them with religion.

Science isn't the bedrock or rational science we want it to be.

As typed on an electric keyboard attached to a quantum mechanical machine and sent via satellites relying completely on general relativity and cables relying on the photoelectric effect, and as shown to me on a screen using electroluminescence...
Yeah, like that. No doubt, but scientists create dogmas that others eventually broke to eventualy lead breakthroughs. That's science. Religion, say modern Islam, they would rather throw you off a building than have a breakthrough. Yeah, so put it in perspective.

Last edited:
No doubt, but scientists create dogmas that others eventually broke with to eventualy lead to the breakthroughs.

Yes, but that is because scientists are human beings. And the tool for showing the dogma is incorrect? Science, of course. That's one thing that separates science from religion: It has a method for weeding out things that are false.

No doubt, but scientists create dogmas that others eventually broke with to eventualy lead to the breakthroughs.

Yes, but that is because scientists are human beings. And the tool for showing the dogma is incorrect? Science, of course. That's one thing that separates science from religion: It has a method for weeding out things that are false.

True religion does as well.

And that would be the Holy Spirit who teaches us the truth of all things

True religion does as well.

Religion does not. Religion has no such method. That is why there are so many incompatible, competing claims among the religions of the world. Any member of any religion obviously presupposes that their religion is the set of correct claims, as you just did.

I have to ask WHAT dogma north Korean scientist follow about now. Something might transcend science. Does science have a dogma? What keeps them from being corrupted by whatever popular causes? I remember as kid back in the 50's. Doctors supported smoking, and now they say homosexuality isn't a mental illness. Yeah, about that...

I have to ask WHAT dogma north Korean scientist follow about now.

You could ask and get an answer, and still the dogma does not arise from science itself. It arises from religion, namely, the cult of Kim.

Doctors supported smoking, and now they say homosexuality isn't a mental illness.

And science proved both false. You're helping me out, here.

I have to ask WHAT dogma north Korean scientist follow about now.

You could ask and get an answer, and still the dogma does not arise from science itself. It arises from religion, namely, the cult of Kim.
I love science, you love non linear thinkers as well. We have all been brainwashed. Well, what some call apostasy, or brainwashing, I welcome facts and alternate thinking.

Forum List

Back