Religion and Ethics 2.0

I brought up 1.0, but it's history... Needs to be brought up again...

The theme of the board is Religion and Ethics.

You can't have both, you can only have one. Because religions are anti-ethics. They are mutually exclusive. Religions kill for fun.

You either have religion, or you have ethics.

I'm for ethics.

How bout you peeps?
So what is "right" and what is "good"?

Greg
That's something that's natural to us and to all species. We all know what is right and good. We don't need a religious fanatic to tell us.

And then the priests molest the boys and girls for years, and the higher ups just ignore it.

Yeah, "God/Jesus" is watching over us and the Vatican. Sorry, but that's bs :)

When a priest molests a child it is wrong and bad. When an "ethicist" molests a child it is another sexual preference. I prefer the damning to hell for eternity mob and hopefully facilitating same!!

Greg

I brought up 1.0, but it's history... Needs to be brought up again...

The theme of the board is Religion and Ethics.

You can't have both, you can only have one. Because religions are anti-ethics. They are mutually exclusive. Religions kill for fun.

You either have religion, or you have ethics.

I'm for ethics.

How bout you peeps?
So what is "right" and what is "good"?

Greg
That's something that's natural to us and to all species. We all know what is right and good. We don't need a religious fanatic to tell us.

So what is right and good?

Greg

Your ethics tell you what is right and wrong.

Religion says something else...

Back to the OP. Religion and Ethics are two different things.

And... they're mutually exclusive.

I'm a secular agnostic. I'd love to hear you theory of that. Without copy/pasting....

Why would I bother to tell you anything? You already made up your mind.

Watch the cartoons in your head
Because you're lying. That's what fanatics do.You're a religious fanatic. I wish you well. Just don't hurt anybody...

But ethics are real, and religions are not. Religion's ethics are evil. True natural ethics are real and part of evolution. Every species has it.

Only humans kill each other over religion. It's a money and power-making scheme.
Lots of wishful thinking but little grasp of reality. Religions are very real and most people in the world would agree. The ethics of religions reflect the ethics of man, in other words they are all over the place and people tend to find the religion/sect/denomination/cult/etc. that best reflects their ethics. I'm not sure what 'natural' ethics are but they would have to include the cooperation of bees and the infanticide of lions.

I'm a secular agnostic. I'd love to hear you theory of that. Without copy/pasting....

Because you're lying. That's what fanatics do.You're a religious fanatic. I wish you well. Just don't hurt anybody...

You're much more fanatical than I am. Obviously.

But ethics are real, and religions are not. Religion's ethics are evil. True natural ethics are real and part of evolution. Every species has it.

Only humans kill each other over religion. It's a money and power-making scheme.
Lots of wishful thinking but little grasp of reality. Religions are very real and most people in the world would agree. The ethics of religions reflect the ethics of man, in other words they are all over the place and people tend to find the religion/sect/denomination/cult/etc. that best reflects their ethics. I'm not sure what 'natural' ethics are but they would have to include the cooperation of bees and the infanticide of lions.
Natural ethics is something that is the same amongst all of us. 99.9% of us. What is right, is right. What is wrong is wrong.We don't need a religion to tell us that, because we never would have made it to 2000 BC without it.

It's just natural.

But what started happening circa 2000 BC, is that they invented "religion". And suddenly our ethics changed. No longer was it about the greater good of humanity, but it became the greater good of the religious ruler.

Shit went downhill from there.

Natural ethics is something that is the same amongst all of us. 99.9% of us. What is right, is right. What is wrong is wrong.We don't need a religion to tell us that, because we never would have made it to 2000 BC without it.

It's just natural.

But what started happening circa 2000 BC, is that they invented "religion". And suddenly our ethics changed. No longer was it about the greater good of humanity, but it became the greater good of the religious ruler.

This poster thinks religion was invented in 2000 BC

That's all you really need to know folks

Whatever. I'm not the one preaching supernatural gods that we cannot see or feel or touch, that want us to kill everyone that doesn't believe.... Jus sayin....

It's just natural.

The OT was written in 2000 BC. The Sumerians wrote texts in 4000 BC that the OT is based on.

This poster thinks religion was invented in 2000 BC

That's all you really need to know folks

The OT was written in 2000 BC. Based upon Sumerian texts from 4000 BC.

Monotheistic religion began with that plagiarism.

Whatever. I'm not the one preaching supernatural gods that we cannot see or feel or touch, that want us to kill everyone that doesn't believe.... Jus sayin....

Being so wrong about something so major should never be a "whatever". Especially if you're declaring yourself so right about such major things.

Really that's embarrassing. You realize we have religious artifacts going back 35,000 years

You're going to offer one false claim after another. If you don't have the sense or education to know that religion was NOT invented 2000 years ago, I just don't know what to say.

There's plenty of information available on the WWW. Avail yourself.

Churches make people think life is all about contacts and secret information from those contacts. Why else did idiots take any student and pretend they could get away with monitoring any information I provide hostile to their internet source? fail. How would any reward to international students be involving some trust of contact closeness. I think that's Ridiculous. Any trade, for-profit status, and outcome monitoring is a construct in the minds of racists, never mentioned by me. Or perhaps brainstorming to some practical navigation of my other relations.

Forum List

Back