John Boehner to fly commercial as speaker

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest

House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday he intends to take commercial flights home when he moves up to speaker in the new Congress.

“Over the last 20 years, I have flown back and forth to my district on commercial aircraft, and I am going to continue to do that,” he told reporters.

Read more: John Boehner to fly commercial as speaker - Simmi Aujla - POLITICO.com

That won't cost 28,000 one way as Pelosi's jet cost and will save the tax payers a bundle IMO. I know there was someone enquiring how the new speaker would fly but I can't locate the thread.

No more "Air Pelosi".

Last edited:
If he has been doing that for the last 20 years, as he says, then why announce it?? Nothing has changed. What does he want, a pat on the back????

CaféAuLait;2958009 said:

House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday he intends to take commercial flights home when he moves up to speaker in the new Congress.

“Over the last 20 years, I have flown back and forth to my district on commercial aircraft, and I am going to continue to do that,” he told reporters.

Read more: John Boehner to fly commercial as speaker - Simmi Aujla - POLITICO.com

That won't cost 28,000 one way as Pelosi's jet cost and will save the tax payers a bundle IMO. I know there was someone enquiring how the new speaker would fly but I can't locate the thread.

No more "Air Pelosi".

a keeper. John Boner is lying here. :eusa_whistle:

If he has been doing that for the last 20 years, as he says, then why announce it?? Nothing has changed. What does he want, a pat on the back????

Just drawing a contrast to show that adults are in charge now.

CaféAuLait;2958009 said:

No more "Air Pelosi".

No, it will cost $3,000. a day for each person in his flight, but the nation another trillion dollars to special interests and corporations, banks, etc.:lol:

Cons never see the big picture. They worry about Pelosi flying, yet don't mind paying for Israel jets to go on scenic tours in the gulf.

CaféAuLait;2958009 said:

No more "Air Pelosi".

he needs the money for his greens' fees.

CaféAuLait;2958009 said:

No more "Air Pelosi".

Maybe he can get "0bama rates"...

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
CaféAuLait;2958009 said:

No more "Air Pelosi".

Bottom line is John just isn't worth a Pelosi shit, so the government figures he is a risk we can afford to take. Now J. Dennis Hastert was worth quite a lot, so he flew like Nancy does.

It's a pie in the face to Pelosi....
Pelosi should be ordered to pay back every dime of taxpayer money she spent for travel.

CaféAuLait;2958009 said:

No more "Air Pelosi".

No, it will cost $3,000. a day for each person in his flight, but the nation another trillion dollars to special interests and corporations, banks, etc.:lol:

Cons never see the big picture. They worry about Pelosi flying, yet don't mind paying for Israel jets to go on scenic tours in the gulf.
More unsubstantiated lib screeching.
What the fuck are you babbling about.....

He'll fly like Pelosi did, but will say he was forced to for security purposes. It was for Pelosi's security too.

I assume he wants to reassure the taxpayers that things will be different from the previous regime. Given that he was brought to power by an electorate that was and is furious about government spending, it makes sense that he's eager to let people know that he got the message.

CaféAuLait;2958009 said:

No more "Air Pelosi".

And the big difference is he pays his own green fees while Pelosi has tax payers pay 28 grand for a one way flight and 18,000 grand a month for a office -- near five times the amount of what she was paying 1 year ago.

Pelosi Paying $18K a Month for New San Francisco Office : Roll Call

I don't care if it is a GOPer or Dem if it is a stupid price for something and is out of touch with a 10% unemployment rate-- cutbacks are needed and the ridiculous nature and costs some pols are getting away needs to be dealt with.

The taxpayer is getting reamed while all these pols are living the high life and it stinks to high heaven.

CaféAuLait;2958374 said:
CaféAuLait;2958009 said:

No more "Air Pelosi".

And the big difference is he pays his own green fees while Pelosi has tax payers pay 28 grand for a one way flight and 18,000 grand a month for a office -- near five times the amount of what she was paying 1 year ago.

Pelosi Paying $18K a Month for New San Francisco Office : Roll Call

I don't care if it is a GOPer or Dem if it is a stupid price for something and is out of touch with a 10% unemployment rate-- cutbacks are needed and the ridiculous nature and costs some pols are getting away needs to be dealt with.

The taxpayer is getting reamed while all these pols are living the high life and it stinks to high heaven.

The wealthiest three counties in the country are suburbs of DC.

and how does this make him a qualified elected official? just saying...we're still waiting for that agenda that's going to create jobs, reform healthcare, and end the recession, john. fox news will find the slightest thing to divert attention from the hollow shell of gop philosophy. and its viewers will go chase after it, like the dogs they are, until they can scrounge up another bone.

and how does this make him a qualified elected official? just saying...we're still waiting for that agenda that's going to create jobs, reform healthcare, and end the recession, john. fox news will find the slightest thing to divert attention from the hollow shell of gop philosophy. and its viewers will go chase after it, like the dogs they are, until they can scrounge up another bone.

Well, it indicates an interest in being a frugal steward of the taxpayers' money, which would be a refreshing change. The election JUST happened, so perhaps you could be a bit patient in making demands, at LEAST until he and the new Congressmembers actually get into their jobs.

Well, it indicates an interest in being a frugal steward of the taxpayers' money, which would be a refreshing change. The election JUST happened, so perhaps you could be a bit patient in making demands, at LEAST until he and the new Congressmembers actually get into their jobs.

i'm not too comforted, as you are, that the first we hear of the salvation of america is a story about him so humbly sitting among the commoners, that some pundits and a blonde woman there for eye candy sit around at a desk talking about it for hours. it's more insulting than anything. good to see he already regards himself as being on a higher "plane" (metaphorically speaking) than his constituents.
the american people want change, and they want it now, remember? doesnt matter if theyre not elected yet, we want answers!

i'm not too comforted, as you are, that the first we hear of the salvation of america is a story about him so humbly sitting among the commoners, that some pundits and a blonde woman there for eye candy sit around at a desk talking about it for hours. it's more insulting than anything. good to see he already regards himself as being on a higher "plane" (metaphorically speaking) than his constituents.
the american people want change, and they want it now, remember? doesnt matter if theyre not elected yet, we want answers!

Oh, give me a break. Nancy Pelosi, the Obama family, etc. spend oodles of taxpayer dollars jetting all over the world on the little junkets, and you're getting your panties in a wad because Boehner thinks too highly of himself for talking about NOT doing that?

And the American people can "want it now" all they like, but the reality is that they aren't getting squat from the Republicans until they actually take office. I don't care how much you scream and stamp your feet. Demanding all the answers RIGHT NOW eight days after the election just makes you sound like a bigger dumbass than you already did, which I have to admit is a pretty impressive feat.

Forum List

Back