Red Flag, Jan, 2017 is building

Russia´s economy is as large as Germany´s
Population Russia: 143 million
Population Germany: 80 million

Russia's GDP per capita is less than Gabon, Latvia, Chile, East Timor. They are barely ahead of Malaysia.
Not true.
List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia

It's an RC model. I'm in awe you are gullible enough to believe that this pilot is in an actual stealth fighter plane. How much range do you think it would have at that size? Where would the radar be, he'd kick it with his feet.

DA9BE6B0B8674AFCB94C82069B60DA28.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
So its compact. And quite beautiful. And at least, it flies. Set to my ebay watchlist.
Stealth, however, is nothing magical and simply means a reduced radar signature. The first plane with stealth capability was the German Ho/Go 229, a stealthy flying wing.

"Engineers of the Northrop-Grumman Corporation had long been interested in the Ho 229, and several of them visited the Smithsonian Museum's facility in Silver Hill, Maryland in the early 1980s to study the V3 airframe, in the context of developing the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit. A team of engineers from Northrop-Grumman ran electromagnetic tests on the V3's multilayer wooden center-section nose cones. The cones are 19 mm (0.75 in) thick and made from thin sheets of veneer. The team concluded that there was some form of conducting element in the glue, as the radar signal attenuated considerably as it passed through the cone.[11] However, a later inspection by the museum found no trace of such material."
Horten Ho 229 - Wikipedia

Yep like any developing country they reverse engineer a lot of stuff and in the process are always generations back in technology.
So did the US, their first space missile was a copy of the A-4 (V2), later they flew to the moon, with the help of the maker of the V2, mind you.

PS: Please take care you properly quote. You have marked yourself as author of my quotes.

Lots of sources out there, try this one: GDP - per capita (PPP) - Country Comparison

Either way point stands, in your list Russia is under Malaysia. This is the booming 1st world economy you're so enamored with?

So its compact. And quite beautiful. And at least, it flies. Set to my ebay watchlist.
So you've posted as evidence or Iranian technology a plastic mockup where the pilots knees are like in a bumper car, and an RC model. Good job.

So did the US, their first space missile was a copy of the A-4 (V2), later they flew to the moon, with the help of the maker of the V2, mind you.
Sweet, Iran's tech development is where the US was 60 years ago.

Final Red Flag F-35 kill ratio was 145:7, or about 21 to 1.

This despite them throwing more aggressors and advanced SAM threats than any previous Red Flag exercise. I expect it will show just as strong when it sees more action in ground attack role in Green Flag where the sensor/information advantage and electronic attack capabilities will demonstrate overwhelming capabilities compared to 4th gen.

Final Red Flag F-35 kill ratio was 145:7, or about 21 to 1.

This despite them throwing more aggressors and advanced SAM threats than any previous Red Flag exercise. I expect it will show just as strong when it sees more action in ground attack role in Green Flag where the sensor/information advantage and electronic attack capabilities will demonstrate overwhelming capabilities compared to 4th gen.
This sounds very strong. Any details?

F-35 Program Makes Significant, Solid Progress, Official Says > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Article

"I flew a mission the other day where our four-ship formation of F-35As destroyed five surface-to-air threats in a 15-minute period without being targeted once," said Maj. James Schmidt, a former A-10 pilot. "It's pretty cool to come back from a mission where we flew right over threats knowing they could never see us."

In past Red Flags, the friendly force did not have the capability to directly target advanced surface-to-air missile threats with an aircraft like the F-35A. Exercise planners would engage the targets with long range "standoff" weapons – like tomahawk missiles – before sending aircraft in to the fight. "We would shoot everything we had at that one threat just to take it out. Now between us and the (F-22) Raptor, we are able to geo-locate them and precision target them." Watkins said. "With the stealth capability of the F-35A we can get close enough to put a bomb right on them. That would be impossible with a fourth-generation aircraft." After taking out the ground threats, the multirole F-35A is able to "pitch back into the fight" with air-to-air missiles, taking out aircraft that don't even know they're there, Schmidt said.

This is the largest exercise to date for the combat pilots of Hill's 34th Fighter Squadron and they're learning to believe in what the multirole fighter can do in combat, said Maj. Shad Stromberg, a 419th FW Reserve F-35 pilot. "After almost every mission, we shake our heads and smile, saying 'We can't believe we just did that'," Schmidt said. "We flew right into the heart of the threat and were able to bring all of our jets back out with successful strikes. It's like we hit the 'I Believe' button again after every sortie."

Pretty funny to look back at all the armchair aviation experts who have been posting that F-35s isn't stealthy, stealth was compromised because of STOVL requirements, no all-aspect stealth, etc.

The F-35 could see real missions soon as the US considers to deploy some in Qatar for the fight against ISIS in Syria.

"The deployment could take place in “not so distant future,” General Herbert J. “Hawk” Carlisle, the outgoing head of the Air Combat Command, told journalists on Friday in Washington DC.

“It would deploy as an asset for the [Combined Forces Air Component commander] at Al Udeid [Qatar], so he would use it as he would see fit, and I would certainly expect it to participate in operations just like the F-22 is today,” he said, as cited by Military.com."

US to send F-35's to Middle East to fight ISIS

They are using F-22 to gather info and lob the occasional JDAM, F-35 could do the same thing even at current limited software weapons capability.

Forum List

Back