Record heat all across the U.S.

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Record-setting heat not over yet
Alan Gomez, USA TODAY

Summer heat waves are expected in the South. But in Michigan?
Cities in Wisconsin and Michigan and all the way down to Texas and Florida have been smashing heat records this week: concrete roads buckled, one person was found dead and seven show dogs died. "Records will continue to roll in," said James Wilson, a meteorologist at The Weather Channel.

Wilson said a wide swath of the country is experiencing temperatures ranging 10 to 15 degrees above average.

Some record-setting temperatures set on Wednesday: 96 degrees in Grand Rapids, Mich.; 95 in Traverse City, Mich.; 105 in Austin; 104 in Houston; and 106 in Waco, breaking a record.

Record-setting heat not over yet - USATODAY.com

Record Heat Eyed This Week
High Pressure To Send Mercury Into Possible Record Territory

July 5, 2009

PHOENIX -- Drier air will keep the monsoon at bay, with strong high pressure paving the way for possible record-breaking heat later this week, CBS 5 meteorologists said on Sunday.

Temperatures of 112 degrees or hotter are expected Friday through Sunday, forecasters said.

With no significant moisture expected to return anytime soon, the weather models suggest the coming week could turn out to be the hottest stretch of temperatures this year, weather experts said.

Highs today could reach 110 degrees. From Monday through Thursday, daytime highs are expected to range from 104 to 109.

Record Heat Eyed This Week - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

SACRAMENTO, CA - Expect scorching high temperatures over the Central Valley, delta and foothills.

News10 Microcast Meteorologist Patty Souza said highs ranged from 106 to 110 Sunday afternoon breaking several records, with more heat anticipated for Monday. Souza said a strong ridge of high pressure had built over the western U.S. bringing very hot and dry conditions along with poor air quality.

Expect Another Scorcher Today | News10.net | Sacramento, California | Local News

New Orleans has record heat day

Associated Press - June 25, 2009 2:34 PM ET

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - New Orleans had a record day Wednesday - in terms of temperatures.

Audubon Park recorded an afternoon all-time high of 104 degrees.

At the New Orleans airport, which records the National Weather Service's official reading, the thermometer hit 100, breaking the daily record by 4 degrees. That was 2 degrees short of the record 102 set on Aug. 22, 1980.

The normal temperature for this time of year is 90.

New Orleans has record heat day - WXVT-TV Delta News - More Local News and Weather WXVT.com |

I live near Phillly. I've had the AC on once so far this year. It's freakin' July 5. No hazy, no hot, no humid. Pleasant, lovely weather. Low 80's all this week, low humidity.

If this is what the gw loons call climate change, I'll take it.

Records broken as temps hit all-time high
By Ken Kaye

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

June 22, 2009

SOUTH FLORIDA - South Florida sweated through one of its hottest days ever on Monday as the mercury soared to 100 degrees in Fort Lauderdale, tying the all-time record for that city, set on Aug 4, 1944.

Other heat records, from Miami to West Palm Beach, also fell.

Records broken as temps hit all-time high - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Heat wave breaks a record for second day in row

Seattle temperatures hit record-breaking highs for the second day in a row, reaching 91 degrees today, one degree higher than the previous June 4 record, set in 1989.

Seattle temperatures hit record-breaking highs for the second day in a row, reaching 91 degrees today, one degree higher than the previous June 4 record, set in 1989.

But the heat wave seems to be over. A marine push, a meteorology term for cool air rolling off the Pacific Ocean, should cool the city down about 10 degrees by Friday morning.

Seattle has seen unusually warm weather since late May, according to the National Weather Service. Normal highs for this time of year are in the upper 60s.

Local News | Heat wave breaks a record for second day in row | Seattle Times Newspaper

I live near Phillly. I've had the AC on once so far this year. It's freakin' July 5. No hazy, no hot, no humid. Pleasant, lovely weather. Low 80's all this week, low humidity.

If this is what the gw loons call climate change, I'll take it.

Heck yeah, we are enjoying the low humidity this summer.

Fricken cris/kirk---there's gotta be something worse than neg repping the idiot. :lol:

can we moon him or something ?

Fricken cris/kirk---there's gotta be something worse than neg repping the idiot. :lol:

can we moon him or something ?
cartmanmoon.gif

Forum List

Back