Reality TV: Why it's a partisan issue

Ewww. A sensitive Jerry? What an ungodly perversion. I like it the way it is now. Dysfuntional trailer trash on parade.

I actually can't stand reality tv. All that survivor, fear factor and two dumb blondes...yuck. However, why would anyone care that it's on tv? If it wasn't successful than it wouldn't be on.

The tv comes with a channel changer and I can lock them so my son doesn't see anything I don't like- what's the point of limiting the choices. I happen to make sure my son watches commercial free tv...i hate all those commercials...and age-appropriate channels like disney, pbskids and noggin (daytime only- remember that thread!).

I do find it sad that with so much ability to do more, the mass of americans seems to congregate over shows like reality tv or the sopranos (which I find beneath contempt) but, hey, obviously I'm in the minority or they wouldn't still be on the tube.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Ewww. A sensitive Jerry? What an ungodly perversion. I like it the way it is now. Dysfuntional trailer trash on parade.

Like I said, it was on at 3am, who the hell else was watching - aside from his present guests :D You could tell his heart wasn't in it.

Originally posted by Moi
I actually can't stand reality tv. All that survivor, fear factor and two dumb blondes...yuck. However, why would anyone care that it's on tv? If it wasn't successful than it wouldn't be on.

The tv comes with a channel changer and I can lock them so my son doesn't see anything I don't like- what's the point of limiting the choices. I happen to make sure my son watches commercial free tv...i hate all those commercials...and age-appropriate channels like disney, pbskids and noggin (daytime only- remember that thread!).

I do find it sad that with so much ability to do more, the mass of americans seems to congregate over shows like reality tv or the sopranos (which I find beneath contempt) but, hey, obviously I'm in the minority or they wouldn't still be on the tube.

Fear Factor is too disgusting for me to watch. I like most of the others. And I do like sopranos, though it is very violence and crime oriented. Why do people like crime so much?

Originally posted by Said1
Like I said, it was on at 3am, who the hell else was watching - aside from his present guests :D You could tell his heart wasn't in it.

I love Springer's Final Thoughts, where he lays a judgement on all the guests. I don't even think the guests understand what he's saying.

I was watching a show about midgets and love triangles, which was part of a best of show. Anyway, at the end of the midget spot, Jerry said something onlong the lines of "talk about to many minutes in the dryer". I almost fell of the couch laughing. FInal thoughts, I'm surprised he still does that.

The popularity of reality tv, as it's called, is dismaying to liberal media elitists. But they're still sick to death that fox cashed in first, behind mtv, of course. The number one ingredient in 99% of all reality tv shows is competition. We all know liberals really don't understand competition; at least in the context of market forces, they're woefully ignorant. This competition, in turn, is what drives people to display the full gamut of human interaction in an effort to manipulate , compete with, and ally with each other.. These are real people, acting for the most part, how real people act. I must say however that most of the contestants are young, beautiful, vain, selfcentered, and volatile. Well adjusted people are just not as fun to watch. Who remembers Norman from season one of MTV's real world?

The libs will say: why this is no better than the base human urge to watch a train wreck and is therefore immoral. To them I say, "no, it's a fairly real unfoldment of real human emotion and drama". And then I ask"You look at train wrecks, don't you." Then they usually lie and say they don't.

Also, these shows are putting writers who usually write the shit dialogue, right out of business. Oh yeah, and those are liberal writers.

Yeah, it's dismaying alright. It's dismaying in its utter lack of any redeeming characteristics. It is as bad as anything the media has put out, and that's going some. It is the absolute nadir of media culture and, coupled with the rest of the dreck being put out by the other networks, it's a sad comentary on the state of our civilization.

It ain't political....it's just crap.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Yeah, it's dismaying alright. It's dismaying in its utter lack of any redeeming characteristics. It is as bad as anything the media has put out, and that's going some. It is the absolute nadir of media culture and, coupled with the rest of the dreck being put out by the other networks, it's a sad comentary on the state of our civilization.

It ain't political....it's just crap.

The shows are not political. Your hatred of them is due to your hatred of free markets and your own inherent elitism. You've made my point beautifully. I knew you would eventually.

T.V. Mama by Johnny Winter recording 1977 resp. 1997 from Nothin' but the Blues (Blue Sky ZK-34813) & White Hot Blues (Sony 65213), copyright notice

Well I laid down last night and I turned my T.V. on
You know I laid down last night I turned my T.V. on
You know as I get old, people but I believe my tube is wrong

Well my baby she was cryin' want me to get my tv fixed
Oh, she was cryin', wanna get my t v fixed
She said a T.V. service and she need it mighty quick by the way

Now well I called the T.V. doctor he came over right away
He said he'll see what he can do here to haul my set away
I told no damn well I'll never do, man if you don't get the picture

I'm gonna do some work on you work a while go ahead now, got my T.V. working
My old tube is like brandnew and now I got my tv workin'
My old tube is like brandnew, yes, come over baby and I show my tube to you haha
How do you like my tune?

:D

TV kicks ass. It and the internet are the closest thing we have to group consciousness. Commies should love it, but they don't, curious. What's life without a mystery?

yes "research" I'm doing research today. Next week I'm on sabbatical.

"You mean vacation?"

NO. sabbatical. It means I'm smarter than you, and the benefits I provide to society are so great that I get credit for working while on vacation.

yes "research" I'm doing research today. Next week I'm on sabbatical.

"You mean vacation?"

NO. sabbatical. It means I'm smarter than you, and the benefits I provide to society are so great that I get credit for working while on vacation.

How do I get me one of them sabbaticals? Do you have to be Jewish:D

Originally posted by Said1
How do I get me one of them sabbaticals? Do you have to be Jewish:D

I don't think so, but you have to be a liberal academic, which are ruled by the jews, of course. So being jewish MAY help.:D

I don't think so, but you have to be a liberal academic, which are ruled by the jews, of course. So being jewish MAY help.:D

How about brain dead British geography professors. Personally, I think he was off in an asylum somewhere, mourning his beloved England - the fall of the REAL empire.

Hey what post is this again?? OH yeah, "Yes, TV loves us, Yes, TV loves us" (sing to the tune of "Yes, Jesus Loves US").

Forum List

Back