Rebellion at NY Times newsroom to walk out after decrying direction of paper

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Exhausted and demoralized after repeated buyouts and cutbacks in the newsroom, it seems the downtrodden journalists at the New York Times have finally had enough: In a pair of letters delivered to executive editor Dean Baquet and managing editor Joseph Kahn, the News Guild of New York said the New York Times editorial staff will leave the newsroom on Thursday as a demonstration of solidarity as management threatens jobs, according to MarketWatch.

Rebellion At The NYTimes: Newsroom To Walk Out After "Decrying Direction Of Paper" | Zero Hedge
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO they've been getting away with bs-ing the public for so long and now that they've been caught the temper tantrums begin bahahah.

Exhausted and demoralized after repeated buyouts and cutbacks in the newsroom, it seems the downtrodden journalists at the New York Times have finally had enough: In a pair of letters delivered to executive editor Dean Baquet and managing editor Joseph Kahn, the News Guild of New York said the New York Times editorial staff will leave the newsroom on Thursday as a demonstration of solidarity as management threatens jobs, according to MarketWatch.

Rebellion At The NYTimes: Newsroom To Walk Out After "Decrying Direction Of Paper" | Zero Hedge
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO they've been getting away with bs-ing the public for so long and now that they've been caught the temper tantrums begin bahahah.

they probably are clueless that Dean Baquet and Joe Kahn are connected to the CIA. :biggrin: I would say thats a pretty safe bet anyways.:biggrin:

I read the letter one copy editor wrote and its answer from the editor. Will be interested in seeing how this truns out. I don't think it bodes well for the employees.

They can grab new names out of a phone book and get more competent people, and fewer fools.

Zero Hedge????

NBC? CNN? NYT? CBS? MSN? MSNBC? RACHEL MADDOW?///////////////// yeah Zero Hedge another NON full of chit source.

Ever notice you trendy liberals have been so indoctrinated that each and everyone of you can only use the source as a debate point, Ever notice every single one of you who think the same sources are fake are the very same ones who can't see what is right in front of them and deny the truth.

You see GMO's why can't you pick up on the rest of that.

Since you and Odium hang out at the same outhouses, why don't you stop posting the same stories as the other?

Turd Blossom
upload_2017-6-29_16-0-26.png

I don't understand this term "Failing New York Times"... Numbers show an increase in both the stock value and in subscriptions. Record growth since election day... So what exactly is failing?

Trump says NYT 'failing' -- but stock up 30% since election

It's simple. Their page hits are up because everyone is quoting their made up news and fantasies... Nobody can pass up a big disaster like that. It's epic and historic.. Can't look away from a good crash..

The NYT readership numbers really took a hit when everyone stopped using outhouses, their only real reason for existence.

I don't understand this term "Failing New York Times"... Numbers show an increase in both the stock value and in subscriptions. Record growth since election day... So what exactly is failing?

It's simple. Their page hits are up because everyone is quoting their made up news and fantasies... Nobody can pass up a big disaster like that. It's epic and historic.. Can't look away from a good crash..
And the stock prices??

Nobody will notice any difference if these LIB pussies at NYT stay out for six months.

And the stock prices??

ALL stock prices are up since the election dupe. Even the dogs..

And the stock prices??

Just listen to yourself... subscriptions are up and you say it's because people want to "see the accident". Stock is up and you say it just because of the market... how am I supposed to take those answers seriously... so why exactly is it failing?

And the stock prices??

Just listen to yourself... subscriptions are up and you say it's because people want to "see the accident". Stock is up and you say it just because of the market... how am I supposed to take those answers seriously... so why exactly is it failing?

It's failing BIGGLY at journalism and wasting it's reputation. I don't know WHAT subscriptions they are counting. Just this week they announced a round of brutal layoffs. They've been rescued TWICE from the brink of disaster. It's not like they are WORTH a lot at this time.

Subscriptions (especially Inet ones) ALWAYS go up in election years. You go throw a big buy-in at them with YOUR money ---- OK ??? Not on my list of "preferred investments". They got Carlos Slim to bail them out with Mexican cell phone Monopoly money. I half expect they're near needing another round.

Forum List

Back