Really Dumb Thief

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Some bozo in Miami tried to steal copper wire.

He cut through the wire he was going to take. Right, it was a cable in the ground that was live.

He isn't.

He cut through the wire he was going to take. Right, it was a cable in the ground that was live.

He isn't.
:eusa_clap:

My brother, a deputy chief of police, often says, "Thank God most criminals are below level intelligence, otherwise we'd never catch them." In all fairness he doesn't think that police in general are of the highest IQ holders either. ;)

He isn't.

There's been a rash of that here. They steal the ground wires from the poles and resell the copper at salvage yards. It got so bad you can't do it without a driver's license now, and the sale is videotaped.

Same thing here. But this one got a real shock.

They have gone into the sewers and pulled up cable and phone lines.

His family will file a lawsuit. They will win a very large amount of money. Being a criminal pays pretty well in America... you just need to make sure you get a lawyer to help.

Same thing here. But this one got a real shock.

They have gone into the sewers and pulled up cable and phone lines.

They found one dude hung up BETWEEN the transformers at the top of the pole, still alive.

Maybe it boggles my mind because I'm an electrician and I spend most of my time trying to stay AWAY from live, exposed parts. I can't imagine that it's worth it.

His family will file a lawsuit. They will win a very large amount of money. Being a criminal pays pretty well in America... you just need to make sure you get a lawyer to help.

Won't work. I assume it was a feeder for a dwelling he tried to cut into and it is considered inaccessable to the public when it is buried. Code is 18" deep. It took a conscious act on his part to go after it.

My neighbor had the pipes from one of his rental properties removed. He didn't realize it until the new tenant didn't have any water.

LOL ok

um, the JATO car, was an urban legend
;)
it never happened

snopes.com: JATO Car Embedded in Cliff

Yeah.....I know.....but, as someone who knows what a JATO unit is, as well as what it is used for (helps with the BUFF liftoff), I still gotta rank it up there with the all time best classics for stupidity.

Did ya know that Mythbusters actually did this? They attached rockets onto a car and followed it with a helicopter. Was one of their better episodes!

And....as far as stupid? This dude is right up there in the top 1 percent!

Yeah.....I know.....but, as someone who knows what a JATO unit is, as well as what it is used for (helps with the BUFF liftoff), I still gotta rank it up there with the all time best classics for stupidity.

Did ya know that Mythbusters actually did this? They attached rockets onto a car and followed it with a helicopter. Was one of their better episodes!

And....as far as stupid? This dude is right up there in the top 1 percent!
yeah, i saw the show
it never took off on the first try, then they tried with a ramp to get it tinto the air, and the thing blew up
LOL

Forum List

Back