Red Lust: Capitalism Sets [Graphing Dogma]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-values vignette inspired by the dogma-defense film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

jc13.jpg

Do you think capitalism inspires Rapture-storytelling or Hellenistic-paranoia?

Why do we make so many movies about dogma-oriented consciousness (e.g., Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps)?

Cheers (signing off),

jc10.jpg

====

The world was divided between good and evil, and Satan and the Red Dragon wanted to complicate matters regarding religion and etiquette on Earth. There were therefore images about divinity (e.g., Magdalene) and images about carnality (e.g., Playboy). Christian dogma suggested that a Great Tribulation between the foreboding kingdoms of Gog and Magog was approaching at the prophetic End of Days, when the AntiChrist and the Harlot of Babylon would make war on Christians and the legacy of democracy perhaps.

jc12.jpg

The American city in the 21st Century was a place of great traffic and turmoil, and anti-TrumpUSA protests marked pedestrians' frustration with America's obsession with commerce and consumerism. Incendiary nation North Korea conducted controversial nuclear-missile tests on Labor Day weekend 2017, and on Black Friday 2017, 300 Sufi Muslims were killed by ISIS terrorists in an Egyptian mosque. This was a time of great traffic-and-treaty oriented turbulence, and people wondered if capitalism-angst was to blame for all this. Was the modern city salvageable in terms of rhetoric?

jc4.jpg

For every Yin, there's a Yang. Imagine you're sitting in front of your laptop in your college dorm, enjoying a bowl of delicious strawberry ice-cream while doing your Statistics Course assignments when a beautiful woman walks into your bedroom and tempts you to have sex and forget about your homework/class-assignments. Suddenly, you wonder if your Statistics coursework diligence for your future ambition to become a successful American businessman is as important as entreating your immediate carnal yearning for this beautiful woman, who happens to be wearing an incredible red silk/velvet dress. What do you do? How does the American Dream save your soul now?

jc1.jpg

So you decide to reject this woman and continue eating your strawberry ice-cream and maintain your virgin-status and complete your Statistics assignments and graduate with high-honors so you can attend Harvard Business School and someday work for IBM or Microsoft. You did the right thing. You obeyed all kinds of 'Christian dogma' to pursue your American Dream ethically and prudently. However, you can't get the image of that beautiful woman in that incredible red silk/velvet dress out of your juvenile mind. When you marry a woman someday, and you decide to enjoy strawberry ice-cream with her, will you tell her about this alluring woman in the silk/velvet dress who walked into your college dorm that one night?

jc6.jpg

This bifurcation between aspiration and natural human yearning is sometimes referred to as Red Lust, or a becoming of something other-worldly by basic instincts you were born with and your genetic composition (DNA) programs you to contemplate. You read your Bible which informs you that succumbing to lust creates wrath and pride, but you wonder about the natural yearning to 'celebrate' fertility and erotic pleasure, and you begin to wonder if your hours of playing with your red marble chess set in your college dorm was as 'exciting' as 'giving-in' to that one hypothetical night of pleasure with that beautiful woman in the silk/velvet dress. Is this some kind of test(!)??

jc8.jpg

Because mankind was wrestling with these issues, Satan (the Devil) disguised himself as a comic book resembling menace named Red Goblin to tell humanity about the phenomenon of 'Red Lust' (described earlier). Red Goblin wanted to give authority to the prophetic manslayer (described in the Book of Numbers) who was also known as Red Dragon. Red Goblin [RG] was a complementary ally to the Red Dragon [RD] and wanted mankind to consider the reality of carnality in a modern sea of capitalism-oriented profiteerism. RG asked questions like, "If Americans celebrate capitalism-barons like Bill Gates and Donald Trump, what do they make of such profiteers marrying or courting extremely attractive women?"

jc3.jpg

RG also told man about the complexity of Chaos Theory, or nonlinear mathematics, which described endless loops, or 'fractals,' of interlaced curvilinear shapes that represent the intersections between parent-sets of numbers and member-sets of numbers. These 'manifolds' or layerings of numbers (or 'values') signified a deep cosmic imagination about the 'reality' of the bonds between all higher-order emotions (such as hope and lust!). RG wanted mankind to consider why a manslayer such as RD would want to 'exploit' capitalism-yearnings to promote vigilantism, piracy, and even murder in a time of great profiteerism (e.g., Gulf War).

jc5.jpg

RED GOBLIN: So you resisted the charms of the woman in silk/velvet.
ADAM: I had to complete my Statistics assignments on time...
RED GOBLIN: You do realize that students sometimes cheat on exams to succeed!
ADAM: Sure; just as professional athletes take illegal performance-enhancing drugs.
RED GOBLIN: Did you feel any 'peer pressure' to succumb to your lust towards the woman?
ADAM: Of course I did; modern media glorifies basic yearnings (e.g., Playboy magazine).
RED GOBLIN: If students cheat on exams to succeed, why do men rape women?
ADAM: Ambition and lust are complicated; sometimes prioritization is challenging.
RED GOBLIN: Would you rather cheat on an exam or rape a woman?
ADAM: That's a silly question; both are failures in ethics...
RED GOBLIN: Do you think that RD (Red Dragon) is merely a diplomat of dogma?
ADAM: No; I think RD is like Osama bin Laden or Adolf Hitler --- a provocateur.
RED GOBLIN: How do we use math, economics, and capitalism to 'redeem' democracy?
ADAM: Praise harmless ambition-themed shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (TV)!
RED GOBLIN: Have you ever seen the Indian version --- Kaun Banega Crorepati? (TV)?
ADAM: Yes, that show is hosted by Bollywood celebrity Amitabh Bachan!
RED GOBLIN: Do you prefer the original American show hosted by Regis Philbin?
ADAM: I like both...
RED GOBLIN: Do you still think of that beautiful woman from your college dorm?
ADAM: I'm not homosexual, so of course I do, but I'm glad I chose to complete my homework.
RED GOBLIN: Well done, Adam; you've passed this minor 'ethics exam.'
ADAM: I'd rather not take more...

jc7.jpg

God told RG that Adam had done everything required to pass this basic and humbling ethics-exam relevant to modern civilization. RG suggested to God that Adam would get through this 'Great Tribulation' and this 'infancy-period' in globalized consumerism (e.g., Wall Street, European Union, OPEC) and find commercial routes to peace and civility. God knew Adam would remember/commemorate the 'accidents' of 'globalization' such as 9/11. There was no reason to assume that rational intellectualism would doom humanity's aspirations towards peace. Perhaps Christian values regarding 'moderation' would not be regarded as merely 'institutional dogma.'

====

:2cents:

jc11.jpg

This is a capitalism-values vignette inspired by the dogma-defense film G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

View attachment 232903

Do you think capitalism inspires Rapture-storytelling or Hellenistic-paranoia?

Why do we make so many movies about dogma-oriented consciousness (e.g., Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps)?

Cheers (signing off),

View attachment 232888

====

The world was divided between good and evil, and Satan and the Red Dragon wanted to complicate matters regarding religion and etiquette on Earth. There were therefore images about divinity (e.g., Magdalene) and images about carnality (e.g., Playboy). Christian dogma suggested that a Great Tribulation between the foreboding kingdoms of Gog and Magog was approaching at the prophetic End of Days, when the AntiChrist and the Harlot of Babylon would make war on Christians and the legacy of democracy perhaps.

View attachment 232889

The American city in the 21st Century was a place of great traffic and turmoil, and anti-TrumpUSA protests marked pedestrians' frustration with America's obsession with commerce and consumerism. Incendiary nation North Korea conducted controversial nuclear-missile tests on Labor Day weekend 2017, and on Black Friday 2017, 300 Sufi Muslims were killed by ISIS terrorists in an Egyptian mosque. This was a time of great traffic-and-treaty oriented turbulence, and people wondered if capitalism-angst was to blame for all this. Was the modern city salvageable in terms of rhetoric?

View attachment 232890

For every Yin, there's a Yang. Imagine you're sitting in front of your laptop in your college dorm, enjoying a bowl of delicious strawberry ice-cream while doing your Statistics Course assignments when a beautiful woman walks into your bedroom and tempts you to have sex and forget about your homework/class-assignments. Suddenly, you wonder if your Statistics coursework diligence for your future ambition to become a successful American businessman is as important as entreating your immediate carnal yearning for this beautiful woman, who happens to be wearing an incredible red silk/velvet dress. What do you do? How does the American Dream save your soul now?

View attachment 232891

So you decide to reject this woman and continue eating your strawberry ice-cream and maintain your virgin-status and complete your Statistics assignments and graduate with high-honors so you can attend Harvard Business School and someday work for IBM or Microsoft. You did the right thing. You obeyed all kinds of 'Christian dogma' to pursue your American Dream ethically and prudently. However, you can't get the image of that beautiful woman in that incredible red silk/velvet dress out of your juvenile mind. When you marry a woman someday, and you decide to enjoy strawberry ice-cream with her, will you tell her about this alluring woman in the silk/velvet dress who walked into your college dorm that one night?

View attachment 232892

This bifurcation between aspiration and natural human yearning is sometimes referred to as Red Lust, or a becoming of something other-worldly by basic instincts you were born with and your genetic composition (DNA) programs you to contemplate. You read your Bible which informs you that succumbing to lust creates wrath and pride, but you wonder about the natural yearning to 'celebrate' fertility and erotic pleasure, and you begin to wonder if your hours of playing with your red marble chess set in your college dorm was as 'exciting' as 'giving-in' to that one hypothetical night of pleasure with that beautiful woman in the silk/velvet dress. Is this some kind of test(!)??

View attachment 232893

Because mankind was wrestling with these issues, Satan (the Devil) disguised himself as a comic book resembling menace named Red Goblin to tell humanity about the phenomenon of 'Red Lust' (described earlier). Red Goblin wanted to give authority to the prophetic manslayer (described in the Book of Numbers) who was also known as Red Dragon. Red Goblin [RG] was a complementary ally to the Red Dragon [RD] and wanted mankind to consider the reality of carnality in a modern sea of capitalism-oriented profiteerism. RG asked questions like, "If Americans celebrate capitalism-barons like Bill Gates and Donald Trump, what do they make of such profiteers marrying or courting extremely attractive women?"

View attachment 232894

RG also told man about the complexity of Chaos Theory, or nonlinear mathematics, which described endless loops, or 'fractals,' of interlaced curvilinear shapes that represent the intersections between parent-sets of numbers and member-sets of numbers. These 'manifolds' or layerings of numbers (or 'values') signified a deep cosmic imagination about the 'reality' of the bonds between all higher-order emotions (such as hope and lust!). RG wanted mankind to consider why a manslayer such as RD would want to 'exploit' capitalism-yearnings to promote vigilantism, piracy, and even murder in a time of great profiteerism (e.g., Gulf War).

View attachment 232895

RED GOBLIN: So you resisted the charms of the woman in silk/velvet.
ADAM: I had to complete my Statistics assignments on time...
RED GOBLIN: You do realize that students sometimes cheat on exams to succeed!
ADAM: Sure; just as professional athletes take illegal performance-enhancing drugs.
RED GOBLIN: Did you feel any 'peer pressure' to succumb to your lust towards the woman?
ADAM: Of course I did; modern media glorifies basic yearnings (e.g., Playboy magazine).
RED GOBLIN: If students cheat on exams to succeed, why do men rape women?
ADAM: Ambition and lust are complicated; sometimes prioritization is challenging.
RED GOBLIN: Would you rather cheat on an exam or rape a woman?
ADAM: That's a silly question; both are failures in ethics...
RED GOBLIN: Do you think that RD (Red Dragon) is merely a diplomat of dogma?
ADAM: No; I think RD is like Osama bin Laden or Adolf Hitler --- a provocateur.
RED GOBLIN: How do we use math, economics, and capitalism to 'redeem' democracy?
ADAM: Praise harmless ambition-themed shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (TV)!
RED GOBLIN: Have you ever seen the Indian version --- Kaun Banega Crorepati? (TV)?
ADAM: Yes, that show is hosted by Bollywood celebrity Amitabh Bachan!
RED GOBLIN: Do you prefer the original American show hosted by Regis Philbin?
ADAM: I like both...
RED GOBLIN: Do you still think of that beautiful woman from your college dorm?
ADAM: I'm not homosexual, so of course I do, but I'm glad I chose to complete my homework.
RED GOBLIN: Well done, Adam; you've passed this minor 'ethics exam.'
ADAM: I'd rather not take more...

View attachment 232896

God told RG that Adam had done everything required to pass this basic and humbling ethics-exam relevant to modern civilization. RG suggested to God that Adam would get through this 'Great Tribulation' and this 'infancy-period' in globalized consumerism (e.g., Wall Street, European Union, OPEC) and find commercial routes to peace and civility. God knew Adam would remember/commemorate the 'accidents' of 'globalization' such as 9/11. There was no reason to assume that rational intellectualism would doom humanity's aspirations towards peace. Perhaps Christian values regarding 'moderation' would not be regarded as merely 'institutional dogma.'

====

:2cents:

View attachment 232897
CommiePropOK.jpg

Forum List

Back