Record heat all across the U.S.

Meacham, OR had the lowest temp in the nation a few days ago.

And here in my neck of the woods, where we were sweating for weeks on end last year, it's been cloudy, breezy and unseasonably cold all summer.

And that is quite the normal for Meacham. I was in John Day over the Fourth of July weekend, and it was normally hot, with refreshing thunderstorms. High 90s in the day, high 50s and low 60s at night. The night temps were a bit warmer than normal for that area. Snow almost gone on the ridges. More thunderstorms and rain that usual, so the hay and alfalfa are doing great. Second cutting being put up right now, and maybe a third on the way.

Global temperatures have fallen over the last decade.

The EPA knows it and has proactively suppressed the reporting of the fact.

You are a blatant liar, Christine.

How do you KNOW that, exactly, Dude?

I'm not saying that you are wrong.

I am merely asking you to explain how YOU KNOW that there is a cabal of climatologists and meteorologists who are in on some massive conspiracy to lie to us about the earth's overall temperature.

Global temperatures have fallen over the last decade.

The EPA knows it and has proactively suppressed the reporting of the fact.

You are a blatant liar, Christine.

How do you KNOW that, exactly, Dude?

I'm not saying that you are wrong.

I am merely asking you to explain how YOU KNOW that there is a cabal of climatologists and meteorologists who are in on some massive conspiracy to lie to us about the earth's overall temperature.
The recently spiked EPA study finds that global temps have fallen since 2000. Do you exclude findings that tell you what you don't want to hear??

And it's not a conspiracy, it's an echo chamber clique which also excludes all contravening evidence.

All I know is that here in Toledo, I've only had the AC running for a few days so far this summer, and I could have gone without it. The kids are complaining because it isn't warm enough to go swimming yet.

The combined global land and ocean surface average temperature for February 2009 was the ninth warmest since records began in 1880, according to an analysis by NOAA's National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.

NCDC: Climate of 2009 - February

Dud, (and the rageaholic elvis) you have zero credibility with your baseless claims, you either lie to piss people off, or you're completely ignorant of the facts...no knee-jerk over reactions, just common sense and sustainability...

June 10, 2009

The May 2009 temperature for the contiguous United States was above the long-term average, based on records going back to 1895, according to an analysis by NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C.

The average May temperature of 62.5 degrees F was 1.4 degrees F above the 20th Century average. Precipitation across the contiguous United States in May averaged 3.22 inches, which is 0.35 inch above the 1901-2000 average.

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - NOAA: U.S. Temperature Warmer than Average for May

This was the OP of this thread from July 5th, 2009 at 09:11 PM.
Record-setting heat not over yet
Alan Gomez, USA TODAY

Summer heat waves are expected in the South. But in Michigan?
Cities in Wisconsin and Michigan and all the way down to Texas and Florida have been smashing heat records this week: concrete roads buckled, one person was found dead and seven show dogs died. "Records will continue to roll in," said James Wilson, a meteorologist at The Weather Channel.

Wilson said a wide swath of the country is experiencing temperatures ranging 10 to 15 degrees above average.

Some record-setting temperatures set on Wednesday: 96 degrees in Grand Rapids, Mich.; 95 in Traverse City, Mich.; 105 in Austin; 104 in Houston; and 106 in Waco, breaking a record.

Record-setting heat not over yet - USATODAY.com

Looks like James was right the records continue to roll in...record LOW temperatures.

I wonder if that's what he meant ? :lol:

Last edited:
Record-setting heat not over yet
Alan Gomez, USA TODAY

Summer heat waves are expected in the South. But in Michigan?
Cities in Wisconsin and Michigan and all the way down to Texas and Florida have been smashing heat records this week: concrete roads buckled, one person was found dead and seven show dogs died. "Records will continue to roll in," said James Wilson, a meteorologist at The Weather Channel.

Wilson said a wide swath of the country is experiencing temperatures ranging 10 to 15 degrees above average.

Some record-setting temperatures set on Wednesday: 96 degrees in Grand Rapids, Mich.; 95 in Traverse City, Mich.; 105 in Austin; 104 in Houston; and 106 in Waco, breaking a record.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/extremes/2009-06-24-heat_N.htm

Temperature Highlights
•The May 2009 combined global land and ocean surface temperature was 0.95 degrees F (0.53 degrees C) above the 20th century average of 58.6 degrees F (14.8 degrees C).
•Separately, the global land surface temperature was 1.19 degrees F (0.66 degrees C) above the 20th century average of 52.0 degrees F (11.1 degrees C), the eighth warmest for May on record.
•The global ocean surface temperature was 0.86 degrees F (0.48 degrees C) above the 20th century average of 61.3 degrees F (16.3 degrees C), the third warmest for May on record.
•For the year to date, the global combined land and ocean surface temperature of 56.5 degrees F (13.6 degrees C) tied with 2003 for the sixth warmest January-May period on record. This value is 0.97 degrees F (0.54 degrees C) above the 20th century average.

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - NOAA: Fourth Warmest May for Globe

Record Heat Eyed This Week
High Pressure To Send Mercury Into Possible Record Territory

July 5, 2009

Current (15:45 EST July 19, 2009) US heat index. States not colored are below 80 degree heat index.

actheat_440x297.jpg

In Indiana the comments are that the weather is "autumn-like"

Last edited:
Record Heat Eyed This Week
High Pressure To Send Mercury Into Possible Record Territory

July 5, 2009

Current (15:45 EST July 19, 2009) US heat index. States not colored are below 80 degree heat index.

actheat_440x297.jpg

Yes, it usually gets cooler in the evening.

1. Learn how to read military time. 15.45 is afternoon.

2. Learn a bit about meteorology. Afternoon temps are the highest of the day, it doesn't normally start cooling until a few hours after sunset. Coldest point in the day is just after sunrise.

actheat_440x297.jpg

2. Learn a bit about meteorology. Afternoon temps are the highest of the day, it doesn't normally start cooling until a few hours after sunset. Coldest point in the day is just after sunrise.

Dear, when I posted that It WAS 3:45 in afternoon, and it had just been updated at that time and was the hottest part of the day. You must be very desperate to post SOMETHING to appear really really smart, but do wake up first won't you?
And let's be clear about something else: The map shown on this page and that I imaged is being updated as we watch,

Thank you for your alertness, KK

PS and by the way notice that I adjusted out for DLST saying the time was EST, or Eastern Standard Time as shown by my time stamp which said 4:44.

Last edited:

Dear, when I posted that It WAS 3:45 in afternoon, and it had just been updated at that time and was the hottest part of the day. You must be very desperate to post SOMETHING to appear really really smart, but do wake up first won't you?
And let's be clear about something else: The map shown on this page and that I imaged is being updated as we watch,

:eusa_eh: Um ... I'm a bit confused by this response ... what was to who?

:eusa_eh: Um ... I'm a bit confused by this response ... what was to who?

Let me try to straighten it out. When I posted the map it was 3:45 in the afternoon EST. When Chris commented it was 2:00 AM and cooler, and the map reflected that temperature change. Without taking into account or knowing that last bit of information all comments were valid. I apologize to you KK for misunderstanding what seemed to me to be confusing my understanding of military time.

Have you been to Maine recently?

Yes very recently.

It's been cold overcast and rainy.

Meanwhile the center of the nation is breaking records for heat all over the place.

Both events prove nothing whatever about the GLOBAL CLIMATE, do they?

Have you been to Maine recently?

Yes very recently.

It's been cold overcast and rainy.

Meanwhile the center of the nation is breaking records for heat all over the place.

Both events prove nothing whatever about the GLOBAL CLIMATE, do they?
NO they don't Ed, but when the Global Climate Change adherents make capital out of it, it is legitimate for the other side to likewise do it too.....eh?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back