Regulating Cannabis Sales Could Yield Over $17 Billion In Annual Savings And Revenue

The lengths people need to go to to alter the consciousness is amazing. Why don't you try learning how to do it without pot ? Too lazy ?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I wish I understood some people's obsessional need to hide from reality.

Me too. Especially those who see simple solutions to complex problems (and I don't mean removing MJ from the Schedule I list).
Isn't that the 'conservative' way? "Just say NO!" Simple solution, but no solution at all.
Why do human beings choose to get high on AOD? I'm sure you have a simple answer, CG.

I haven't brewed beer, I can tell you for sure they both aren't easy.

a non hypocryte small government conservative would not want useless hundred billions of dollars waisted on prohibition.
But we all know the small government doesn't apply to military spending and oppressing dark skinned people.

There wouldn't be any Law Enforcement savings because they'll just shift those resources into going after something else.
.....Like the more-dangerous outlaws; heroin, coke....and, big-pharma....transporters/dealers??

Yeah.....whatta tragedy.

:rolleyes:

I'm certain you'll enjoy your expensive government weed with all the "dangerous thc" removed.
Yeah, Skippy.....that's gonna happen, Skippy....in the name o' Capitali$m, right??

282.png

i've been saying this for over a decade...

its stupid to keep marijuana illegal....it costs our system BILLIONS to "house" them in prisons, enforce the ridiculous law that has never once stopped the growth of marijuana partakers

for a nation that utterly failed at prohibition, one wonders why in the hell our politicians are so afraid to legalize marijuana when alcohol has far more damaging effects on our society
It's really very simple....

The politicians are beholden to an extremely-ignorant population (more-often-than-not, voluntarily-ignorant)...as-far-as drugs go.

If the average, anti-drug citizen even dares to consider....what they've believed (their entire-lives), about drugs, might be WRONG....and, it can be PROVEN, to them....then, they would also have to accept the possibilty many (OTHER) Absolutes, that've guided their lives....might ALSO be bullshit!!! (....And, we're talkin' Good Book, here.)

judgment_day_terror.jpg

Who needs those kind o' hassles.....when you can (merely) keep-lockin'-up those evil Disciples of Alternatives.​

I've never seen a bunch of folks more eager to jump at the chance to pay more taxes. Confounds the shit out of me. Legalise the shit simply because its just plain dumb to have it illegal.

no cannabis activist want it taxed save for the ability to get it legal.

surely like other so called "sin" taxes it will be over taxed.
Thanks white trash Jesus freaks.

The lengths people need to go to to alter the consciousness is amazing. Why don't you try learning how to do it without pot ? Too lazy ?

Hide from reality? Define that term for me. Television is a way you can hide from reality; just watch an hour of "Glee" or "Inuyasha." Or read "The Lord Of The Rings." Or play "Super Mario Bros. Those methods actually take people away from reality more than marijuana does. Marijuana still keeps you in reality, it's just slightly altered.

small government, unless your talking about killing middle easterners or jailing brown/black people. Then we can spend trillions. LOFL The failed white trash anthem of small government.

Not exactly.
Your masters hide YOU from reality.
Nature is reality. Every thing else is smoke and mirrors............and highly profitable for a very few.

they should let them out and lay off 20% of the big governement tit sucking guards.
Don't fool yourself.

In this grand land o' capitalism....incarceration has become Big Bu$ine$$!!!

"Where there are people detained, there are profit$ to be made.

This contemporary push to privatize corrections takes place against a socioeconomic background of severe and seemingly intractable crisis. Under the impetus of Reaganite social Darwinism, with its "toughness" on criminal offenders, prison populations soared through the 1980s and into the 1990s, making the U.S. the unquestioned world leader in jailing its own populace. By 1990, 421 Americans out of every 100,000 were behind bars, easily outdistancing our closest competitors, South Africa and the then USSR. By 1992, the U.S. rate had climbed to 455. In human terms, the number of people in jails and prisons on any given day tops 1.2 million, up from fewer than 400,000 at the start of the Reagan era."

You think the Lobbyists, for privately-run prisons, wanna see (ANY) drugs legalized???? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......you're one o' those folks....who'll decide, for OTHERS....what constitutes "...life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.", huh??

Just a lil' too lazy to work on your OWN Life, huh??

:eusa_whistle:

Don't waste too much time, on wishing. I realize it's more-convenient than actually trying to find-out....but, if wishing is what you consider some kind o' contribution (to any issue), you've got some serious growing-up to do. :rolleyes:

I'll go with the economist on this one. And compare it to beer and cigs, people can brew and grow thier own. They don't because it's a hassle. Do some brew? Yes will some grow? Yes
Tax collections will still be in the billions.

I'm willing to bet that it's easier to grow marijuana than it is to brew beer.

But you do have an excellent point.
Growing Pot definitely involves less care/hands-on, after it's been planted, but....you're gonna need 6 months (at-the-least; indoors), to have a worthwhile-product.

I'd say the brew-folks have the edge, here, regarding production-time.​

Me too. Especially those who see simple solutions to complex problems (and I don't mean removing MJ from the Schedule I list).
Isn't that the 'conservative' way? "Just say NO!" Simple solution, but no solution at all.
From what I've observed.....the 'conservative' way has a little-too-much to do with worrying-about what other-people are doing. It's a great way to avoid dealing with their own-issues, as well. :rolleyes:

Hide from reality? Define that term for me. Television is a way you can hide from reality; just watch an hour of "Glee" or "Inuyasha." Or read "The Lord Of The Rings." Or play "Super Mario Bros.
....Not-to-mention over-doing-it on the Twinkies......

obese_american%5B1%5D-771367.jpeg

Forum List

Back