Cheney, in TV interview, suggests limiting magazine size

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Oh my, and no one is more gun rights than Dick.
Poor thing has cardiac wasting, the last stages of heart failure.

Oh my, and no one is more gun rights than Dick.
Poor thing has cardiac wasting, the last stages of heart failure.

Maybe you misunderstood him? He meant minimum size not maximum. ;)

BTW: Might you have a link to where you heard this?

Here's one I found:

I'll be doggone, it doesn't look like you did misunderstand him.

Cheney opens door to tighter gun restrictions - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Cheney, an avid hunter, said he is "willing to listen to ideas" on how to better control the purchase and use of firearms.

"Whether or not there's some measure there in terms of limiting the size of the magazine that you can buy to go with a semiautomatic weapon — we’ve had that in place before. Maybe it’s appropriate to re-establish that kind of thing, but I think you do have to be careful obviously," Cheney told NBC's Jamie Gangel, national correspondent for "TODAY."

"We’re looking for ways to make sure this never happens again, but you’ve still got to go back to the fact that it looks like the cause of this particular tragedy was this one individual who apparently has very serious mental problems," Cheney said in the interview, parts of which aired Wednesday.

I have to say, that is probably the first sensible thing I can recall hearing the man speak.

Although, I wonder if a smaller magazine would have made any difference at all in reference to what happened in Arizona.

Immie

Hath no fear....
I am hereeeee......
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qij13CVq17E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qij13CVq17E[/ame]

As someone who has shot someone else in the face, Dick Cheney is a expert on Gun safety. :lol:

Seriously though, this is actually interesting to read about.

Will fox cover it?

Just checked Drudge, saw nothing on it there.

Therefore to most right wingtuns it did not happen.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back