Really big wind

Marion, you are such a dumb fuck.

Bird_mortality_chart.jpg

Causes of Bird Mortality - Sibley Guides

US
9adfa90f7799473acadd739095c183b7.png

WORLD
wind-energy-growth-forecast.jpg

Projections made in 2008 concluded that total global installed wind capacity would reach 318 GW by 2030. That capacity was surpassed by 2015 and we will pass 520 GW by the end of this year. A terawatt of world wind capacity by 2030 is easily within reach.

By 2030, wind will be a major supplier of electricity, if not the major supplier.

That’s what we need. Huge wind mills EVERYWHERE.

I drove through Palm Springs yesterday. They are everywhere and ugly as hell. I don’t believe they can even provide for the energy needs of the people of Palm Springs.

US

WORLD

Projections made in 2008 concluded that total global installed wind capacity would reach 318 GW by 2030. That capacity was surpassed by 2015 and we will pass 520 GW by the end of this year. A terawatt of world wind capacity by 2030 is easily within reach.

More graph fakery. Not compared against another source of electricity.

I could make my gorgan look like a museum piece if I graphed it just right!:2up:

Only thing that matters is what is the % by generation as compared to non-renewables. Put that on a graph looking 30 years out!:abgg2q.jpg:

By 2030, wind will be a major supplier of electricity, if not the major supplier.

Is that taking into account the rise in usage? In case someone has not noticed we are increasingly adding more and more to our electrical demand. We are overtaxing our aging grid.

Add in the supposed "green" electric cars that everyone seems to think is the wave of the future and I wonder if wind will be a big player.

Is that taking into account the rise in usage? In case someone has not noticed we are increasingly adding more and more to our electrical demand. We are overtaxing our aging grid.

Add in the supposed "green" electric cars that everyone seems to think is the wave of the future and I wonder if wind will be a big player.

Well you will notice all these guys use real vague terms when talking about wind and solar power. Terms like "major", "increased", " greater", "substantial" etc.....are used routinely. Alot of " growth" graphs which can look very impressive until compared to something else. Its stategic use of fakery.....works well with the uninformed suckers of the world.

These people talk about the explosion in popularity of EV's. Sounds impressive until one takes a gander at sales over the past 5 years = laughable.

Btw....Obama's IEA report released in early 2017 projected wind and solar combined will generate less than 10% of our electricity.....in 2040! I guess some call that progress.....idk....I see that and laugh.

That must explain why you have no power lines, telephone poles or street lights within a stone's throw of your house.

US

WORLD

You do know that installed capacity is not the same as actual output don't you?

Wind power on average only produces 25% or less of its installed capacity

Forum List

Back