Reason For Terrorism

us presence in the middle east......

it's a lot more than just a presence. we've been meddling in the M.E. for the better part of a century. Our policies have been poor, our choice of "friends" even worse.

Look what we have here! Clearly this poster has been masquerading as a conservative his entire time here and only now is showing his true colors, that of a pinko, commie, blame America first, freedom hater!

Hey, good find Bfgrn, that stuff Ron Paul was saying seemed to make sense. I didn't know the GOP used to be a keep out of others business party, I wonder why they changed. And regarding 'blame america' some people keep saying like it's a bad thing to do, if it is america's fault why can't you blame america?

us presence in the middle east......

Ding! Ding! Ding!

And what do we have for the winner, Johnny?

Why it's a first class ticket to Red China where he can kill babies with the rest of the rational ... erm ... I mean blame America first crowd.

You don't believe that our foreign policy could possibly have any effect on the hatred that some of these people feel towards us?

Eliminate Islam and you eliminate 3/4 of violent conflict in the world now, and for the past 2500 years.

Um, I think there's only 1 out of 80+ conflicts in the world right now where muslims aren't the aggressors.

Islam is waging pretty much every war on the planet currently.

Wonder why the whole world dosen't hate Germany? doyathink?

Probably because Hitler's been out of power since the 1940's.

oh so it's the power thing? jealousy? hey! Germany has been responsible for two world wars and millions and millions of deaths.. go figure.. Okay,, Backe to the BLAME AMERICA FIRST meeting

people are pissed cause America has power.. whoda thunk it??

Well..perhaps it makes sense to ask Bin Laden why he wants to terrorize America, eh?

w2a.gif

blank.gif

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Sans-serif]ABC reporter John Miller recounts his May 1998 hour-long interview with Osama Bin Laden at his mountaintop camp in southern Afghanistan. The interview took place a little more than two months before Al Qaeda's truckbombings of the two U.S. embassies in East Africa. [/FONT]

"The American imposes himself on everyone. Americans accuse our children in Palestine of being terrorists--those children, who have no weapons and have not even reached maturity. At the same time, Americans defend a country, the state of the Jews, that has a policy to destroy the future of these children. "

"We are sure of our victory against the Americans and the Jews as promised by the Prophet: Judgment day shall not come until the Muslim fights the Jew, where the Jew will hide behind trees and stones, and the tree and the stone will speak and say, 'Muslim, behind me is a Jew. Come and kill him.'"

"Your situation with Muslims in Palestine is shameful--if there is any shame left in America. Houses were demolished over the heads of children. Also, by the testimony of relief workers in Iraq, the American-led sanctions resulted in the death of more than one million Iraqi children. All of this is done in the name of American interests. We believe that the biggest thieves in the world and the terrorists are the Americans. The only way for us to fend off these assaults is to use similar means. We do not worry about American opinion or the fact that they place prices on our heads. We as Muslims believe our fate is set."

After leaving Afghanistan, the Muslim fighters headed for Somalia and prepared for a long battle, thinking that the Americans were like the Russians," bin Laden said. "The youth were surprised at the low morale of the American soldiers and realized more than before that the American soldier was a paper tiger and after a few blows ran in defeat. And America forgot all the hoopla and media propaganda ... about being the world leader and the leader of the New World Order, and after a few blows they forgot about this title and left, dragging their corpses and their shameful defeat."

For the future, bin Laden told me his first priority is to get the American military out of Saudi Arabia, the holiest of lands in Islam.

"Every day the Americans delay their departure, they will receive a new corpse.

Already, U. S. forces have been dealt devastating blows there. Nineteen servicemen were killed in the 1996 bombing of the airforce barracks in Dhahran, and five U. S. military personnel were killed in a similar bombing in Riyadh in 1995. Investigators believe bin Laden is tied at some level to both attacks. Bin Laden said that the American military would leave Saudi Arabia, regardless of the fact that the Saudi royal family welcomes the American presence. "It does not make a difference if the government wants you to stay or leave. You will leave when the youth send you in wooden boxes and coffins. And you will carry in them the bodies of American troops and civilians. This is when you will leave."

Civilians?

"We do not differentiate between those dressed in military uniforms and civilians; they are all targets in this fatwa." Bin Laden argued that American outrage at attacks on American civilians constitutes a great double standard. "American history does not distinguish between civilians and military, not even women and children. They are the ones who used bombs against Nagasaki. Can these bombs distinguish between infants and military? America does not have a religion that will prevent it from destroying all people."

So we tell the Americans as people," bin Laden said softly, "and we tell the mothers of soldiers and American mothers in general that if they value their lives and the lives of their children, to find a nationalistic government that will look after their interests and not the interests of the Jews. The continuation of tyranny will bring the fight to America, as Ramzi Yousef and others did. This is my message to the American people: to look for a serious government that looks out for their interests and does not attack others, their lands, or their honor. And my word to American journalists is not to ask why we did that but ask what their government has done that forced us to defend ourselves."

His last words to the camera were, "It is our duty to lead people to the light."

source

So, for the people who think the problem is caused by america's involvement in the middle east, what would the answer be, completely leave the area alone, including stopping the support for saudi and egypt's currupt regimes? Or is it too late now? I think if the US just went back to the founding fathers ideals in regard to foreign policy it would take many many years, maybe generations to stop them hating us, so we're kinda trapped now?

oh so it's the power thing? jealousy? hey! Germany has been responsible for two world wars and millions and millions of deaths.. go figure.. Okay,, Backe to the BLAME AMERICA FIRST meeting

Germany doesn't currently bomb, occupy, or enact murderous sanctions on Muslim countries, that I'm aware of.

So, for the people who think the problem is caused by america's involvement in the middle east, what would the answer be, completely leave the area alone, including stopping the support for saudi and egypt's currupt regimes? Or is it too late now? I think if the US just went back to the founding fathers ideals in regard to foreign policy it would take many many years, maybe generations to stop them hating us, so we're kinda trapped now?

We stop intervening in their affairs, get our military out of their countries, end all sanctions that only hurt civilians, stop bombing them, and start trying to be diplomatic.

Hey, good find Bfgrn, that stuff Ron Paul was saying seemed to make sense. I didn't know the GOP used to be a keep out of others business party, I wonder why they changed. And regarding 'blame america' some people keep saying like it's a bad thing to do, if it is america's fault why can't you blame america?

A LONG time ago...

Senator Robert Taft, champion of a non-interventionist foreign policy and leader of the Republican resistance to post-FDR foreign policy, gave a stirring speech against conscription in 1946.

RobertTaftStamp.png

"There is one step now proposed, supported by government propaganda, which seems to me to strike at the very basis of freedom. It is the proposal that we establish compulsory military training in time of peace. The power to take a boy from his home and subject him to complete government discipline is the most serious limitation on freedom that can be imagined. Many who have accepted the idea favor a similar government-controlled training for all girls....

Military conscription is essentially totalitarian."

Conscription as an Omen - Mises Economics Blog

What a silly post.

well of course I know that,, DUmmie,, I'm just saying if any country should be hated for the damage it's done over the years it is Germany.. Course it's not within your reason to see any of the good your country has done. only the bad.. that's why you are a card carrying member of the BLAME AMERICA FIRST CLUB
so I'll just tell ya ,, the USA was the country that helped out in WW 1 WW 2 Korea,, Bosnia, Kuwait, and now in Afghanistan and Iraq. And President Bush saved millions of lives in Africa.. . fancy that.. But you go on hating the USA.. it's cool.

Germany doesn't currently bomb, occupy, or enact murderous sanctions on Muslim countries, that I'm aware of.

well of course I know that,, DUmmie,, I'm just saying if any country should be hated for the damage it's done over the years it is Germany.. Course it's not within your reason to see any of the good your country has done. only the bad.. that's why you are a card carrying member of the BLAME AMERICA FIRST CLUB
so I'll just tell ya ,, the USA was the country that helped out in WW 1 WW 2 Korea,, Bosnia, Kuwait, and now in Afghanistan and Iraq. And President Bush saved millions of lives in Africa.. . fancy that.. But you go on hating the USA.. it's cool.

We stop intervening in their affairs, get our military out of their countries, end all sanctions that only hurt civilians, stop bombing them, and start trying to be diplomatic.

That's right, complete capitulation to Islam. Submission! This is exactly what their Koran tells them to demand, and they will laugh at us when we do it.

They kill their own people for converting to Christianity. You honestly think they give a shit about our borders?

Well..perhaps it makes sense to ask Bin Laden why he wants to terrorize America, eh?

w2a.gif

blank.gif

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Sans-serif]ABC reporter John Miller recounts his May 1998 hour-long interview with Osama Bin Laden at his mountaintop camp in southern Afghanistan. The interview took place a little more than two months before Al Qaeda's truckbombings of the two U.S. embassies in East Africa. [/FONT]

"The American imposes himself on everyone. Americans accuse our children in Palestine of being terrorists--those children, who have no weapons and have not even reached maturity. At the same time, Americans defend a country, the state of the Jews, that has a policy to destroy the future of these children. "

"We are sure of our victory against the Americans and the Jews as promised by the Prophet: Judgment day shall not come until the Muslim fights the Jew, where the Jew will hide behind trees and stones, and the tree and the stone will speak and say, 'Muslim, behind me is a Jew. Come and kill him.'"

"Your situation with Muslims in Palestine is shameful--if there is any shame left in America. Houses were demolished over the heads of children. Also, by the testimony of relief workers in Iraq, the American-led sanctions resulted in the death of more than one million Iraqi children. All of this is done in the name of American interests. We believe that the biggest thieves in the world and the terrorists are the Americans. The only way for us to fend off these assaults is to use similar means. We do not worry about American opinion or the fact that they place prices on our heads. We as Muslims believe our fate is set."

After leaving Afghanistan, the Muslim fighters headed for Somalia and prepared for a long battle, thinking that the Americans were like the Russians," bin Laden said. "The youth were surprised at the low morale of the American soldiers and realized more than before that the American soldier was a paper tiger and after a few blows ran in defeat. And America forgot all the hoopla and media propaganda ... about being the world leader and the leader of the New World Order, and after a few blows they forgot about this title and left, dragging their corpses and their shameful defeat."

For the future, bin Laden told me his first priority is to get the American military out of Saudi Arabia, the holiest of lands in Islam.

"Every day the Americans delay their departure, they will receive a new corpse.

Already, U. S. forces have been dealt devastating blows there. Nineteen servicemen were killed in the 1996 bombing of the airforce barracks in Dhahran, and five U. S. military personnel were killed in a similar bombing in Riyadh in 1995. Investigators believe bin Laden is tied at some level to both attacks. Bin Laden said that the American military would leave Saudi Arabia, regardless of the fact that the Saudi royal family welcomes the American presence. "It does not make a difference if the government wants you to stay or leave. You will leave when the youth send you in wooden boxes and coffins. And you will carry in them the bodies of American troops and civilians. This is when you will leave."

Civilians?

"We do not differentiate between those dressed in military uniforms and civilians; they are all targets in this fatwa." Bin Laden argued that American outrage at attacks on American civilians constitutes a great double standard. "American history does not distinguish between civilians and military, not even women and children. They are the ones who used bombs against Nagasaki. Can these bombs distinguish between infants and military? America does not have a religion that will prevent it from destroying all people."

So we tell the Americans as people," bin Laden said softly, "and we tell the mothers of soldiers and American mothers in general that if they value their lives and the lives of their children, to find a nationalistic government that will look after their interests and not the interests of the Jews. The continuation of tyranny will bring the fight to America, as Ramzi Yousef and others did. This is my message to the American people: to look for a serious government that looks out for their interests and does not attack others, their lands, or their honor. And my word to American journalists is not to ask why we did that but ask what their government has done that forced us to defend ourselves."

His last words to the camera were, "It is our duty to lead people to the light."

source

It is not like he did not give a bit of a warning of his intentions. Then again he did not attack those at the wheel. In this article he also blamed Americans for the deaths of children in Iraq that Saddam had slaughtered with chemicals. In his own mind he is justified. That is the way murderers do though isn't it, make their own justifications for killing people?

BTW, what the hell did Spain do to the Arab world that justifies the bombing of the train in Madrid?

I'm sure they did SOMETHING because we all know, Muslims would NEVER think of bombing without a really good reason...

BTW, what the hell did Spain do to the Arab world that justifies the bombing of the train in Madrid?

I'm sure they did SOMETHING because we all know, Muslims would NEVER think of bombing without a really good reason...

England too,, and all that rioting on the Evil French.. shit now you know they all deserved it oh and don't forget Indonesia and most recently Mumbasi India.. (sp?)

Of course, there must be no dissent over the great military conquests of our government otherwise you hate America! What a ridiculous notion. Questioning your government is as patriotic as anything else.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive." - Thomas Jefferson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

That's right, complete capitulation to Islam. Submission! This is exactly what their Koran tells them to demand, and they will laugh at us when we do it.

They kill their own people for converting to Christianity. You honestly think they give a shit about our borders?

By getting our troops out of places they don't belong and practicing a humble foreign policy we're capitulating to Islam? I doubt it seriously.

Forum List

Back