Record number of uninsured adults...What is the GOP going to do about it?

Your not going to post the 16000 pages of regulation? Why not? Oh we have to pass it to see WHATS IN IT. It passed whats in it?

Regulations exist to put the concepts in legislation into practice. A piece of legislation will put forth a general idea but, Congressmen not being experts, they leave it to the executive branch which solicits public comment on rules it produces. So the simplest example of this is the requirement that insurance plans allow children of policyholders to stay on their plans if they choose to up to the age of 26. The part of the law establishing this is very short:

SEC. 2714. EXTENSION OF DEPENDENT COVERAGE.

`(a) In General- A group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage that provides dependent coverage of children shall continue to make such coverage available for an adult child (who is not married) until the child turns 26 years of age. Nothing in this section shall require a health plan or a health insurance issuer described in the preceding sentence to make coverage available for a child of a child receiving dependent coverage.
`(b) Regulations- The Secretary shall promulgate regulations to define the dependents to which coverage shall be made available under subsection (a).
`(c) Rule of Construction- Nothing in this section shall be construed to modify the definition of `dependent' as used in the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 with respect to the tax treatment of the cost of coverage.​

They throw out the idea and leave it to HHS to fill in the details to make it work. Which is why there's now an interim final rule (20 pages long!) clarifying how this works. But a page count isn't particularly descriptive since the actual rules aren't 20 pages long. Most of the space is taken up by background, estimates of the economic impact and paperwork burdens of the regulation, and even examples (in the form of hypothetical scenarios) that demonstrate how the rule works in practice. So just because a regulation is 20 pages long, that doesn't mean there are actually 20 pages of new rules in it that have to be followed.

But if you want to talk about specific regulations, that's fine with me.

SO THE DEATH PANELS DESCRIPTIONS WERE ACCURATE. It may not be a panel, just some lobbyist that greased the right palms.

An I told you so will apply here somewhere.

Record number of uninsured adults...What is the GOP going to do about it?

Nothing.

In a related story 46% of US adults don't have a keyboard equipped cell phone and are experiencing fingertip injuries from excessive button pushing.

In addition 95% of the 46% only have one premium cable channel and feel inadequate, causing them to suffer bouts of depression.

What's the GOP going to do about this?

Your not going to post the 16000 pages of regulation? Why not? Oh we have to pass it to see WHATS IN IT. It passed whats in it?

Regulations exist to put the concepts in legislation into practice. A piece of legislation will put forth a general idea but, Congressmen not being experts, they leave it to the executive branch which solicits public comment on rules it produces. So the simplest example of this is the requirement that insurance plans allow children of policyholders to stay on their plans if they choose to up to the age of 26. The part of the law establishing this is very short:

SEC. 2714. EXTENSION OF DEPENDENT COVERAGE.

`(a) In General- A group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage that provides dependent coverage of children shall continue to make such coverage available for an adult child (who is not married) until the child turns 26 years of age. Nothing in this section shall require a health plan or a health insurance issuer described in the preceding sentence to make coverage available for a child of a child receiving dependent coverage.
`(b) Regulations- The Secretary shall promulgate regulations to define the dependents to which coverage shall be made available under subsection (a).
`(c) Rule of Construction- Nothing in this section shall be construed to modify the definition of `dependent' as used in the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 with respect to the tax treatment of the cost of coverage.​

They throw out the idea and leave it to HHS to fill in the details to make it work. Which is why there's now an interim final rule (20 pages long!) clarifying how this works. But a page count isn't particularly descriptive since the actual rules aren't 20 pages long. Most of the space is taken up by background, estimates of the economic impact and paperwork burdens of the regulation, and even examples (in the form of hypothetical scenarios) that demonstrate how the rule works in practice. So just because a regulation is 20 pages long, that doesn't mean there are actually 20 pages of new rules in it that have to be followed.

But if you want to talk about specific regulations, that's fine with me.

they leave it to the executive branch which solicits public comment on rules it produces.

Your either naive or its true, the politicians hire hacks to post on the internet, the executive branch asked public opinion and we stated we wanted our 26 year old kids on our insurance policy.

Pure bullshit

SO THE DEATH PANELS DESCRIPTIONS WERE ACCURATE. It may not be a panel, just some lobbyist that greased the right palms.

I don't think you're getting this.

Better then you obviously.

I remember the number one premise in this was to get more people insured at a lower cost.

You have increased costs and the numbers havent changed.

Time for your rant now.

WTF? I though ObamaCare covered everyone for free including the 10 to 20 million illegals?

How are we doing on bending down that old cost curve?

How is everybody spending or investing their $2,500 (or 2,500%, Obama can't tell the difference) savings?

Your either naive or its true, the politicians hire hacks to post on the internet, the executive branch asked public opinion and we stated we wanted our 26 year old kids on our insurance policy.

You don't weigh in on the legislation itself (well, other than contacting your representative); the public comment period applies to administrative rules applying its provisions. And, yes, anyone can submit comments. For example, HHS just posted all 865 comments returned in response to their solicitation for information about what should be in future regulations on state health insurance exchanges. Most of them are from state governments, interested organizations, advocates, etc but there's even one from a guy calling himself "John Public" who listed his organization as "If I trusted the government, I'd be willing to share." His comment on exchange design was:

As Mr. Obama pointed out, if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. If you want to really do what is best for the country, repeal the law and do over. There are plenty of low cost, common sense ways to meet the health care needs of those who can't afford insurance without expanding the role of government and driving up the cost for those of us who do have insurance. We who work in the industry offered common sense suggestions to politicians who refused to listen. The time to be asking for public ideas should have been before the law was passed.......you thought the public "just didn't understand". You were wrong and Missouri just gave your your first failing grade. There will likely be more to follow.​

So yes, everyone--even idiots with nothing to say about a topic--may submit comments on proposed regulations. And if their comments are substantive, they may have a huge impact on changing the shape of those regulations (for example, the meaningful use regulations I've mentioned before changed substantially between the proposed and final rule iterations in response to the public comments).

Last edited:
Number of uninsured U.S. adults hits record high - USATODAY.com

Nearly 50 million Americans have gone without health insurance for at least part of the past year — up from 46 million people in 2008, federal health officials reported Tuesday.
Those people included not only those Americans living in poverty, but an increasing number of middle-income people, according to a report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"The bottom line is that uninsurance of young and middle-class adults increased by 4 million people from 2008 to the first quarter of 2010," CDC Director Dr. Thomas R. Frieden said during a news conference Tuesday.

What's more, the number of people without insurance for a year or more increased from 27.5 million in 2008 to 30.4 million in the first quarter of 2010, Frieden said. "That's an increase of 3 million of chronically uninsured adults."

These findings debunk two myths about health insurance, Frieden said. "The first myth is that it's only the poor who are uninsured. In fact, half of the uninsured are over the poverty level," he said.

"The second myth is that it's only healthy people who are uninsured and that young healthy people make a choice not to have health insurance. In fact, more than two out of five individuals who are uninsured at some point during the past year had one or more chronic diseases," he said

What is the GOP plan? Repeal?

Lessssseeeee here! We went from 30 million uninsured to 50 million uninsured. After the butt ramming. How did this happen? Did we get 20 million more illegals in? Or did obie wan lose 20 millin jobs?

But we're saving $2,500/year on average, right?

Please tell me ObamaCare didn't get that wrong too!

Nearly 50 million Americans have gone without health insurance for at least part of the past year — up from 46 million people in 2008, federal health officials reported Tuesday.
Those people included not only those Americans living in poverty, but an increasing number of middle-income people, according to a report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"The bottom line is that uninsurance of young and middle-class adults increased by 4 million people from 2008 to the first quarter of 2010," CDC Director Dr. Thomas R. Frieden said during a news conference Tuesday.

What's more, the number of people without insurance for a year or more increased from 27.5 million in 2008 to 30.4 million in the first quarter of 2010, Frieden said. "That's an increase of 3 million of chronically uninsured adults."

These findings debunk two myths about health insurance, Frieden said. "The first myth is that it's only the poor who are uninsured. In fact, half of the uninsured are over the poverty level," he said.

"The second myth is that it's only healthy people who are uninsured and that young healthy people make a choice not to have health insurance. In fact, more than two out of five individuals who are uninsured at some point during the past year had one or more chronic diseases," he said

Lessssseeeee here! We went from 30 million uninsured to 50 million uninsured. After the butt ramming. How did this happen? Did we get 20 million more illegals in? Or did obie wan lose 20 millin jobs?

46 million? Wow Obama said 30 million in 08.

Yes, I have a lot of faith in government estimates in taking over the entire US health care when they vary in the tens of million column right from the start

46 million? Wow Obama said 30 million in 08.

Yes, I have a lot of faith in government estimates in taking over the entire US health care when they vary in the tens of million column right from the start

Yep, when he signed the bill, and just a week or so ago he said his action brought health care to 30 million. Now here we are with 50 million uninsured. Sombebody is fucking like rabbits or sumpin.

Progressives keep forgetting they no longer have a media monopoly and get caught when they lie about the number of uninsured out in the tens of millions column.

Watch, next month it will be 3 trillion Amercians without insurance...

I would be happy if we eliminated insurance.

My local hospital charged me 2k, my insurance 10k, than told me my wife might be pregnant and sent us home. My insurance company freely paid the bill, my protest meant nothing, I felt I was ripped off by the hospital so that they could pay for all the illegal aliens that surrounded me.

I know we need something, I also know the government is most likely 90% of the problem, before Obamacare.

My local hospital charged me 2k, my insurance 10k, than told me my wife might be pregnant and sent us home. My insurance company freely paid the bill, my protest meant nothing, I felt I was ripped off by the hospital so that they could pay for all the illegal aliens that surrounded me.

I know we need something, I also know the government is most likely 90% of the problem, before Obamacare.

shit man, can't you use a pregnancy test kit like everyone else?

4 years with a super majority Dem congress and 2 years with a Dem President VS 6 years of a Rep congress with 6 years of republican president... And yet here we are, blaming the Republicans that are not even sworn in yet for why over the last 2-3 years things fell apart.

If Bush vetoed the Dem congress on anything important I’d consider it meaningful, but
The Dems didn’t even try to fix the economy, end the wars, torture, Guantanamo or pass HC so why do I need to go back 4 to 10 years to blame congress when I can blame the people that were here for the last 4 years?

Can you guys on the left get anymore desperate?

This thread was made by a bigoted moron for other bigoted morons to jerk off on.

shit man, can't you use a pregnancy test kit like everyone else?

Insurance doesn't pay for the kit.

:tongue:

ObamaCare: We can't tell how many are uninsured to the nearest ten million, we lied about reducing costs, we didn't even read the Bill, but guess what? You're fucked, because it's now the law of the land!

:lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol: :lol:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

"You fucked up, you trusted us"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama and the Dems turned Americans into Flounder from Animal House!

Soros gets the last laugh!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol:

ObamaCare: You fucked up, you trusted us

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOXtWxhlsUg[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back