Reaganomics is Dead

There's no growth in income due to a crippling tax policy, government spending and a national energy strategy that can only be called economic suicide.
sock_puppet.jpg

Reagan doubled the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Bush did the same thing.

Guess who is going to pay for it?

Not the rich.

When times are good and people are working, they don't worry that right wing ideas might be bad for them. Like labor issues, so Reagan saved the Big 3 during that recession, and he got the union vote. That allowed Reagan to deregulate, get tax breaks for the rich passed, start free trading. He didn't go as far as the right wanted, but he went far enough. Clinton didn't go as far as they wanted either, but far enough. Daddy Bush didn't go as far as they wanted, not even close, so he only won one term. They needed a war to go as far as they did, and then 9-11 happened. It allowed them to push almost all their right wing ideas. They even tried for privatizing social security. Now the Supreme Court has Alito and Roberts who always side with Corporations. Congress is owned by corporations. The bankers own us all.

Reagan doubled the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

Bush did the same thing.

Guess who is going to pay for it?

Not the rich.

When times are good and people are working, they don't worry that right wing ideas might be bad for them. Like labor issues, so Reagan saved the Big 3 during that recession, and he got the union vote. That allowed Reagan to deregulate, get tax breaks for the rich passed, start free trading. He didn't go as far as the right wanted, but he went far enough. Clinton didn't go as far as they wanted either, but far enough. Daddy Bush didn't go as far as they wanted, not even close, so he only won one term. They needed a war to go as far as they did, and then 9-11 happened. It allowed them to push almost all their right wing ideas. They even tried for privatizing social security. Now the Supreme Court has Alito and Roberts who always side with Corporations. Congress is owned by corporations. The bankers own us all.

You sound a lot like Alec Baldwin from "Team America"

There's no growth in income due to a crippling tax policy, government spending and a national energy strategy that can only be called economic suicide.
sock_puppet.jpg

Free market? What free market? There's not a single free market in America

Nor should there be. In a truly capitalist free market, labor is paid very little. So we should quit talking about free markets like they are a good thing.

Freeing up business to spark commerce is different than what Corporations and Politicians did to us. And if we want to free up corporate $, then take healthcare off their plates.

Nor should there be. In a truly capitalist free market, labor is paid very little. So we should quit talking about free markets like they are a good thing.

sock_puppet.jpg

Bingo. This is probably what it was like before unions. Corporations will push for as much as they can, and I assume we'll put up with a lot because of divide and concur.

There is no debating it that corporations will always push for lower wages unless supply and demand change. And Greenspan even admitted they keep unemployment at a certain level on purpose. During the 90's things were good. They don't want things to be that good.

In my line of work, sales, companies had to pay $40 plus commission in a good market and now its $30K plus commissions. And they even fuck with the commissions, so we have to sell more and make less. Corporate profits were thru the roof in 2005, 06, 07. They did all this on purpose if you ask me. The bailouts, the bankruptsies, the deregulations, Iraq, all on purpose. But I'm a conspiracy theorist. Bankrupt the treasury so you can cut/end social programs and privatize. Disaster capitalism.

Just cause I'm a conspiracy theorist, doesn't mean I'm wrong either.

sock_puppet.jpg

Bingo. This is probably what it was like before unions. Corporations will push for as much as they can, and I assume we'll put up with a lot because of divide and concur.

There is no debating it that corporations will always push for lower wages unless supply and demand change. And Greenspan even admitted they keep unemployment at a certain level on purpose. During the 90's things were good. They don't want things to be that good.

In my line of work, sales, companies had to pay $40 plus commission in a good market and now its $30K plus commissions. And they even fuck with the commissions, so we have to sell more and make less. Corporate profits were thru the roof in 2005, 06, 07. They did all this on purpose if you ask me. The bailouts, the bankruptsies, the deregulations, Iraq, all on purpose. But I'm a conspiracy theorist. Bankrupt the treasury so you can cut/end social programs and privatize. Disaster capitalism.

Bush and his cronies looted the Treasury on their way out of town.

Bush and his cronies looted the Treasury on their way out of town.

And they continue to now. I'm sure if Obama went after all of them and closed all their loopholes and took on the bankers and oil companies, he'd end up like the Kennedy's.

Auto companies, which manufacture something and pay good wages, they were thrown under the bus by the GOP.

The Dems will take on Healthcare, which is a top heavy industry which is gouging us. Only the poor CEO's might lose their jobs or have to work for government wages. LOL.

No way Obama messes with the bankers. That's like taking on the Godfather. But I believe he made a deal with them that healthcare needed reform. Oil companies went back down to a tolerable per gallon price, so the Dems will pick and choose their battles.

I hope they go after manufacturing and bring jobs back home. I hope 2010 is a year we deal with labor, the economy and wages.

Forum List

Back