Reince Priebus Now Courting Ron Paul Supporters

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
On Tuesday, the Associated Press reported that RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, who suddenly faces a challenge from Maine Republican National Committeeman Mark Willis in his bid for a second term, "has sought out Paul supporters as he seeks re-election."

The relationship between the Republican establishment and Ron Paul supporters within the GOP has been at times volatile over the past year, and until now Priebus has not proactively sought out support from the Ron Paul-Libertarian side of the party.

But Libertarian minded activists, many of whom supported Ron Paul, have gained ground as part of the Republican leadership in several states recently. In addition to Nevada, and Maine, they've had success in Iowa, Kentucky, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, and Minnesota.

I don't see that working out real well for him.

Why do WE have to support THEM? It was the Republican Party who snubbed Ron Paul! Didn't THEY lose the Election? THEY are the problem!

Reince Preibus should be coming over to OUR SIDE!

Ron Paul has retired. The Ghost of Ron Paul isn't going to run for any office.

On Tuesday, the Associated Press reported that RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, who suddenly faces a challenge from Maine Republican National Committeeman Mark Willis in his bid for a second term, "has sought out Paul supporters as he seeks re-election."

The relationship between the Republican establishment and Ron Paul supporters within the GOP has been at times volatile over the past year, and until now Priebus has not proactively sought out support from the Ron Paul-Libertarian side of the party.

But Libertarian minded activists, many of whom supported Ron Paul, have gained ground as part of the Republican leadership in several states recently. In addition to Nevada, and Maine, they've had success in Iowa, Kentucky, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, and Minnesota.

The VAST majority of Ron Paul supporters within the GOP, of course, voted for Romney.

Perhaps you are thinking of the non-Republicans - the less than 1% of the vote - who voted for that Gary Johnson toad?

LOL

The VAST majority of Ron Paul supporters within the GOP, of course, voted for Romney.

Perhaps you are thinking of the non-Republicans - the less than 1% of the vote - who voted for that Gary Johnson toad?

LOL

I'd be interested to see the breakdown of voters that supported Ron Paul in the primary and then Mitt Romney in the general, versus those who voted for Gary Johnson, Virgil Goode, or didn't vote at all for the general. Obviously you'll have no problem linking to said numbers.

I'd bet that they stayed home or voted LP...And I'd probably win that bet.

Dr. Paul's supporters aren't so cheap as to turn around and support the stooge who stole all their delegates, stole their rightful speaking slots and seats on the platform committee.

Most Ron Paul supporters probably voted third party or for a more socially liberal candidate. Romney was neither socially liberal or fiscally conservative.

:lol: Talk about chutzpah.

LOL

I'd be interested to see the breakdown of voters that supported Ron Paul in the primary and then Mitt Romney in the general, versus those who voted for Gary Johnson, Virgil Goode, or didn't vote at all for the general. Obviously you'll have no problem linking to said numbers.

You are the one making the ridiculous claim that registered Republicans for some reason decided not to vote for the party's nominee.

Not me.

LOL

You are the one making the ridiculous claim that registered Republicans for some reason decided not to vote for the party's nominee.

Not me.
Millions of registered republicans stayed home....How is it such a stretch to presume that a fair percentage of those abstainers were Paul and Santorum supporters, who were pissed about getting flat out ripped off at the RNC?

I'd bet that they stayed home or voted LP...And I'd probably win that bet.

Dr. Paul's supporters aren't so cheap as to turn around and support the stooge who stole all their delegates, stole their rightful speaking slots and seats on the platform committee.

At the same time, even if he's right it's irrelevant. If they supported Ron Paul over Mitt Romney in the primaries why would they support Reince Priebus if given a better choice?

Not me.
Millions of registered republicans stayed home....How is it such a stretch to presume that a fair percentage of those abstainers were Paul and Santorum supporters, who were pissed about getting flat out ripped off at the RNC?

It is your conjecture.

LOL

Not me.

Can you quote for me where I said anything of the sort? Though I had to register Republican to vote in the primary in Ohio, and I certainly did not vote for the Republican nominee in November. So it doesn't seem to be such a ridiculous claim even had I actually made it.

Not me.

It is your conjecture.

Says the guy who still hasn't provided any actual numbers to back up his previous statement regarding a "vast majority" of Paul supporters voting for Mitt Romney in November.

Not me.

It is your conjecture.
A lot more likely and credible than your conjecture that the "vast majority" of Paul and Santorum supporters, whom were told to fuck off at the RNC, just blindly lined up and supported Vinnie Vitalis because of that (R) next to his name.

Not everyone is a blind party man neocon tool like you.

Forum List

Back