Real campaign finance reform=no campaign donations by anyone for any reason!

How about only PEOPLE can donate to a campaign and free airtime for any candidate who gets enough voter signatures.

How about only PEOPLE can donate to a campaign and free airtime for any candidate who gets enough voter signatures.

Becuase businesses are affected by congressional legislation as well.

:eusa_shhh: Don't say that.

It'll make the democrats feel inadequate if they can't find any excuses to make more usless laws that limit people's freedoms. That's their whole platform.:eusa_eh:

How about a 24 hour Cable Network (like CSPAN) that provides programming for all candidates free of charge. It would show important debates and discussions of issues; local, state wide and national. The candidates would be given the opportunity (equal opportunity for all candidates that meet the ballot requirements) to campaign free of charge in their local areas or nationally if it were a national campaign.

This would not eliminate all costs as there would still be costs associated with producing the candidates programming, but it would provide an outlet for all to see/hear the different candidates positions.

As interested voters it would provide us with one place to go on TV where we could find this kind of message all day long at our convenience.

Immie

Businesses are run by people and they can vote.

They can also be allowed to talk to the congresscritters.

Not a dime spent on anything but the salary of their lobbiest.

No lunches, no trips , not a thing given to OUR representatives.

They can be heard but not even wine and dine the PEOPLES reps.

How about a 24 hour Cable Network (like CSPAN) that provides programming for all candidates free of charge. It would show important debates and discussions of issues; local, state wide and national. The candidates would be given the opportunity (equal opportunity for all candidates that meet the ballot requirements) to campaign free of charge in their local areas or nationally if it were a national campaign.

This would not eliminate all costs as there would still be costs associated with producing the candidates programming, but it would provide an outlet for all to see/hear the different candidates positions.

As interested voters it would provide us with one place to go on TV where we could find this kind of message all day long at our convenience.

Immie

I say any channel can show it, the airwaves belong to the people and the stations use them at our pleasure.

Businesses are run by people and they can vote.

They can also be allowed to talk to the congresscritters.

Not a dime spent on anything but the salary of their lobbiest.

No lunches, no trips , not a thing given to OUR representatives.

They can be heard but not even wine and dine the PEOPLES reps.

The businesses are affected by legislation. If they are private, it is the same as the business owner making the donation. If the business is public, the stockholders are quite aware of how the money is spent and it is their choice to either support it or sell out.

This is a non debate TM. What is, is. If Businesses are affected by legislation, then they have the right to fianncially support their candidate of choice. There is no valid argument against it.

Immie

I say any channel can show it, the airwaves belong to the people and the stations use them at our pleasure.

Not to be argumentative...but the airwaves belong to no one.

Immie

No where did I say that other channels could not show it. I said that this channel would provide an outlet to all candidates. One thing such a channel would do is to provide a location where I as a voter could go to get information when I want it not when the networks want to give it to me.

Immie

Immie

No where did I say that other channels could not show it. I said that this channel would provide an outlet to all candidates. One thing such a channel would do is to provide a location where I as a voter could go to get information when I want it not when the networks want to give it to me.

Immie

better is using the internet...websites.....
Irrelevant however...as all ads by both parties are nothing but fluff.

Immie

I'd have to disagree about the internet/websites.

For one thing, we are talking about different kinds of media. For another, not everyone uses the internet. Also, with this kind of a network, the information would be all in one place. I would not have to google "John McCain President" and then have to fish through other websites to find his personal site read it hopefully finding something that makes sense then google "Barack Obama President" and go through the same thing all over again.

The campaign network would show all the debates and have discussions of all the issues and they would be played throughout the day. So, if a debate was on at 9pm and I happened to be working at 9 pm, I could come home that night and see when it was schedule to be replayed and I could watch it again.

I am not saying that those who preferred the internet would not have it as an alternative, but I think a Cable Campaign Network would be beneficial to a lot of voters.

Immie

Immie

For one thing, we are talking about different kinds of media. For another, not everyone uses the internet. Also, with this kind of a network, the information would be all in one place. I would not have to google "John McCain President" and then have to fish through other websites to find his personal site read it hopefully finding something that makes sense then google "Barack Obama President" and go through the same thing all over again.

The campaign network would show all the debates and have discussions of all the issues and they would be played throughout the day. So, if a debate was on at 9pm and I happened to be working at 9 pm, I could come home that night and see when it was schedule to be replayed and I could watch it again.

I am not saying that those who preferred the internet would not have it as an alternative, but I think a Cable Campaign Network would be beneficial to a lot of voters.

Immie

Yeah...I can see how that may work well.
But it would have to be run in a very fair and balanced way....Discussions would require a suporter from each side of a debate for example....
But sure....I would certainly offer my support for such a network.

Free air time for qualified candidates would take a huge chunk out of the money a candidate needs to raise to gain a platform for their ideas.

I am glad you like my idea

Free air time for qualified candidates would take a huge chunk out of the money a candidate needs to raise to gain a platform for their ideas.

Oh....its your idea?
Then I dont like it anymore.
:lol::eusa_angel:

Immie

Yeah...I can see how that may work well.
But it would have to be run in a very fair and balanced way....Discussions would require a suporter from each side of a debate for example....
But sure....I would certainly offer my support for such a network.

Hehe,

Thanks to Fox, "Fair and Balanced" is a phrase that can never be used in reference to the presentation of "news" political or otherwise any longer.

Immie

That is funny, this was my idea and I have mentioned the idea of a Campaign News Network to you before. Now you want to abscond with my idea? You scoundrel! :)

Immie

The government has no right to ban people from donating to campaigns and no right to impose any "campaign finance reform laws" on corporations or people. Your money is your money, use it to your discretion. The argument that our broken electoral system is screwed because big corporations pay big bucks to buy media time for their candidates is bullshit.

Our electoral system is screwed because big fat lazy flag waving dullards believe everything that they see on CNN and MSNBC and think their "Smart" because they can hold a five minute water cooler conversation about Mrs. Obama being pregnant.

Sure the average American is a fat lazy uneducated over opinionated lardass but that has nothing to do with the point....
Well I personally think campaign donations=buying votes and that is wrong. If you want to 'support' a candidate the way to do it is to VOTE FOR THEM & encourage others to VOTE FOR THEM. Why do they need you to BUY votes? I say our govt. should make it illegal to BUY VOTES!

The government has no right to ban people from donating to campaigns and no right to impose any "campaign finance reform laws" on corporations or people. Your money is your money, use it to your discretion. The argument that our broken electoral system is screwed because big corporations pay big bucks to buy media time for their candidates is bullshit.

Our electoral system is screwed because big fat lazy flag waving dullards believe everything that they see on CNN and MSNBC and think their "Smart" because they can hold a five minute water cooler conversation about Mrs. Obama being pregnant.

Sure the average American is a fat lazy uneducated over opinionated lardass but that has nothing to do with the point....
Well I personally think campaign donations=buying votes and that is wrong. If you want to 'support' a candidate the way to do it is to VOTE FOR THEM & encourage others to VOTE FOR THEM. Why do they need you to BUY votes? I say our govt. should make it illegal to BUY VOTES!

I dont see how it is buying votes.

To me, buying votes is a candidate saying something like...

"vote for me and 95% of you will have less tax money taken out of your paycheck. Vote for him and you wont."

Oh wait....

The internet is the great equalizer so I say that all someone needs to run an effective campaign is an internet connection and a good internet PR person. If we want to take our country back how about:

NO DONATIONS TO ANYONE BY ANYONE FOR ANY REASON!
What say ye? :cuckoo:

How about public financing and strict laws against any infractions.

Take outside money = serious jail time and immediate loss of office.

Forum List

Back