RedFlags do work

Yes, some do. But if you are going to run up the highest body count, you need the one that is the simplest and fastest to reload and that would be the AR. The AR reloads with one hand while the AK requires the movement of both hands taking you off not only the trigger but the sight window.
Wrong again:

Which brought on a whole series of new laws restricting the materiels needed to make that truck bomb and it's worked. I bet you would list Nitrogen Feralizer in with the owning of an AR as well. You sure do love your high body counts.
Stop with sensationalizing and hyperbole. You have no idea who you're really talking to suggest anything like that. And it really only disproves you even more. Learn to discuss with a bit more reason and emotional intelligence.

Reason's you lack intelligence in your posts:
  1. Starts thread title or "Thesis", uses nothing in the post to support said thesis. You just failed English Writing 101.
  2. Pretends to be a firearm expert, but isn't, multiple times.
  3. Uses illogical fallacies in a conversation or argument: refer to this so you're not so unintelligent
    1. Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies
  4. Basis opinion on emotions and the lack of emotional intelligence

Wrong again:

Stop with sensationalizing and hyperbole. You have no idea who you're really talking to suggest anything like that. And it really only disproves you even more. Learn to discuss with a bit more reason and emotional intelligence.

Reason's you lack intelligence in your posts:
  1. Starts thread title or "Thesis", uses nothing in the post to support said thesis. You just failed English Writing 101.
  2. Pretends to be a firearm expert, but isn't, multiple times.
  3. Uses illogical fallacies in a conversation or argument: refer to this so you're not so unintelligent
    1. Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies
  4. Basis opinion on emotions and the lack of emotional intelligence

The AK forces you to put the weapon into your "workspace" where you are no long in the sight window and have to require your target. When I handled the M-16 (it's the same for reloading as the AR) I never took ahold of the mag that was empty. Just press the release button with your right hand and it falls out. The AR has to have the mag rocked in while the AR goes in straight making the AR superior on reloading. A trained money can reload an AR. You wanna a banana now or are you going to keep tossing your feces at everyone from your cage.

For those of you gunnuters that disagree with the Red Flag Laws, we just passed a comprehensive Red Flag Law in Colorado and this is the first it brings in. Red Flag Laws do work. One more copycat mass shooter bites the dust.

Would-Be Shooter's Sister's Tip-Off Stops Potential Colorado Mass Shooting
Christopher Wiggins
Sat, April 8, 2023 at 7:48 AM MDT·2 min read

Timberview Middle School in Colorado and Lilly Whitworth

The sister of a transgender teen who police say was plotting a mass murder may have prevented another mass shooting in Colorado.
Colorado Springs police arrested a 19-year-old on Thursday for allegedly plotting to conduct a mass school shooting at three schools and possibly a church.
A probable cause statement indicates that Lilly Whitworth planned a shooting at the school she attended last in seventh grade — Timberview Middle School — before switching to homeschooling.
Elbert County deputies recovered a manifesto when searching the suspect’s house. Timberview Elementary, Prairie Hills Elementary, and Pine Creek High School were mentioned as potential targets in her document. In her conversation with a deputy, she also said churches.

As of Thursday night, the suspect was being held in the Elbert County jail after being charged with two attempted murders. She has also been charged with three felony counts of criminal misconduct and two misdemeanor counts of menacing and interfering with school personnel.

Currently, Whitworth is being held on a $75,000 bond.
What stopped a potential shooting wasn't a "red flag law." It was a concerned citizen who overheard or was privy to a plot to kill people. So the potential would have been stopped with or without a red flag law.

What stopped a potential shooting wasn't a "red flag law." It was a concerned citizen who overheard or was privy to a plot to kill people. So the potential would have been stopped with or without a red flag law.

Wrong. There is no law against you saying you are going to kill someone but there is one when you actually do. The Redflag law just finds a happy medium.

Wrong. There is no law against you saying you are going to kill someone but there is one when you actually do. The Redflag law just finds a happy medium.
Except when they're used incorrectly and out of senseless emotion:

Sooner or later (and likely sooner) ... the red flag laws will be used by any troglodyte who hates guns and innocent folks will fall victim to false accusations.

Not all but Trans = mentally ill. They should not own guns IMO.
At least yours is the opinion of somebody, not one of the hair on fire, right, so I have to take it as valid opinion, even if I don't agree.
I think of it like this. Mentally ill? I don't know, but definitely some off kilter crap going on there, peaceful or violent.
Remember during the covid thing, when the right was going on about Chinese Americans or Asians in general, and they were coming under violent attacks, as discrimination brought on attacks for no other reason than the shape of their face. I was one to recommend they carry for personal protection. We have recently had heightened attacks on Jewish Americans, due to ages old discrimination. I advised them to carry. Whether you carry or not, I at least hope you own for personal home defense. Neither of these is any indication of any mental aberration, and while agreeing trannies suffer some kind of mental aberration, not all nuts (common parlance) are violent and usually more likely to harm or kill themself (which would not bother me) than anybody else. I would advise trannies to have some means of self protection. There are far right wing anti-tranny people that are probably more likely in many cases. If I saw a nut-ball in a KKK robe shooting at some woman(?), I am much more likely to shoot the the KKK guy, than help him bag his prey.
Like I said, disarming trannies, will not significantly stop mass shooting problems in general, and whether we have an unfavorable opinion of them or not, in light of the recent hysteria, even they are still entitled to be secure in their person.

For those of you gunnuters that disagree with the Red Flag Laws, we just passed a comprehensive Red Flag Law in Colorado and this is the first it brings in. Red Flag Laws do work. One more copycat mass shooter bites the dust.

Would-Be Shooter's Sister's Tip-Off Stops Potential Colorado Mass Shooting
Christopher Wiggins
Sat, April 8, 2023 at 7:48 AM MDT·2 min read

The sister of a transgender teen who police say was plotting a mass murder may have prevented another mass shooting in Colorado.
Colorado Springs police arrested a 19-year-old on Thursday for allegedly plotting to conduct a mass school shooting at three schools and possibly a church.
A probable cause statement indicates that Lilly Whitworth planned a shooting at the school she attended last in seventh grade — Timberview Middle School — before switching to homeschooling.
Elbert County deputies recovered a manifesto when searching the suspect’s house. Timberview Elementary, Prairie Hills Elementary, and Pine Creek High School were mentioned as potential targets in her document. In her conversation with a deputy, she also said churches.

As of Thursday night, the suspect was being held in the Elbert County jail after being charged with two attempted murders. She has also been charged with three felony counts of criminal misconduct and two misdemeanor counts of menacing and interfering with school personnel.

Currently, Whitworth is being held on a $75,000 bond.
This is not groundbreaking and did not require a new law

At least yours is the opinion of somebody, not one of the hair on fire, right, so I have to take it as valid opinion, even if I don't agree.
I think of it like this. Mentally ill? I don't know, but definitely some off kilter crap going on there, peaceful or violent.
Remember during the covid thing, when the right was going on about Chinese Americans or Asians in general, and they were coming under violent attacks, as discrimination brought on attacks for no other reason than the shape of their face. I was one to recommend they carry for personal protection. We have recently had heightened attacks on Jewish Americans, due to ages old discrimination. I advised them to carry. Whether you carry or not, I at least hope you own for personal home defense. Neither of these is any indication of any mental aberration, and while agreeing trannies suffer some kind of mental aberration, not all nuts (common parlance) are violent and usually more likely to harm or kill themself (which would not bother me) than anybody else. I would advise trannies to have some means of self protection. There are far right wing anti-tranny people that are probably more likely in many cases. If I saw a nut-ball in a KKK robe shooting at some woman(?), I am much more likely to shoot the the KKK guy, than help him bag his prey.
Like I said, disarming trannies, will not significantly stop mass shooting problems in general, and whether we have an unfavorable opinion of them or not, in light of the recent hysteria, even they are still entitled to be secure in their person.
Most of the assaults on Asians aren't due to "right-wingers" but, rather, inner-city blacks.

I personally believe the 2nd Amendment protects everyone's rights to self-protection. On the other hand, John Adams did say:

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams

I'm not sure that the "trans" community would fall under Adam's definition of "moral" or "religious." So perhaps he had a lot more insight than we all imagined.

Except when they're used incorrectly and out of senseless emotion:

Sooner or later (and likely sooner) ... the red flag laws will be used by any troglodyte who hates guns and innocent folks will fall victim to false accusations.

I read the whole thing, you didn't. She filed a false report saying that the Cop was part of her family. He isn't. Now, she has to go to court and justify it. Her son was killed by the officer and she decided to get retribution. His weapons were NOT taken and the hearing is in just a couple of days. You want to bet that she doesn't even bother showing up? Maybe they will send the Cop Cpl out to arrest her ass.

You RW Site isn't being 100% truthful.

Most of the assaults on Asians aren't due to "right-wingers" but, rather, inner-city blacks.

I personally believe the 2nd Amendment protects everyone's rights to self-protection. On the other hand, John Adams did say:

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
John Adams

I'm not sure that the "trans" community would fall under Adam's definition of "moral" or "religious." So perhaps he had a lot more insight than we all imagined.
Very true and well-spoken. I don't think Adams was referring to the modern day gang-bangers, carrying unregistered, unlicensed, illegal weapons as tools of the trade (so to speak) as being morally, socially conscious either. Our whole society, I think is not as moral as in the day of John Adams.

I read the whole thing, you didn't. She filed a false report saying that the Cop was part of her family. He isn't. Now, she has to go to court and justify it. Her son was killed by the officer and she decided to get retribution. His weapons were NOT taken and the hearing is in just a couple of days. You want to bet that she doesn't even bother showing up? Maybe they will send the Cop Cpl out to arrest her ass.

You RW Site isn't being 100% truthful.
But the point I was making is that people are going to abuse the red flag laws for their own purposes. It may backfire on them but, in the meantime, the man being falsely accused will have to jump through hoops to prove his innocence. And there's the crux of the matter: red flags laws assume guilt before innocence is proven. That's anathema to American jurisprudence.

I suppose the prevention of the most recent plan to attack churches and schools with "Legal" weapons (ARs) makes you sad that you don't get to tally up a new body count. The Red Flag Law has to include law enforcement, the DA and a Judge to determine that that person is dangerous either to others or themselves. This person's manifesto pretty well covers that.

As close to absolutist as I am about the Second Amendment, I do have to agree that at some point, if a person is truly determined to be dangerous, that it is valid to deny him the right affirmed therein.

But there needs to be some serious due process involved. There is a long history of government abusing false claims of mental illness as an excuse to commit human rights abuses against those falsely deemed to be mentally ill. The Союз Советских Социалистических Республик, in particular, had raised this to a fine art, creating a specific ersatz mental illness with which to diagnose political dissidents. They called it вялотеку́щая шизофрени́я, or sluggish schizophrenia.

The right to keep and bear arms is a right that our own government, at every level, has proven, time and time again, that it cannot be trusted to uphold, that it cannot be trusted not to make up Советских-stye bullshit excuses to deny wherever it thinks that it can get away with it.

The weapons are temporarily removed from their possession. The still have the right to get a lawyer and confront the judge to prove that they are NOT going to harm someone else or themselves with those weapons. At that time, those weapons are returned to them. It's for the safety of the community.

“Innocent until proven guilty” is an essential foundation of our entire system of justice.

The idea that government can accuse someone of anything, and deprive that person of essential Constitutional rights on the basis of that accusation, and to then put the burden on the one who is thus accused to prove his innocence before he can regain those rights, ought to be repugnant to anyone who believes in the principles on which our system of justice is supposed to be based.

John Adams

You are very much correct, and ultimately, pointing at the real root of the whole problem.

I can remember when guns were much, much easier to get, than now. You could order them from a Sears catalog, and have them delivered to your home. No background checks, no need to show any ID, nothing.

Guns aren't the problem. Something very bad has happened to our culture, in the time that I have been alive; something that has severely damaged the moral, religious, and ethical underpinnings of our society, and has produced an environment which creates mass murderers.

But the point I was making is that people are going to abuse the red flag laws for their own purposes. It may backfire on them but, in the meantime, the man being falsely accused will have to jump through hoops to prove his innocence. And there's the crux of the matter: red flags laws assume guilt before innocence is proven. That's anathema to American jurisprudence.

And it eliminates the nut cases like her. Everything can be misused.

Let's see how perfect her plan was.

1. Get pissed over not getting the insurance money
2. Contact the cops about a dangerous relative with weapons (this is where it breaks down considering the cops know the whole story)
3. File with a Judge. The Judge makes a fast call to the DA who is also quite aware of all this.

It won't make it past step 2 but her arrest warrants are more than steps 1, 2 AND 3.

Forum List

Back