“A Vote to Adjourn is a Vote to Raise Taxes”

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Appearing at the weekly Republican leadership press conference, Congressman John Boehner (R-West Chester) decried Democratic Leaders’ intent to adjourn for the fall without allowing an up-or-down vote to stop all of the tax increases set to take effect on January 1. Boehner issued the following statement:

“A vote to adjourn this Congress without an up-or-down vote to stop all the tax hikes is a vote to raise taxes and destroy more jobs. American families and small businesses deserve better. This Congress has a chance to help end uncertainty for families and small businesses by stopping all the tax hikes set to take effect on January 1. If Democratic Leaders leave town without stopping all of the tax hikes, they are turning their backs on the American people.

Boehner: ?A Vote to Adjourn is a Vote to Raise Taxes? | John Boehner - 8th District of Ohio

Boehner's right. If Congress does nothing those Bush tax cuts sunset at the end of the year AND THEY HAVE TO DAMN WELL KNOW IT.

So, by punting the issue of extending them, they took the coward's way out, but it still boils down to saying they are going to let the Bush tax cuts sunset.

I guess Democrats think voter won't notice this.

November is coming liberals!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, we all know how the Bush tax cuts work, TPS. They have three months still to re-adopt some or all of them; don't get hysterical yet. No one wants the cuts to expire on the poor or middle class; all that's up for debate is the cuts on the wealthy.

I was listening to that piece of news yesterday. I thought one Representative put it very well: They passed the adjournment by one vote to go home to campaign and protect their own jobs while ignoring the fact that other people across the country were going to lose their jobs.

There were about 38-39 Dems joining the Reps against adjourning and he thanked them for their bi-partisan efforts. He was hoping that Pelosi might do a recall like she did in the past to reconvene the House for a vote on something.

Boehner's right. If Congress does nothing those Bush tax cuts sunset at the end of the year AND THEY HAVE TO DAMN WELL KNOW IT.

So, by punting the issue of extending them, they took the coward's way out, but it still boils down to saying they are going to let the Bush tax cuts sunset.

Bonehead is never right!

Don't you mean the Bush TAX HIKES go into effect? :rofl:

Yes, we all know how the Bush tax cuts work, TPS. They have three months still to re-adopt some or all of them; don't get hysterical yet. No one wants the cuts to expire on the poor or middle class; all that's up for debate is the cuts on the wealthy.

If it's not "up for debate" why did they leave before even voting on it?

I mean are you that gullible?

I mean if it's not "up for debate" they would have voted on it before they left town.

Leaving it up in the air, proves it was a lie from the get go. They have no intention of leaving the Bush tax cuts.

And if you think the voters believe they will, I suggest you take a look at the polling data for Congress.

And how do you hike taxes on the "wealthy" wihtout the poor and middle class ending up paying for it, either in higher prices or more lost jobs, OR BOTH?

I mean this is a classic example of a liberal making it clear she has NO IDEA how the economy works.

You know MONEY is what pays people's wages and spurs more JOBS. You take more of it away, where DO THE JOBS GO????????????

Do liberals really think no one considers this?

Last edited:
Did Bonher cry again?
Hell no it isn't, the party of no, said no to the middle class tax cuts to protect the fat cats on Wall Street.

I was listening to that piece of news yesterday. I thought one Representative put it very well: They passed the adjournment by one vote to go home to campaign and protect their own jobs while ignoring the fact that other people across the country were going to lose their jobs.

There were about 38-39 Dems joining the Reps against adjourning and he thanked them for their bi-partisan efforts. He was hoping that Pelosi might do a recall like she did in the past to reconvene the House for a vote on something.

They have no intention of leaving the Bush Tax cuts to stand.

It was just an attempt to fool some voters into voting for them.

If they had any intention of voting to keep the tax cuts in place, they would have already voted on it.

The fact they punted, proves it as a ploy from the get-go. ;)

Bonehead is never right!

Go into effect?

Are you suggesting the Tax cuts were never implemented. I mean I have no idea what fantasy world, you are in right now.

But, you are not the first liberal I've encountered, who is getting more and more delusional the closer election day comes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If they had any intention of voting to keep the tax cuts in place, they would have already voted on it.

The Democrats did not have the votes to pass a bill that excluded the wealthy from future tax cuts. The Republicans -- and some Democrats -- would not pass one that did not include them. Fact is, none of them wanted the bill passed because this way, every one of the Congress can blame someone else for whatever his or her constituents bitch about them not doing.

In short, SSDD.

Did Bonher cry again?
Hell no it isn't, the party of no, said no to the middle class tax cuts to protect the fat cats on Wall Street.

Boehner made Congress get the hell out of dodge all by himself????? :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, you go with that one! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Democrats did not have the votes to pass a bill that excluded the wealthy from future tax cuts. The Republicans -- and some Democrats -- would not pass one that did not include them. Fact is, none of them wanted the bill passed because this way, every one of the Congress can blame someone else for whatever his or her constituents bitch about them not doing.

In short, SSDD.

Okay that's utter BS. The Republicans don't have the votes, right now, to stop anything. They couldn't stop Obamacare, and they couldn't stop Obama's Stimulus.

Suddenly they have the votes to stop a fraud "tax cut?"

Do you honestly expect us to believe that?

I mean I have NO SURPRISE WHATSOEVER THAT YOU BELIEVE IT. I mean that says a lot about you.

But the REALITY IS, there has been PLENTY OF THINGS THE REPUBLICANS HATED that passed just fine.

But Dems can't get this passed?

Yeah, I have some swampland on MARS I want to sell you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bonehead is never right!

Go into effect?

Are you suggesting the Tax cuts were never implemented. I mean I have no idea what fantasy world, you are in right now.

But, you are not the first liberal I've encountered, who is getting more and more delusional the closer election day comes.

The patented CON$ervative dumb act!!! :lol:

It's the BUSH tax laws that legislated that taxes go up in 2011.
But you knew that all along!

Appearing at the weekly Republican leadership press conference, Congressman John Boehner (R-West Chester) decried Democratic Leaders’ intent to adjourn for the fall without allowing an up-or-down vote to stop all of the tax increases set to take effect on January 1. Boehner issued the following statement:

“A vote to adjourn this Congress without an up-or-down vote to stop all the tax hikes is a vote to raise taxes and destroy more jobs. American families and small businesses deserve better. This Congress has a chance to help end uncertainty for families and small businesses by stopping all the tax hikes set to take effect on January 1. If Democratic Leaders leave town without stopping all of the tax hikes, they are turning their backs on the American people.

Boehner: ?A Vote to Adjourn is a Vote to Raise Taxes? | John Boehner - 8th District of Ohio

I'm guessing you paid no federal income taxes last year? Am I right? Pretty close?

Which just proves me right!

Not surprisingly, Democrats tried to blame Republicans for holding America hostage to the rich and said they had no choice.

The problem for Democrats, however, is that they cannot keep their own party members in line. More than forty House Democrats have come out supporting extending tax cuts for all Americans rather than just the middle-class.

The Republicans can't stop anything. They couldn't stop Obamacare, they couldn't stop the Obama stimulus.

The Democrats can bleat it's really the Republicans fault, but THE TRUTH IS AS I SAID. The Democrats are getting the hell out of dodge.

Do you think we buy that "40 Democrats" are really for tax cuts?

We are still waiting for Clinton to give us that tax cut he promised us!

This is a ploy by the Democrats, to claim it wasn't their fault taxes went up.

They will claim it was really the Republican's fault, when they know damn well, they did it deliberately by refusing to do anything, while the Bush tax cuts sunset.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bonehead is never right!

Go into effect?

The patented CON$ervative dumb act!!! :lol:

It's the BUSH tax laws that legislated that taxes go up in 2011.
But you knew that all along!

WHAT???????????

Do you remember the fact that Jumping Jim Jeffords jumped and gave Democrats the majority in the early 2000s?

The Republicans had to strike a compromise to get those tax cuts, which was agreeing to a sun set rule in 2010.

What does that have to do with Democrats cowardly ploy to avoid voting on them?

I mean this is LAME!

I'm guessing you paid no federal income taxes last year? Am I right? Pretty close?

I take it that's your desperate attempt to change the subject, since you know liberals LOSE on the subject in the op.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back