Really, the gop is protecting women from dangerous abortions

A woman could afford $600 for an abortion, but can't get birth control and avoid pregnancy altogether?

Hmmmm...

A woman could afford $600 for an abortion, but can't get birth control and avoid pregnancy altogether?

Hmmmm...

And you've never engaged in ill considered sex?

Perhaps knowing they will no longer be able to easily exterminate the results of their ill considered sex, people will begin to act more responsibly. Or perhaps they will give birth and experience joy that cannot be describe, and wonder how they could have gone through life without their precious, precious child despite any temporary hardships they had to endure.

Last edited:

Hmmmm...

Perhaps knowing they will no longer be able to easily exterminate the results of their ill considered sex, people will begin to act more responsibly. Or perhaps they will give birth and experience joy and wonder how they could have gone through life without their precious, precious child despite any temporary hardships they had to endure.

Sure that worked out well prior to Roe.

Perhaps knowing they will no longer be able to easily exterminate the results of their ill considered sex, people will begin to act more responsibly. Or perhaps they will give birth and experience joy and wonder how they could have gone through life without their precious, precious child despite any temporary hardships they had to endure.

Roe had no effect on the number of abortions. Repealing it would have no effect on the number of abortions, either. It's all a big dog and pony show.

Nor did Roe impact the number of deaths from back alley abortions as your OP link tries so hard to imply. Back alley abortion deaths were practically zero by the time Roe v Wade rolled around. The "5,000 to 10,000 deaths a year" from back alley abortions prior to Roe v Wade argument was a big lie willfully told by NARAL. They were lying, and knew they were lying. And some pro-abortion sites still repeat that lie.

Last edited:
I am so over abortion. I would never chose it. But have come to the point where I will donate my clothes hangers to not have to pay for your unwanted spawn for the rest of its life.

The Straight Dope: Before Roe v. Wade, did 10,000 women a year die from illegal abortions?
In Aborting America (1979) Nathanson writes: "In NARAL we generally emphasized the drama of the individual case, not the mass statistics, but when we spoke of the latter it was always '5,000 to 10,000 deaths a year.' I confess that I knew the figures were totally false, and I suppose the others did too if they stopped to think of it. But in the 'morality' of our revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?"

Better late than never. For 1972, the last full year before Roe, the federal Centers for Disease Control reported that 39 women died due to illegal abortion. (The death total for all abortions, including legal ones, was 88.)

"...if they stopped to think of it."

No shit. This forum would be much better if more people stopped to think about the crap they blindly parrot.

Last edited:
I am so over abortion. I would never chose it. But have come to the point where I will donate my clothes hangers to not have to pay for your unwanted spawn for the rest of its life.

So money is more important than children for you ,got it!!

I am over the hostage taking. "Pay for my kid or I will kill it."

Roe had no effect on the number of abortions. Repealing it would have no effect on the number of abortions, either. It's all a big dog and pony show.

Nor did Roe impact the number of deaths from back alley abortions as your OP link tries so hard to imply. Back alley abortion deaths were practically zero by the time Roe v Wade rolled around. The "5,000 to 10,000 deaths a year" from back alley abortions prior to Roe v Wade argument was a big lie willfully told by NARAL. They were lying, and knew they were lying. And some pro-abortion sites still repeat that lie.

Normally I'd tell you to piss us a rope, but actually your posting illustrate why I started the thread. The thread's in response to the premise of the left always having to lie and decieve.

Your response was to dismiss the need for abortion because a woman could have afforded contraceptions. I asked whether "you" had had illconsidered sex ... ever. You dissembled to saying no abortion would make "them" consider their ill considered behavior, and then dismissed the harm to women from back allley abortions.

But, of course this thread wasn't about abortion, but the need for idealogues to dissemble.

Oh wait, go piss up a rope

Induced termination of pregnancy before and after Roe v... [JAMA. 1992] - PubMed - NCBI

Nearly half of all abortions are because no birth control was being used during the sex act which led to the unwanted pregnancy. Another significant percentage are because of the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

Clearly, increasing the proper use of birth control would go a long way toward drastically reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

Addtionally, two thirds of Americans are opposed to abortion after the first trimester. That means even a big chunk of people who self-identify as "pro-choice" are pro-life after the first trimester.

But we keep allowing the extremists of both sides of the issue hijack the conversation. Small gains are celebrated when together we could be making huge strides toward reducing the number of abortions.

Forcing a woman to subject herself to a wanding before getting an abortion is not some kind moral victory. It is a dick move.

Forcing people to pay for someone else's birth control is not a moral victory. It is thievery.

Using victims of rape and incest as human shields to protect the million-plus abortions a year is a heinous and sickening tactic.

It's time to meet on the middle ground and work this ongoing atrocity out.

Last edited:

So money is more important than children for you ,got it!!

The well being and resources of my own and other parents who work to provide for their children is certainly more important than supporting the outcomes of wanton, irresponsible actions. If "you" don't want it because you cant afford it why should I ?

It is certainly not something I am willing to spend any more effort and political capital drying defeat.

Outside of isolated circumstances I find it barbaric. But it is the law.

Mark me firmly in the fuck it column from now on.

More women die now from abortions than they did before RvW.

But the medical community and the abortion clinics hide it and lie about it. Because if they admitted it, they would have to admit that it's stupid to tell people they have a *right* to sex without consequences, and they would have to admit that it's stupid to teach children that any sex is good sex, and they would have to admit that they are aiding and abetting the abuse and murder of women and children, for the sake of $$$$.

Last edited:

But the medical community and the abortion clinics hide it and lie about it. Because if they admitted it, they would have to admit that it's stupid to tell people they have a *right* to sex without consequences, and they would have to admit that it's stupid to teach children that any sex is good sex, and they would have to admit that they are aiding and abetting the abuse and murder of women and children, for the sake of $$$$.

Well, there are more abortions. And, I do respect the sincerity of your belief. I just don't agree with the hypocrisy of the restrictions being on the health of the women.

Normally I'd tell you to piss us a rope, but actually your posting illustrate why I started the thread. The thread's in response to the premise of the left always having to lie and decieve.

Your response was to dismiss the need for abortion because a woman could have afforded contraceptions. I asked whether "you" had had illconsidered sex ... ever. You dissembled to saying no abortion would make "them" consider their ill considered behavior, and then dismissed the harm to women from back allley abortions.

But, of course this thread wasn't about abortion, but the need for idealogues to dissemble.

Oh wait, go piss up a rope

Induced termination of pregnancy before and after Roe v... [JAMA. 1992] - PubMed - NCBI

I have a daughter who is the result of not using birth control. My wife was unable to use birth control at the time because she had complications from a recent birth to twins. The twins had nearly killed her. Literally.

We had four month old twins when we found out she was pregnant again. And I had just been laid off from my job.

Every excuse people use to get an abortion, we had it. Too soon after newborn twins. No job. Health of the mother.

But we never even considered abortion even though most of our friends recommended it. In fact, my wife has said she would give birth to a baby even if it was the result of rape. She's more hardcore pro-life than I ever imagined!

We pulled our asses up by our own bootstraps.

So piss up your own rope. You should have read between the lines of my post. Our daughter is the most precious thing in the world to us, and brings us daily joy.

People get abortions mostly to suit their own convenience. They treat their child's life like a candy wrapper to be disposed of.

Last edited:

Well, there are more abortions. And, I do respect the sincerity of your belief. I just don't agree with the hypocrisy of the restrictions being on the health of the women.

On-demand abortion in no way improves the health of women. In fact, it jeopardizes it, and is used to control women and hide abuse.

Hmmmm...

Perhaps knowing they will no longer be able to easily exterminate the results of their ill considered sex, people will begin to act more responsibly. Or perhaps they will give birth and experience joy that cannot be describe, and wonder how they could have gone through life without their precious, precious child despite any temporary hardships they had to endure.

Yes Abortions are a new thing created by all the loosy gooseyness created by the 20th century before then no one had frivolous sex

Yes Abortions are a new thing created by all the loosy gooseyness created by the 20th century before then no one had frivolous sex

I see the strawman you are attempting to build there, but it doesn't stand up.

I frequently point out to homophobes on this forum that, before the age of AIDS, heteros died by the millions for centuries from gonorrhea and syphilis.

I see the strawman you are attempting to build there, but it doesn't stand up.

I frequently point out to homophobes on this forum that, before the age of AIDS, heteros died by the millions for centuries from gonorrhea and syphilis.

How'd that happen? Wasn't everyone full of responsibility then?

I mean geez louise...this new generation doesn't know how to keep it in their pants like they used to do in the olden days

Forum List

Back