Record High Temps for Seattle, Denver, Phoenix, Alabama, Las Vegas, NY

[b'Garbage thread.]b]

May 2023 in Phoenix was the coolest in 30 years.
That's because YOU Bumped it up/responded to a thread from MAY 2018 You IDIOT!
What, 15 pages back?
`

Last edited:
Near record low (for the high) today in Nashville...

That's because YOU Bumped it up/responded to a thread from MAY 2018 You IDIOT!
What, 15 pages back?
`
I know it was....just pointing out that all the hysteria was meaningless.

May 2023 in Phoenix....the coolest in 30 years and maybe longer.

Put that in your AGW pipe and smoke it.

Were you in that conversation? Perhaps with a different moniker?

Phoenix reaches 110 degrees for 30 days in a Row, Extending Streak

Fernando Cervantes Jr.
July 29, 2003

It's official. Phoenix has again reached temperatures above 110 degrees. On Saturday, the Valley surpassed 110 degrees for the 30th day.

The Record-Breaking streak continues to Smash the Previous Record set almost 60 years ago. In June 1974, a streak of 18 days was set. As of Saturday afternoon, the temperature at Phoenix Sky Harbor reached 110 with forecasts of temperatures as high as 114 degrees.

The morning in Phoenix provided no rest from the high temperatures as residents woke up to a scorching 95 degrees.
That high-low Broke the previous Daily Record set four years ago when the temperature was 92 degrees.

[......]

www.azcentral.com

Phoenix reaches 110 degrees for 30 days in a row, extending streak

On Saturday, temperatures at Phoenix Sky Harbor hit 110 degrees extending the streak to 30 days in a row. Cooler temperatures are on the way.
www.azcentral.com
Photos: Arizona weather 2023

`

Phoenix reaches 110 degrees for 30 days in a Row, Extending Streak

Fernando Cervantes Jr.
July 29, 2003

It's official. Phoenix has again reached temperatures above 110 degrees. On Saturday, the Valley surpassed 110 degrees for the 30th day.

The Record-Breaking streak continues to Smash the Previous Record set almost 60 years ago. In June 1974, a streak of 18 days was set. As of Saturday afternoon, the temperature at Phoenix Sky Harbor reached 110 with forecasts of temperatures as high as 114 degrees.

The morning in Phoenix provided no rest from the high temperatures as residents woke up to a scorching 95 degrees.
That high-low Broke the previous Daily Record set four years ago when the temperature was 92 degrees.

[......]

www.azcentral.com

Phoenix reaches 110 degrees for 30 days in a row, extending streak

On Saturday, temperatures at Phoenix Sky Harbor hit 110 degrees extending the streak to 30 days in a row. Cooler temperatures are on the way.
www.azcentral.com
Photos: Arizona weather 2023

`

50 years to break the record....and we've been pumping CO2 into the atm the whole time.

Not to mention May 2023 was the coolest in 30 years (and probably even longer).

Only one day actually set a single day record.

For those of us who live in Phoenix, it was business as usual.

50 years to break the record....and we've been pumping CO2 into the atm the whole time.

Not to mention May 2023 was the coolest in 30 years (and probably even longer).

Only one day actually set a single day record.

For those of us who live in Phoenix, it was business as usual.
We're breaking ALL TIME records.
The hottest GLOBAL Temps in 100,000 Years.
Phuck Phoenix (and you 12 IQ asshole.)
`

Phoenix officially records Hottest month Ever, sets National Record for July 2023

The Valley's sizzling hot month has finally come to an end, but with that in mind, July is also looking to be a bit of a scorcher. Kylee Cruz reports.
By Kylee Cruz
Published: Aug. 1, 2023 at 9:43 AM EDT|Updated: Aug. 1, 2023 at 9:44 AM EDT

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- July 2023 will go down in the history book as the Hottest month Ever in Phoenix and the Hottest month Ever recorded in a US city, according to the state’s climatologist.

Arizona State Climatologist Dr. Erinanne Saffell says Phoenix broke the national hottest month record set by Lake Havasu in July 1996. During that month, the Arizona city’s average monthly temperature was 102.2. Phoenix’s average monthly temperature was 102.7 in July 2023, half a degree above the Lake Havasu record. Since this is a U.S. city record, Death Valley isn’t included in these stats.

“I think beyond the Phoenix metropolitan area, many people in the Southwest are going to remember this July as the hottest July on record for them,” Saffell said.

Our average high was 114.7 and our average low was 90.8 for the month. Phoenix broke many heat records in July, including the most consecutive days with morning lows in the 90s. Sky Harbor recorded a 16-day stretch of morning lows in the 90s.

“I think it’s important to recognize how that built up so we had that really strong ridge of high pressure that impacted more than just the Phoenix metropolitan area. The Southwest was impacted as well. We need that ridge of high pressure in Arizona to bring us our thunderstorms, but we had a delayed monsoon,” Saffell said.

Saffell says the urban heat island in the Phoenix metro also played a role since it doesn’t allow us to cool off overnight. Phoenix also recorded 3 days of 119 temps last month and 4 days of 118. In fact, 17 days in July were at or above 115, but don’t expect August to be much cooler. Thirty days in July recorded highs of at least 110 degrees.
“It still looks when we’re looking at that long-term trend to be warmer and drier this summer,” Saffell added.

As of Monday morning, Arizona’s Family First Alert Weather 7-day forecast shows 6 of the next 7 days at 110+.

Arizona Extreme Heat
0:36

39 heat-related deaths confirmed in Maricopa County

1:29
Yuma farmer dies on the job, leaves behind wife and kids

1:24
25 heat-related deaths confirmed in Maricopa County

0:57
El Niño year could bring big shifts to weather in Arizona

1:52
Heat-related deaths rise in Maricopa County

2:20
Arizona's heat affects EV batteries about the same as gas vehicles

2:10
Addressing outdoor working conditions at Sky Harbor

1:17
Phoenix homeowner helps pregnany mail carrier

3:28
How long does it take to melt ice in the Phoenix heat wave?

3:02
How substance abuse is impacting number of heat deaths in Arizona

2:00
Phoenix Zoo finding creative ways to keep animals cool

1:56
Phoenix Rescue Mission helps homeless during the heat

2:27
Thousands have power restored after car crash in Mesa area

3:54
Protecting your pets during the dog days of summer

1:48
APS works to keep Phoenix area powered during excessive heat

4:09
Phoenix Fire working to keep hikers safe during near-record heat wave

4:20
Study finds 'cool pavement' in Phoenix makes people hotter

3:18
Phoenix, Chandler ERs seeing rise in heat-related hospitalizations

2:01
How the extreme heat affects our bodies

2:21
How the extreme heat can take a toll on your mental health
See a spelling or grammatical error in our story? Please click here to report it.
Do you have a photo or video of a breaking news story? Send
it to us here with a brief description.
Copyright 2023 KTVK/KPHO. All rights reserved.

``

We're breaking ALL TIME records.
The hottest GLOBAL Temps in 100,000 Years.
Phuck Phoenix (and you 12 IQ asshole.)
`

Sorry, but that means nothing to us in the area.

The temperatures we are dealing with are nothing new.

The RECORD you have your underwear in a bunch over is consecutive days above 110. Everyone here is laughing. It's July in Phoenix.

People are flocking to the area. Not sure what 3rd world hole you live in, but I am sure it suites you.

That "crappy colder-than-hell winter" was brought to you by the pacific southwest who hasn't had a winter since 2011. Tornado season is going to be bad this year.

And he was wrong on that account.

Folks like he and abu afak are talking out their bellybuttons (give the location of their heads).

Sorry, but that means nothing to us in the area.
You're not on the planet Earth?
The temperatures we are dealing with are nothing new.
For a great many places, including the planet as a whole, they are.
The RECORD you have your underwear in a bunch over is consecutive days above 110. Everyone here is laughing. It's July in Phoenix.
I have to agree with you that it is being a bit overblown. The world is undeniably getting hotter and that will unavoidably involve more and more record-breaking heat spells. There are damned few people left that don't accept global warming, whether or not they agree with science as to its cause.
People are flocking to the area. Not sure what 3rd world hole you live in, but I am sure it suites you.
People are still flocking to Florida and we've got Ron DeSantis. There's no accounting for tastes. But none of that has anything to do with the climate science. Remember, as I've been told a hundred times, science is not a popularity contest.

You're not on the planet Earth?

Useless (and meaningless) records are just that....useless and meaningless.

For a great many places, including the planet as a whole, they are.

Well, I'd ask you to define what "a great many places" means, but I won't. I know that in some countries the record highs were 20 years ago and in some cases they were 50 years ago.

The world is undeniably getting hotter and that will unavoidably involve more and more record-breaking heat spells.

When Phoenix runs this gauntlet five years in a row, I'll buy in. Coming off of the one of the coolest Mays (and early Junes) on record, people around here are wondering just what the fuss is about. But then again, nobody was talking about "warming" during those times.

Remember, as I've been told a hundred times, science is not a popularity contest.

Yes, for some reason, you seem to think that super stupid messaging WON'T turn people off to the message. Or that saying that one day oil execs will be treated as criminals isn't going to screw up the facing of the product. Or that Al Gore and his dumbassed predictions don't impact your credibility when you say "he isn't a scientist". Keep repeating it to yourself. The so-called "denier" cohort seems to be running the show. And you can spontaneously combust knowing that you were "right".

Yes, for some reason, you seem to think that super stupid messaging WON'T turn people off to the message. Or that saying that one day oil execs will be treated as criminals isn't going to screw up the facing of the product. Or that Al Gore and his dumbassed predictions don't impact your credibility when you say "he isn't a scientist". Keep repeating it to yourself. The so-called "denier" cohort seems to be running the show. And you can spontaneously combust knowing that you were "right".
Do you accept that the world is getting warmer? I think from your past comments that you do, but I'd like to be clear about your position.

I don't think anyone could objectively describe all my "messaging" here as "super stupid". I have never said that oil execs will be treated as criminals, though look at what happened to tobacco industry folks for the same activities. The ONLY people still talking about Al Gore at AGW deniers.

And then there's your characterization of this as a "product".

The closest thing any of us have to the truth on this matter says the world is getting warmer and the primary cause is human GHG emissions. The world getting warmer as quickly as it has and will continue to do so is going to have a lot of unpleasant consequences. I may not be the best Cassandra here, but these sorts of comments you're making are in no one's best interest.

True, weather is NOT climate.
But Continent-sprawling Record highs are unlikely if we're "cooling" as a few Wackos here claim.
I'll spare you separate threads
The State Journal-Register-2 minutes ago​
Springfield hits record high temperature for second straight day ... in a row Monday, the city of Springfield reached record-high temperatures.​
The Topeka Capital-Journal-20 hours ago​
The National Weather Service reported that Topeka tied the record-high temperaturefor May 13 at 92 degrees. The temperature was at its ...​
The Denver Post-May 10, 2018​
Denver's sun-baked Thursday officially broke a record high when temperaturesreached 87 degrees at Denver International Airport at 12:30 ...​
KING5.com-11 hours ago​
It's not summer yet, but nobody told Mother Nature. Seattle broke a high-temperature record Sunday, hitting 85 degrees at Sea-Tac by 5:46 p.m. ...​
The Grand Junction Daily Sentinel-May 10, 2018​
The thermometer surpassed 90 degrees in Grand Junction on Thursday for the first time this year, setting a record at 91, as abnormally warm ...​
Patch.com-1 hour ago​
On the heels of yesterdays record high, you've managed to set a record high minimum temperature this morning. It bests the previous record of ...​
FOX31 Denver-May 10, 2018​
Denver last year had 48 days with the high of at least 90 degrees and two days at 100 degrees. DIA, where official temperatures are recorded, ...​
Las Vegas Review-Journal-May 9, 2018​
By Sunday temperatures will start to rise again, with a forecast high near 85 degrees. Monday's forecast high is 89 degrees, the weather service ...​
Local Source-KTNV Las Vegas-May 9, 2018​
Bloomberg-May 3, 2018​
Last year, temperatures hit 90 or more three times, with the most in 1939 and 1991, with five times each. The highest temperature recorded was ...​
Patch.com-May 3, 2018[​
KTAR.com-May 6, 2018​
PHOENIX — The National Weather Service has declared a record high temperaturefor May 6 at 106 degrees, breaking the record of 105 set in ...​
Local Source-AZFamily-May 6, 2018​
Pueblo Chieftain-May 10, 2018​
The sun beamed bright Thursday, splashing down enough heat to set a record high temperature of 93 degrees for May 10. According to the ...​
The Decatur Daily-17 minutes ago​
The temperature in Huntsville reached 94 degrees today, breaking the record high of 93 set in 1943, said Jennifer Saari, a meteorologist with ...​
AL.com-10 hours ago​
`
No different than previous interglacial periods. In fact, this one is cooler than the previous interglacial periods. With 26ft shallower seas no less.

I work in a Florida prison with no AC. It's been horrible this year. Ugh...

Forum List

Back