Registering Poor Voters Is ‘Un-American’

MatthewVadum-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

By Ryan J. Reilly

More: Columnist: Registering Poor To Vote 'Like Handing Out Burglary Tools To Criminals' | TPMMuckraker

According to author Durham W. Ellis, this is what historian Alexander Tyler said about the fall of the Athenian Republic: “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy ….”

The economy and Treasury seemed to be doing quite well until Republican George W. Bush came along.

Really?

I was of the impression that the US went belly up in 1935 and has been operating on fumes ever since.

And not allowing parasites on welfare to vote is the equivalent of shoving Jews into gas ovens, right, dipstick?

No, Adolf, I don't see them as equivalent. I question what kind of mind would even suggest that.

That last sentence makes about as much sense as a 1st graders. You care about me... oh, I am so touched... but then you don't care about me? Have you made it out of first grade yet?

You still suck Republican cock with most of your posts.

Immie

Oh don't worry that was a grammatical error - you see my brain thinks faster than my fingers can type...

Having a large IQ can be difficult at times.....

72 is not considered a large IQ.

Immie

If you had an adequate IQ you would know that a person with an IQ of 72 would find using the internet difficult, let alone make a post....

Not that I really give a fuck about my IQ but its closer to 172, as a matter of fact a lot closer.

I'm not going to tell you what it is tho because my IQ is irrelevant in this discussion. As a matter of fact my IQ is indefinitely irrelevant.

Last edited:
Oh don't worry that was a grammatical error - you see my brain thinks faster than my fingers can type...

Having a large IQ can be difficult at times.....

72 is not considered a large IQ.

Immie

If you had an adequate IQ you would know that a person with an IQ of 72 would find using the internet difficult, let alone make a post....

Not that I really give a fuck about my IQ but its closer to 172, as a matter of fact a lot closer.

I'm not going to tell you what it is tho because my IQ is irrelevant in this discussion.

Apparently, you do have a problem using the internet.

Immie

We're registering poor voters???!!!!! :eek: Before ya know it we'll be registering rich people to vote!!
When will the madness end???!!!! :eek:

And not allowing parasites on welfare to vote is the equivalent of shoving Jews into gas ovens, right, dipstick?

No, Adolf, I don't see them as equivalent. I question what kind of mind would even suggest that.

Question what, the kind of mind that would see an equivalence between barring welfare parasites from voting and shoving Jews into gas ovens?

That would be the mind of a liberal tic who goes by the name of Lakhota.

SERIOUS QUESTION: Does anyone on this board believe that POOR American citizens of legal voting age should NOT be allowed to vote?

A hell of lot more than will be willing to admit it.

If you pay taxes, then you should vote. However, about half of Americans don't pay any federal tax. Instead, they benefit from the Democrats redistributional themes.

Funny how cons want only the rich influencing our policy, a plutocracy. The question for me is why so many of them would not be considered among those rich enough to rule.

I was talking about the income tax which is the primary federal receipt outside of payroll taxes which many poor get back plus some.

So, what are you saying? If they don't pay income/payroll taxes they shouldn't be allowed to vote? Could they still vote for their state and local representatives - which would include everyone but the president?

I was talking about the income tax which is the primary federal receipt outside of payroll taxes which many poor get back plus some.

So, what are you saying? If they don't pay income/payroll taxes they shouldn't be allowed to vote? Could they still vote for their state and local representatives - which would include everyone but the president?

People should not be able to vote if they don't pay into this country. About half of Americans don't pay and federal income tax, yet they want to vote? Perhaps they should try producing something before they vote for their redistributional benefits.

Every person pays some sort of state tax, so let them vote at the local level.

Forum List

Back