Ready for another war, kids?

Obama warns Assad against chemical weapons use - Arlington Foreign Policy | Examiner.com

"Hope" so... Because the more things "Change"... The more they stay the same.

I trust this time they'd be actual weapons, not just imaginary ones. :cool:

Saddam had them... The UN Documented and Sealed 109 Facilities with Banned Long Range Missiles and WMD in them just before our Invasion...

They were "Missing" once we were done play Footsies with the Frogs and the UN.

If it's fact, where's the cite? I find it hard to believe they could have gotten rid of everything that quick. Plus, before 9/11 the Bush administration was denying the WMDs existed, then afterwards they did an about face and used them as the main excuse for getting Saddam.

Dumbfuck.....who used WMDs....Saddam or Assad???

There is one answer.

Strange, I don't remember him using them when we invaded.

I DO remember him using them when they were first provided to Iraq, by Dow Chemicals.

I ALSO remember that they were used against Iran at the time, in a war that we supported Iraq in...

Sarin itself has a shelf life of just a few weeks.

Keeping the precursors separate provides a shelf life of about 5 years:

Nations stockpiling sarin have tried to overcome the problem of its short shelf life in three ways. One way is to lengthen the shelf life of unitary (pure) sarin by increasing the purity of the precursor and intermediate chemicals and refining the production process. Another way to increase shelf life is by incorporating a stabilizer chemical. Initially used was tributylamine, but later this was replaced by diisopropylcarbodiimide (DIC), which allowed for sarin to be stored in aluminum casings. Finally, stockpiling of sarin can be improved by developing binary chemical weapons, where the two precursor chemicals are stored separately in the same shell, and mixed to form the agent immediately before or when the shell is in flight. This approach has the dual benefit of making the issue of shelf life irrelevant and greatly increasing the safety of sarin munitions. However, experts do not put the shelf life of this type of weapon past 5 years.

Sarin - New World Encyclopedia

The invasion of Iraq was nearly 10 years ago, people.

You should have donme a bit more research than Wikipedia.

I understand POLITICALLY why many wanted to claim that Bush lied...afterall, the had to explain why they were for the war before they were against it.
But to date, no one has explained how Bush got the OTHER couintries intelligence agencies to lie on his behalf.
I put in bold the pertinant parts.

EFFORTS TO LENGTHEN SHELF LIFE

IRAQ HAS TRIED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IN TWO

WAYS. FIRST, IT ATTEMPTED, WITH FOREIGN

ASSISTANCE, TO IMPROVE THE SHELF-LIFE OF ITS

UNITARY SARIN BY INCREASING, THE PURITY OF

THE PRECURSOR AND INTERMEDIATE CHEMICALS

AND-REFINING PRODUCTION PROCESSES.

SECOND, IT BEGAN TO DEVELOP BINARY

CHEMICAL WEAPONS. IN A BINARY MUNITION,

THE TWO PRECURSOR CHEMICALS ARE STORED

SEPARATELY AND ONLY MIXED TO FORM THE

CHEMICAL AGENT IMMEDIATELY BEFORE OR

WHEN THE ROUND IS IN FLIGHT. THUS, THE

SHELF LIFE OF THE AGENT BECOMES IRRELEVANT;

MOREOVER, THE MUNITION IS SAFER TO HANDLE

AND STORE. BY 1990 IRAQ HAD SUCCESSFULLY

TESTED 155-MM ARTILLERY SHELLS AND OTHER

BINARY MUNITIONS AND LAUNCHED A BALLISTIC

MISSILE WITH A BINARY WARHEAD AS WELL

CIA HOLDS THAT THE STOCKS OF SARIN MAY

REMAIN VIABLE WELL BEYOND MARCH. CIA

ANALYSTS BELIEVE THAT THE SHELF LIFE PROBLEM

WAS ONLY TEMPORARY AND THAT THE IRAQIS

CAN NOW PRODUCE UNITARY AGENTS OF

SUFFICIENT QUALITY BY ADDING A STABILIZER OR

IMPROVING THE PRODUCTION PROCESS.

CIA ALSO BELIEVES THAT A SUBSTANTIAL

PORTION OF IRAQ'S NERVE AGENT STOCKPILE

NOW CONSISTS OF BINARY CHEMICAL WEAPONS

WHICH WOULD NOT BE SUBJECT TO

DEGRADATION.

Subject: STABILITY OF IRAQ'S CW STOCKPILE

Saddam had them... The UN Documented and Sealed 109 Facilities with Banned Long Range Missiles and WMD in them just before our Invasion...

Fact not Fiction. :thup:

:)

peace...

Fiction. There were no missing weapons from the sealed facilities.

Nor were there any newly constructed WMD, apart from said facilities, despite what FoxNews told you at the time.

Obama warns Assad against chemical weapons use - Arlington Foreign Policy | Examiner.com

"Hope" so... Because the more things "Change"... The more they stay the same. :thup:

Edited to add this for the Liberals who have already come in and Continued the Lie that Saddam never had WMD:

Fact not Fiction.
:thup:

peace...

I have said for many years I thought Saddam moved the chemical weapons to Syria and I guess I was right all along. Saddam had how many years to get them moved before we went in with force. He kept the inspectors out for years If I can remember correctly at least 2 years. So BUSH was right and they did have WMD only he moved them to Syria before we went into Iraq

yes..and even back then there was knowledge on how to not allow the short half life of Sarin effect the long term use of it.

In other words...the reports TODAY that say.."it cant be from Iraq...it has only a 1 week half life"....are outdated by technology developed nearly 20 years ago.

Makes you start to question the agenda of those with "the updated reports"...

Nations stockpiling sarin have tried to overcome the problem of its short shelf life in three ways. One way is to lengthen the shelf life of unitary (pure) sarin by increasing the purity of the precursor and intermediate chemicals and refining the production process. Another way to increase shelf life is by incorporating a stabilizer chemical. Initially used was tributylamine, but later this was replaced by diisopropylcarbodiimide (DIC), which allowed for sarin to be stored in aluminum casings. Finally, stockpiling of sarin can be improved by developing binary chemical weapons, where the two precursor chemicals are stored separately in the same shell, and mixed to form the agent immediately before or when the shell is in flight. This approach has the dual benefit of making the issue of shelf life irrelevant and greatly increasing the safety of sarin munitions. However, experts do not put the shelf life of this type of weapon past 5 years.

I understand POLITICALLY why many wanted to claim that Bush lied...afterall, the had to explain why they were for the war before they were against it.
But to date, no one has explained how Bush got the OTHER couintries intelligence agencies to lie on his behalf.

DEGRADATION.

I saw that report. It does not refute the five year shelf life of separated precursors.

You also missed this part:

Not Finally Evaluated Intelligence

No chemical has an infinite shelf life.

I seriously doubt Syria would depend on the efficacy of agents that were more than 10 years old.

Last edited:

Fact not Fiction. :thup:

peace...

Fiction. There were no missing weapons from the sealed facilities.

Nor were there any newly constructed WMD, apart from said facilities, despite what FoxNews told you at the time.

Nope... Not Fiction and the Source wasn't FOXNews. :thup:

Oh wait... I made 109 just to make it sould good.

XXXXXXYou should see if you can take a Cruise with him.

peace...

"Hope" so... Because the more things "Change"... The more they stay the same. :thup:

Edited to add this for the Liberals who have already come in and Continued the Lie that Saddam never had WMD:

Fact not Fiction.

peace...

Question: What SHOULD the President do if Assad uses chemical weapons on the rebels?

(Yes, he has them. And, he had them before the Iraq invasion.)

DEGRADATION.

I saw that report. It does not refute the five year shelf life of separated precursors.

You also missed this part:

Not Finally Evaluated Intelligence

No chemical has an infinite shelf life.

I seriously doubt Syria would depend on the efficacy of agents that were more than 10 years old.

this part...

MISSILE WITH A BINARY WARHEAD AS WELL.

Do you havce a better explanation as to why the intelligence agencies of not only the US but other countrioes including the UK and Australia said they existed?

Or is the only reason you beleive it is not possibke that they were moved becuase Pelosi and Hillary said they were lied to before they supported the war they were aggressively campaigning against in an effort to win an election?

I trust this time they'd be actual weapons, not just imaginary ones. :cool:

If it's fact, where's the cite? I find it hard to believe they could have gotten rid of everything that quick. Plus, before 9/11 the Bush administration was denying the WMDs existed, then afterwards they did an about face and used them as the main excuse for getting Saddam.

Please cite any reference to the Bush administration denying the WMDs existed before 9/11.

Please cite any reference to the Bush administration denying the WMDs existed before 9/11.

Bush didn't that's why he won't provide one

Fact not Fiction.

peace...

Mal.

Syria's not some third world backwater when it comes to it's military.

They had and have more gear then Iraq.

They didn't need anything from Iraq.

Fact not Fiction.

peace...

Mal.

Syria's not some third world backwater when it comes to it's military.

They had and have more gear then Iraq.

They didn't need anything from Iraq.

Jeez Sallow.....how diud our intelligence, UK's intelligence and Israels intelligence miss it?

Oh yeah...Syria has been a very stable, calm, pure democracy...we had no reason to be watching what they do.

Gimme a break.

this part...

Do you havce a better explanation as to why the intelligence agencies of not only the US but other countrioes including the UK and Australia said they existed?

Or is the only reason you beleive it is not possibke that they were moved becuase Pelosi and Hillary said they were lied to before they supported the war they were aggressively campaigning against in an effort to win an election?

What does the existence of binary sarin in Iraq in 1996 have to do with sarin in Syria today?

Jesus. Already the Making Shit Up factory is hard at work. Don't be an idiot making stupid wild ass assumptions that the sarin in Syria is from Saddam Hussein. There will be many more drums of piss to drink in the weeks to come. Save your strength.

Your masters are silent on Syria right now because they are waiting to take their cue from Obama so they can oppose whatever he decides to do. If he decides to intervene in Syria, they will oppose him. If he decides not to intervene, they will oppose him. You will have to be ready to drink all that piss when the time comes. Don't be so premature.

Last edited:
this part...

What does the existence of binary sarin in Iraq in 1996 have to do with sarin in Syria today?

Jesus. Already the Making Shit Up factory is hard at work. Don't be an idito making stupid wild ass assumptions that the sarin in Syria is from Saddam Hussein.

the discussion was about the half life of Sarin...and I cited a report that showed how the half life issue of Sarin was elimninated nearly 20 years ago.

Many intelligence agencies knew the Sarin was there in Iraq.....yet none was found after months of Hussein being told "we coming to get you"...

So where did it go?

Why not Syria?

Or does that not fit perfectly in your "Bush Lied" Mantra?

Fact not Fiction.

peace...

is that what rush is telling people to say, hon? or is it fauxnews? they're pretending the chemicals came from iraq?

if so, see how pointless bush's war of choice was?

Forum List

Back