RedFlags do work

Are you saying that Transgender is a Red Flag?

You stop this nonsense right now. Being Transgender had nothing to do with the 3 Mass Shootings we had in Colorado in the past. This one was just a copycat of the most recent shooting elsewhere. Maybe we should put you in the Red Flag Watch List.

You stop this nonsense right now. Being Transgender had nothing to do with the 3 Mass Shootings we had in Colorado in the past. This one was just a copycat of the most recent shooting elsewhere. Maybe we should put you in the Red Flag Watch List.

You can try.

But, it's nice of you to admit that you consider red flags to be a method for extra judicially stripping people who disagree with you of Constitutional rights.

That the shooters were fucked-up mental cases is completely relevant. What kind of fucked-up mental cases, perhaps less so; but a tranny is as much a fucked-up mental case, as is anyone with any other comparable severe mental illness.

Crazy people sometimes do crazy things.

For those of you gunnuters that disagree with the Red Flag Laws, we just passed a comprehensive Red Flag Law in Colorado and this is the first it brings in. Red Flag Laws do work. One more copycat mass shooter bites the dust.

Would-Be Shooter's Sister's Tip-Off Stops Potential Colorado Mass Shooting
Christopher Wiggins
Sat, April 8, 2023 at 7:48 AM MDT·2 min read

Timberview Middle School in Colorado and Lilly Whitworth

The sister of a transgender teen who police say was plotting a mass murder may have prevented another mass shooting in Colorado.
Colorado Springs police arrested a 19-year-old on Thursday for allegedly plotting to conduct a mass school shooting at three schools and possibly a church.
A probable cause statement indicates that Lilly Whitworth planned a shooting at the school she attended last in seventh grade — Timberview Middle School — before switching to homeschooling.
Elbert County deputies recovered a manifesto when searching the suspect’s house. Timberview Elementary, Prairie Hills Elementary, and Pine Creek High School were mentioned as potential targets in her document. In her conversation with a deputy, she also said churches.

As of Thursday night, the suspect was being held in the Elbert County jail after being charged with two attempted murders. She has also been charged with three felony counts of criminal misconduct and two misdemeanor counts of menacing and interfering with school personnel.

Currently, Whitworth is being held on a $75,000 bond.

Nothing wrong with laws that bar the mentally ill from gun ownership.

I'm all for red flagging when the gun owner is leftist vermin, all of whom are insane by definition.

I don't care if 100% of them commit suicide. I won't stand in their way, but it won't be a solution to the general problem of mass shooting, because they are not the major cause or demographic group.
The major cause is gangbangers using hand guns.

And there it is. Using red flag laws to take away someones Constitutional right because you disagree with them or they offended you.

You can try.

But, it's nice of you to admit that you consider red flags to be a method for extra judicially stripping people who disagree with you of Constitutional rights.

Yah, but only when they decide to shoot something like innocent people. But you support the murder of those children that were prevented from happening. Danged, just ruined your day, it did.

Yah, but only when they decide to shoot something like innocent people.

You don't need Red Flag Laws to take guns away from people who HAVE already shot people... they are felons.

Red Flag Laws only exist in order to take guns away from people, without due process, who you think MIGHT shoot someone based on subjective criteria.

You don't need Red Flag Laws to take guns away from people who HAVE already shot people... they are felons.

Red Flag Laws only exist in order to take guns away from people, without due process, who you think MIGHT shoot someone based on subjective criteria.

I suppose the prevention of the most recent plan to attack churches and schools with "Legal" weapons (ARs) makes you sad that you don't get to tally up a new body count. The Red Flag Law has to include law enforcement, the DA and a Judge to determine that that person is dangerous either to others or themselves. This person's manifesto pretty well covers that.

I suppose the prevention of the most recent plan to attack churches and schools with "Legal" weapons (ARs) makes you sad that you don't get to tally up a new body count.

Truly disgusting. You are truly disgusting. Besides, the fact of the matter is, the people keeping a running tally of the dead are those who want to ban firearms, those working to further their political agenda. That is a cold, hard, unarguable fact.

The Red Flag Law has to include law enforcement, the DA and a Judge to determine that that person is dangerous either to others or themselves. This person's manifesto pretty well covers that.

But the one thing Red Flag laws do not have to include, the one thing they rarely, if ever, include is the accused. Not only are the hearings an effort to deny a person one Constitutional right, the mere fact of the hearing itself denies the subject of their 6th Amendment right to confront their accuser.

Nice to know you are no fan of the Constitution.

A couple of points:
  1. Not sure the arrest of this "wannabe" was aided by any type of red flag law. Any reasonable and logical person should be able to go to the authorities, express concern due to the evidence and facts, which, in this case was leveraged by the tranny's sister by contacting the police
  2. I don't believe the wannabe shooter had a gun as the two articles I have read have only indicated a manifesto and ammunition on hand. Maybe there were guns in the house.
  3. I have not read where this wannabe shooter was denied a gun purchase.
  4. Was the tranny currently under any professional counseling?
  5. Should this tranny be able to purchase a firearm in the future? Hell No.
  6. Title of this thread and the actual story is intellectual dishonesty. A red flag law aided in nothing in this story (at least from the two articles I read).

For those of you gunnuters that disagree with the Red Flag Laws, we just passed a comprehensive Red Flag Law in Colorado and this is the first it brings in. Red Flag Laws do work. One more copycat mass shooter bites the dust.

Would-Be Shooter's Sister's Tip-Off Stops Potential Colorado Mass Shooting
Christopher Wiggins
Sat, April 8, 2023 at 7:48 AM MDT·2 min read

The sister of a transgender teen who police say was plotting a mass murder may have prevented another mass shooting in Colorado.
Colorado Springs police arrested a 19-year-old on Thursday for allegedly plotting to conduct a mass school shooting at three schools and possibly a church.
A probable cause statement indicates that Lilly Whitworth planned a shooting at the school she attended last in seventh grade — Timberview Middle School — before switching to homeschooling.
Elbert County deputies recovered a manifesto when searching the suspect’s house. Timberview Elementary, Prairie Hills Elementary, and Pine Creek High School were mentioned as potential targets in her document. In her conversation with a deputy, she also said churches.

As of Thursday night, the suspect was being held in the Elbert County jail after being charged with two attempted murders. She has also been charged with three felony counts of criminal misconduct and two misdemeanor counts of menacing and interfering with school personnel.

Currently, Whitworth is being held on a $75,000 bond.

Ok. Would you rather have a society that requires rules and laws to limit gun violence? Or would you rather have a society where these laws and rules aren't needed because gun violence is already low?

Me personally, I vote for option 2. And we had that just 30 years ago. So maybe instead of cheering for work arounds on shootings, you cheer for making it so we don't need work arounds. Work arounds don't solve anything, it's just an adaption to a problem, it doesn't solve the problem.

The problem is our society sucks. I am 47 and if I can remember a time I was alive where we didn't have all these shootings and such then that tells me the only to change is our society. So if our society changed for the worse then shouldn't we be trying to make it better instead of just creating laws that don't make it better?

I suppose the prevention of the most recent plan to attack churches and schools with "Legal" weapons (ARs) makes you sad that you don't get to tally up a new body count.
Conjecture, you have no idea what type of weapon was being used. The article mentions nothing about owning a gun. The other article I read said the 19 year old boy had "ammunition", no other details as to the type of ammo, so still we can only speculate as to what type of weapon he wanted to use.

Oh, and by the way, most "Mass SHootings" are done with hand guns. ARs make a small number of occurrences.

Truly disgusting. You are truly disgusting. Besides, the fact of the matter is, the people keeping a running tally of the dead are those who want to ban firearms, those working to further their political agenda. That is a cold, hard, unarguable fact.

The ones running up those tallies are legal gun owners until the hammer falls. That means, they are part of you and you support them.

But the one thing Red Flag laws do not have to include, the one thing they rarely, if ever, include is the accused. Not only are the hearings an effort to deny a person one Constitutional right, the mere fact of the hearing itself denies the subject of their 6th Amendment right to confront their accuser.

The weapons are temporarily removed from their possession. The still have the right to get a lawyer and confront the judge to prove that they are NOT going to harm someone else or themselves with those weapons. At that time, those weapons are returned to them. It's for the safety of the community.

Nice to know you are no fan of the Constitution.

Nice to know you don't support the Constitution but you do support Mass Murders slaughtering small school children.

Conjecture, you have no idea what type of weapon was being used. The article mentions nothing about owning a gun. The other article I read said the 19 year old boy had "ammunition", no other details as to the type of ammo, so still we can only speculate as to what type of weapon he wanted to use.

Oh, and by the way, most "Mass SHootings" are done with hand guns. ARs make a small number of occurrences.

High body counts are done by the ARs and AKs. The AK seems to have fallen out of use by mass murderers since the AR is a superior Assault Rifle. And anyone looking to do a large body count at a church or a school will use the most effective weapon, the AR, since they have trouble purchasing Hand Grenades and Nuclear Suitcase Bombs.

High body counts are done by the ARs and AKs. The AK seems to have fallen out of use by mass murderers since the AR is a superior Assault Rifle. And anyone looking to do a large body count at a church or a school will use the most effective weapon, the AR, since they have trouble purchasing Hand Grenades and Nuclear Suitcase Bombs.
Still conjecture and speculation. And you still show your ignorance to firearms. The AK is actually a very reliable firearm with many preferring the piston driven system of the AK over the AR's direct gas system. There are plenty that feel the AK is superior as it has relatively gone unchanged.

But it seems you're all about hyperbole. If you really want to hurt people, you don't have to use a firearm or a suitcase nuke. I really try and not insult people, by my patience is really low this morning. So, just incase you don't remember, or to young to remember and recall... here's Oklahoma City Bombing. No Nukes, No ARs. And you can still rent a box truck, and all the shit to build a bomb.
memorial-service-Alfred-P-Murrah-Federal-Building-Oklahoma-City-1995-after-Oklahoma-City-Bombing.jpg

Still conjecture and speculation. And you still show your ignorance to firearms. The AK is actually a very reliable firearm with many preferring the piston driven system of the AK over the AR's direct gas system. There are plenty that feel the AK is superior as it has relatively gone unchanged.

Yes, some do. But if you are going to run up the highest body count, you need the one that is the simplest and fastest to reload and that would be the AR. The AR reloads with one hand while the AK requires the movement of both hands taking you off not only the trigger but the sight window.

But it seems you're all about hyperbole. If you really want to hurt people, you don't have to use a firearm or a suitcase nuke. I really try and not insult people, by my patience is really low this morning. So, just incase you don't remember, or to young to remember and recall... here's Oklahoma City Bombing. No Nukes, No ARs. And you can still rent a box truck, and all the shit to build a bomb.
memorial-service-Alfred-P-Murrah-Federal-Building-Oklahoma-City-1995-after-Oklahoma-City-Bombing.jpg

Which brought on a whole series of new laws restricting the materiels needed to make that truck bomb and it's worked. I bet you would list Nitrogen Feralizer in with the owning of an AR as well. You sure do love your high body counts.

The OP does not connect the dots between Colorado's Red Flag Laws and this potential tragegy being averted.

The potential tragedy was averted when the batshit crazy tranny's sister reported him to police for threatening her - and being batshit crazy. That would have happened with or without the Orwellian Red Flag Law.

The arrest report indicates Whitworth’s sister called the police on March 31 to complain Lilly had threatened her, discussed a recent school shooting, and showed severe anger, CBS News reports.

The story doesn't even mention the Red Flag Law. I guess Vrenn just decided to "identify" the story as being about Red Flag laws, and expects us to affirm that identity.

Please, Democrats! If you, or a loved one, is a batshit crazy tranny who mutters about shooting up a school and makes elaborate drawings of a local school's floor plans, don't wait for your state to pass a red flag law to report it!

</PSA>

Look at this part of the story:

According to a sheriff’s deputy, they discovered the home full of trash, boxes, and empty alcohol containers. Then, Elbert County deputies had to go through another door to reach the suspect’s filthy bedroom.

“Lilly was asked how much she had been planning the school shooting, and Lilly stated she’s about a third of the way from doing it,” wrote a deputy in the incident report.

Officials found floor plans of a school on a dry-erase board in the home. Authorities say the suspect wrote a screed detailing the targets, explosive devices, and firearms to be made using 3D printing technology, the network reports.

The arrest report initially misgendered the suspect, but upon discovering the suspect’s gender identity, the document uses
her proper name and employs appropriate she/her pronouns.

Great. A pontential mass murderer who lives like a filthy, alcohol soaked animal, but we must be sure to humor him about his preferred pronouns. Great police work, there.

Some far-right-wing extremists and social media influencers pounced on the possibility that the suspect could be transgender.

What do they mean, "could be?" Are they saying the guy who calls himself a girl isn't a "real" transwoman? Oh, the transphobia!

Forum List

Back