Reagan Tied The Republican Party To White Christians, Now They Are Trapped

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

― Barry Goldwater
but democrats worship Mao and Stalin...and other mass murderers

What are you talking about? Whites as a group have gone for the gop in every election since Johnson.

That White Protestants go with this flow, is to be expected.

No point in talking with him, let alone reason. He still seems obsessed with Trump and is unaware what is going on in today’s world. He is stuck on stupid.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

― Barry Goldwater

Barry Goldwater also thought that the 1964 civil rights bill was a bad idea. Do you think that the 1964 civil rights bill was a bad idea, because BARRY said so?

Agree with the prescience of his quote, disagree with his stance on the Civil Rights bill.

So, he's not an Authority we should defer to, just some guy that happened to agree with you on one thing.

So, why you sharing this with us?

It was an apropos quote based on the OP. You don’t agree with it. :shrug:

Some guy agrees with hte op. So? I disagree with the op. I am also some guy. We are at an impasse.

oh no, what to do.

What is this thread about, other than your anti-Christian bigotry?

Actually, the thread is about how the Republicans are now tied to a shrinking base, that will continue to shrink, and cost them elections. There is no scenario, in which Republicans win with only white Christians.

Who are the largest bloc of bigots in the country.

Reagan used Nixons southern strategy, with the help of Liberty University's Jerry Falwell, who was still angry about losing the school segregation war, and created a new boogeyman for the white bigot base.

Abortion.

Which ironically enough, Reagan supported up to that point, until coached otherwise, so he escalated Nixons drug war, and now the bigot base had their new agenda.

So now that has blown up in their face, and they moved on to their new agenda of hate against Muslims, then immigrants crossing the border, to BLM and Antifa, to their latest enemy, Asians.

― Barry Goldwater
Well, it's from the Warshington Compost, so there's that.

GOP leaders and the conservative media ecosystem have spent the last few weeks focused on inflaming the culture wars. They’ve railed against the decision to stop publishing six Dr. Seuss books, falsely claiming that the childhood classics have fallen victim to liberal cancel culture, and complained about changes to the Potato Head line of toys.

Simultaneously, Republican state lawmakers have continued waging a war on democracy, passing new laws that would eliminate vote-by-mail and early voting programs that were popular with Democrats in 2020, especially among minority communities. According to the Brennan Center for Justice, Republican lawmakers have introduced more than 165 bills in 33 states to limit ballot access.

On the surface, these topics seem disconnected, but in reality, they share a crucial commonality that shapes today’s Republican Party — one that dates back to the 1984 Republican National Convention held in Dallas. It was there that Republicans cemented an alliance with evangelical White Protestants, in the process creating a demographic and generational time bomb that is now exploding in their face.

A dangerous cancel culture to the country, and themselves.

You just "elected" the ULTIMATE white Christian dude, dumbass.

― Barry Goldwater

Barry Goldwater also thought that the 1964 civil rights bill was a bad idea. Do you think that the 1964 civil rights bill was a bad idea, because BARRY said so?

Agree with the prescience of his quote, disagree with his stance on the Civil Rights bill.

So, he's not an Authority we should defer to, just some guy that happened to agree with you on one thing.

Some guy agrees with hte op. So? I disagree with the op. I am also some guy. We are at an impasse.

oh no, what to do.

Actually, the thread is about how the Republicans are now tied to a shrinking base, that will continue to shrink, and cost them elections. There is no scenario, in which Republicans win with only white Christians.

Reagan used Nixons southern strategy, with the help of Liberty University's Jerry Falwell, who was still angry about losing the school segregation war, and created a new boogeyman for the white bigot base.

Abortion.

Which ironically enough, Reagan supported up to that point, until coached otherwise, so he escalated Nixons drug war, and now the bigot base had their new agenda.

So now that has blown up in their face, and they moved on to their new agenda of hate against Muslims, then immigrants crossing the border, to BLM and Antifa, to their latest enemy, Asians.
Shrinking base....The guy who got well in excess of 75 million legitimate votes, had completely unforeseen coattails, and expanded his appeal to blacks, Hispanics, and Asians since no candidate since Nixon has a shrinking base.

PeschiMutha.jpg

GOP leaders and the conservative media ecosystem have spent the last few weeks focused on inflaming the culture wars. They’ve railed against the decision to stop publishing six Dr. Seuss books, falsely claiming that the childhood classics have fallen victim to liberal cancel culture, and complained about changes to the Potato Head line of toys.

Simultaneously, Republican state lawmakers have continued waging a war on democracy, passing new laws that would eliminate vote-by-mail and early voting programs that were popular with Democrats in 2020, especially among minority communities. According to the Brennan Center for Justice, Republican lawmakers have introduced more than 165 bills in 33 states to limit ballot access.

On the surface, these topics seem disconnected, but in reality, they share a crucial commonality that shapes today’s Republican Party — one that dates back to the 1984 Republican National Convention held in Dallas. It was there that Republicans cemented an alliance with evangelical White Protestants, in the process creating a demographic and generational time bomb that is now exploding in their face.

A dangerous cancel culture to the country, and themselves.

WAPO? ZZZZZZZ

― Barry Goldwater
but democrats worship Mao and Stalin...and other mass murderers

Really.....

No political party is bound to anything except countering the other party to win elections.

Have you not heard Joe Biden's religious rhetoric?
Joe needs to get right with god...he is going to see him soon based on his walking and talking fails
Joe made his choice when he ran for President. along and easy profitable road for a half century will end for him in D.C. We will probably get a Stalin like funeral for three months but joe will be in hell long before the final salute to him is made.

The vile Demonrat Party drove TRUE Christian's from that party.

I NEVER call myself a Republican, but the candidate I always vote for is in the Republican Party, because there are no same candidates in the Demonrat Party.

1. tons of fake leftyvirus mailin ballots not filled out by the actual voters.
  2. In the most contested municipalities, vote counting stopped for a few hours, then all of a sudden 100% of all votes counted were for Biden, just enough to get him the win.
  3. In 7 battleground municipalities, vote counting stopped, then hundreds of thousands of Biden only votes were counted.
  4. Blatant and massive election fraud.
    ................................................................................................................................
I kinda like threads like this one.
It requires so little effort to respond appropriately.

So, for brevity's sake, let's do this (reference the numbered quotes above):

#1 Prove it. Source it for us, poster jbrowson
#2 Prove it. Source it for us, Colonel Angus.
#3 Prove it. Source it for us, Colonel Angus.
#4 Prove it. Source it for us, Eric Blair.

See?
That's easy stuff.
Though, in truth, it ain't new.
It is well-plowed ground.

Similar queries to those same posters have been made in the past, i.e., to prove they know what they are talking about, that they have veritas, have a modicum of gravitas.

But they never do. They seemingly are one of those tiresome cowboys who is all hat, no cows. No there there.

So they slink off to another thread or shrill about with 'Look Squirrel", e.g., Hillary's server, Bill's blow-job, broken window at the Nike store, ANTIFA, BLM, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Which, inevitably, sooner rather than later, brings us right back to where we started from.
Namely, this ----again:

I love this bar.
We've got winners, and we've got, umm,......non-winners?

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Abortion.

this entire thread is essentially a racist rant against white people

1. tons of fake leftyvirus mailin ballots not filled out by the actual voters.
  2. In the most contested municipalities, vote counting stopped for a few hours, then all of a sudden 100% of all votes counted were for Biden, just enough to get him the win.
  3. In 7 battleground municipalities, vote counting stopped, then hundreds of thousands of Biden only votes were counted.
  4. Blatant and massive election fraud.
    ................................................................................................................................
I kinda like threads like this one.
It requires so little effort to respond appropriately.

So, for brevity's sake, let's do this (reference the numbered quotes above):

See?
That's easy stuff.
Though, in truth, it ain't new.
It is well-plowed ground.

Similar queries to those same posters have been made in the past, i.e., to prove they know what they are talking about, that they have veritas, have a modicum of gravitas.

But they never do. They seemingly are one of those tiresome cowboys who is all hat, no cows. No there there.

So they slink off to another thread or shrill about with 'Look Squirrel", e.g., Hillary's server, Bill's blow-job, broken window at the Nike store, ANTIFA, BLM, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Which, inevitably, sooner rather than later, brings us right back to where we started from.
Namely, this ----again:

I love this bar.
We've got winners, and we've got, umm,......non-winners?
congrats on your stumbling senile president

― Barry Goldwater

oh no, what to do.

Abortion.

we get it....you are a racist and hate white people...probably because they rock!!!! and u dont

Forum List

Back