Religion and Ethics 2.0

I disagree with you. You are a believer. You have hate that wants to come out.

You don't need religion to reduce your hate.

Though that's what they tell you. Just be coo!.Your hate goes away.

Just be a good person, and denounce religion. be good!

Trust me, your hate goes away. When you're not following a religion.

Is this aimed at me?

Do you have any idea how vacuous this post is? "Just be a good person"? What are you 10?

Monotheistic religions demand that they are right, and everyone else is wrong. And if you don't believe, you can be subject to many penalties, including death. This has been happily carried out during Crusades and Inquisitions. Millions of people killed, raped, or abducted, or just plain killed.

Terrible crimes committed in the name of "God" or "Jesus". Horrible....

Makes me sick. And Christians today just forgive all those horrific acts committed in their names, that got them to be born into that religion. As if they never happened... They just donate at church and have no idea...

Monotheistic religions demand that they are right, and everyone else is wrong.

Of course you are demanding the very same thing, and if I keep reading the thread it's probably throughout.

The demand is not wrong. It's what you do with those who disagree that's ever wrong. And you are dead wrong about the rest of your post in a way that's also dead boring
The sentence you bolded is absolutely right. You want to cease and desist with anybody who disagrees with you.

The rest that you say makes no sense. I'm no more boring than you are. I'm actually a lot more interesting than you! You just spill lies, and I try to say the truth.

You are a follower of a false religion that says it's true. You are a liar.

Monotheistic religions demand that they are right, and everyone else is wrong. And if you don't believe, you can be subject to many penalties, including death. This has been happily carried out during Crusades and Inquisitions. Millions of people killed, raped, or abducted, or just plain killed.

Makes me sick. And Christians today just forgive all those horrific acts committed in their names, that got them to be born into that religion. As if they never happened... They just donate at church and have no idea...

Of course you are demanding the very same thing, and if I keep reading the thread it's probably throughout.

The demand is not wrong. It's what you do with those who disagree that's ever wrong. And you are dead wrong about the rest of your post in a way that's also dead boring
The sentence you bolded is absolutely right. You want to cease and desist with anybody who disagrees with you.

The rest that you say makes no sense. I'm no more boring than you are. I'm actually a lot more interesting than you! You just spill lies, and I try to say the truth.

What evidence do you have that my religion is false?

Let's check our ethics scores....

Religion : -140
Non Religions: +1000

Really? I have multiple threads about that. Let's start with the Sumerians.

Is this aimed at me?

Do you have any idea how vacuous this post is? "Just be a good person"? What are you 10?
I don't remember Sue. Do you have a problem with it?

Somehow my reply did not register.

See Sumer. Specifically Enuma.Elish and Atra.Hasis, and most importantly, though babylonian, The Epic of Gilgamesh.

That's where you religion came from. You'll get some perspective.

Somehow my reply did not register.

See Sumer. Specifically Enuma.Alish and Atra.Hasis, and most importantly, though babylonian, The Epic of Gilgamesh.

That's where you religion came from. You'll get some perspective.

So far you don't know how old you are, can't use the quote feature and can't use proper spacing in sentences. Forgive me for not being compelled to take your advice in the great religions of the world

But I know that you won't give a shit.

Your beliefs are what your parents told you. And their beliefs, are what their parents told them. And so on, and so on....

You're brainwashed into your religion. And ready to do what you are told to do, when the time comes. In the meantime, you just give a lot of money to the religion. Because that's what you're told to do.

But I know that you won't give a shit.

Your beliefs are what your parents told you. And their beliefs, are what their parents told them. And so on, and so on....

You're brainwashed into your religion. And ready to do what you are told to do, when the time comes. In the meantime, you just give a lot of money to the religion. Because that's what you're told to do.

You don't know anything about me but you're very small-minded, this is obvious.

Keep drawing cartoons in your head, you obviously enjoy it, but don't need to converse with any actual people to do it. Head-cartoonists always think they're very intelligent and insightful and are the least intelligent and insightful folks out there and the last to know.

Well your religion came from somewhere. Right? Was it your parents?

Do not lie and deny the truth.

Well your religion came from somewhere. Right? Was it your parents?

Do not lie and deny the truth.

It's really astounding to me how small your understanding is. But okay.

No it did not come from my parents. I came to Christ after I had been a secular humanist agnostic. Thanks for asking.

I'm going to assume a "yes" answer on that...

Where did your parents get their religion from? Their parents?

Again, I'm going to assume "Yes!"

And so on, and so on, until... your ancestors were of a different religion, and the elders got killed and the children adopted Christianity.

That's why you are Christian. Because your family was massacred and forced to believe in it going forward.

Whether you are secular humanist agnostic (LOL) or not, you are forced to believe in something that is not good.

I'm going to assume a "yes" answer on that...

Where did your parents get their religion from? Their parents?

Again, I'm going to assume "Yes!"

And so on, and so on, until... your ancestors were of a different religion, and the elders got killed and the children adopted Christianity.

That's why you are Christian. Because your family was massacred and forced to believe in it going forward.

Whether you are secular humanist agnostic (LOL) or not, you are forced to believe in something that is not good.

Okay by your reasoning above I'm going to assume you're a 13 year old girl with an IQ of 75. That was easy!!!

Maybe you're the 1% that didn't adopt Christianity that way.

But the other 99% do.

And I doubt your story. You're just making a case against the obvious.

I brought up 1.0, but it's history... Needs to be brought up again...

The theme of the board is Religion and Ethics.

You can't have both, you can only have one. Because religions are anti-ethics. They are mutually exclusive. Religions kill for fun.

You either have religion, or you have ethics.

I'm for ethics.

How bout you peeps?
So what is "right" and what is "good"?

Greg

I'm a secular agnostic. I'd love to hear you theory of that. Without copy/pasting....

Forum List

Back