Reasons to explore space and use it!

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Outside of all the massive spin offs we've gotten from our space program!!! NASA spin-off technologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How we have benefited from NASA's 50 years

NASA spinoffs: Bringing space tech to Earth -- GCN

Which my friends has added many trillions of bucks to our economy and has increased the wealth of humanity many times that!

Things we all enjoy!

1. Unlimited resources of metals, water and everything.
1a. 3 times as much water then earth on Europa.
1b. One asteroid could have trillions of dollars worth of metals. The living standard of the world could go up dozens of times and all of humanity could live like us Americans. Space is the only way to do that without worrying about resources.
2. Investing in telescopes give humanity the ability to spot asteroids and comets. This allows us unlike any other creature in the history of our planet to defend ourselfs. A huge bonus I'd say.
3. The ability to move off planet if we really had too. There's asteroids 100-500 miles in diameter that we can't defend from and much more.(Black holes, starless planets, white dwarfs, bow shocks, etc)
3a. The ability to find habital planets around other stars could give us a chance to move to one!
3b. With the investment in space we will easily be able to put the resources into space to make such a move.
4. KNOWLEDGE! Don't you want to know what is out there? How many planets, how many habital planets and why things work the way they do? Any forward thinking civilized people that are really great typically do! It is within our nature as a species..The Mayans, inca, eygptions and Romans all put huge affords into astronomy.
5. Freedom as a species. We don't have to worry about being wiped out, we're better prepared and have a lot more resources. There's no downside.
6. Our children want to study space, become physicist and planetary experts that are paid much more then the burger flipper! So our living standards go up right here on earth for us all.

When we give up on being a forward thinking people is when we're no longer great.

Here is some more reasons 10 reasons we should be exploring space

Last edited:
Outside of all the massive spin offs we've gotten from our space program!!! NASA spin-off technologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How we have benefited from NASA's 50 years

NASA spinoffs: Bringing space tech to Earth -- GCN

Which my friends has added many trillions of bucks to our economy and has increased the wealth of humanity many times that!

Things we all enjoy!

1. Unlimited resources of metals, water and everything.
1a. 3 times as much water then earth on Europa.
1b. One asteroid could have trillions of dollars worth of metals. The living standard of the world could go up dozens of times and all of humanity could live like us Americans. Space is the only way to do that without worrying about resources.
2. Investing in telescopes give humanity the ability to spot asteroids and comets. This allows us unlike any other creature in the history of our planet to defend ourselfs. A huge bonus I'd say.
3. The ability to move off planet if we really had too. There's asteroids 100-500 miles in diameter that we can't defend from and much more.(Black holes, starless planets, white dwarfs, bow shocks, etc)
3a. The ability to find habital planets around other stars could give us a chance to move to one!
3b. With the investment in space we will easily be able to put the resources into space to make such a move.
4. KNOWLEDGE! Don't you want to know what is out there? How many planets, how many habital planets and why things work the way they do? Any forward thinking civilized people that are really great typically do! It is within our nature as a species..The Mayans, inca, eygptions and Romans all put huge affords into astronomy.
5. Freedom as a species. We don't have to worry about being wiped out, we're better prepared and have a lot more resources. There's no downside.
6. Our children want to study space, become physicist and planetary experts that are paid much more then the burger flipper! So our living standards go up right here on earth for us all.

When we give up on being a forward thinking people is when we're no longer great.

Here is some more reasons 10 reasons we should be exploring space

I'm reading a book about John Quincy Adams, and he stated that Astronomy should be pursued as the most important of the sciences. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. He was just a little ahead of his time for a mostly farming community.

All I can say is, you better stop supporting Marxists and Communists who want to bring down American capitalism. The only chance you have of seeing this dream come true is through a vibrant and burgeoning economy where there is plenty of wealth to throw around. In the next 15 years, our government is going to have to make some serious choices as to how we care for millions of people on Social Security because the funds are running out. You think we're gonna let old folks starve while you shoot rockets off to Europa?: ...Not gonna happen.

Now, it sounds like you've put together a good sales pitch. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get some private sector investors and forward-thinking entrepreneurs to jump in. I think, realistically, this is the way 21st century space exploration gets done. After all, it's been over 40 years since we had a man on the moon. It's just too expensive and we have advanced technology to the point we can send robots and accomplish so much for so much less.

As for going to live on other planets around other stars... you're never going to see that happen. We don't have the technology to do it and it's nowhere on the horizon. Even a simple manned mission to Mars would be a challenge.

Forum List

Back