Ready for another war, kids?

Again, there is no validity to the assumption Syria's precursor chemicals came from Iraq.

There are two precursors to sarin, one of which is a controlled substance under the Chemical Weapons Convention. Methylphosphonyl difluoride.

The other is simple rubbing alcohol, which obviously is not banned.

These two chemicals may be mixed in flight or just prior to use to create sarin.

The shelf life of methylphosphonyl difluoride is five years, according to experts, and I have provided the link.

If Saddam Hussein had methylphosphonyl difluoride, which he likely did, it would be extremely unlikely it is being used by Syria ten years later.

Methylphosphonyl difluoride can be manufactured from substances which are commercially available. Those would not have to be smuggled out of Iraq and into Syria. They can be bought openly any time.

So again, very unlikely Syria got its chemical weapons components from Saddam.

If Syria does not have the technical ability to make methylphosphonyl difluoride, then I would look to Iran or Egypt as the source.

The fact that Dow Chemical sold pesticides that are supposed to be used to kill bugs, and Saddam used them to make WMD's proves that Reagan gave WMD's to Saddam.

Did I get that right?

Politicians say a lot. But, there were over 500 shells (chemical agents) found after invasion.

Hardly sounds like a mushroom cloud.....
I never said it was. As far as Iraq is concerned, the chemical agents were the only real WMD problems.

that wasn't what we were led to believe. The Bush administration committed treason to protect a much much scarier untrue story.

Hardly sounds like a mushroom cloud.....
I never said it was. As far as Iraq is concerned, the chemical agents were the only real WMD problems.

that wasn't what we were led to believe. The Bush administration committed treason to protect a much much scarier untrue story.
Don't discount the danger of chemical weapons. If I had to choose whether to go by nuclear or chemical, I would take nuclear any day of the week.

The fact that Dow Chemical sold pesticides that are supposed to be used to kill bugs, and Saddam used them to make WMD's proves that Reagan gave WMD's to Saddam.

Did I get that right?

The fact that the US supported Iraq in their attempted invasion of Iran, mainly due to Iran's hostility toward the US, combined with the fact that Dow Chemical supplied them with a very large supply of said chemical, knowing full well what it might be used for, sure does make it seem awfully likely, now doesn't it?

War is the health of the State. This is JUST the economic boost we need right now!

Go on, wave that flag!

If it's fact, where's the cite? I find it hard to believe they could have gotten rid of everything that quick. Plus, before 9/11 the Bush administration was denying the WMDs existed, then afterwards they did an about face and used them as the main excuse for getting Saddam.

Please cite any reference to the Bush administration denying the WMDs existed before 9/11.

Bush didn't that's why he won't provide one
"We do not have any direct evidence that Iraq has used the period since Desert Fox to reconstitute its WMD programs" -CIA Director,George Tenet, 2/07/2001

"We believe the sanctions have been effective, and Saddam Hussein's regime has no weapons of mass destruction."
-Condoleeza Rice,
February 16th, 2001

"Containment has been achieved, and we now believe Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction or the capability of producing them."
- Colin Powell, February 23rd, 2001

Last edited:
Bush said there were no weapons.

That's because the Weapons that were Documented and Sealed by the UN just before our Invasion were gone by the time we got there...

It's Accurate to Acknowledge that they weren't there when we got there.

:)

peace...

Did he acknowledge, "well, there WERE weapons but they were moved out of Country."

Bush said there were no weapons.

That's because the Weapons that were Documented and Sealed by the UN just before our Invasion were gone by the time we got there...

peace...

Did he acknowledge, "well, there WERE weapons but they were moved out of Country."

I don't care if he did... The UN put seals on 109 Facilities that had Banned Long Range Missiles and WMD in them prior to our Invasion...

ALL of these things Saddam Factually had and USED.

A half a year later those Facilities were Empty.

Logical Conclusion at the time was that they went to Syria or were hidden.

Sorry but Saddam had WMD and I can Quote you every Fucking DemocRAT Alive at the time in the late 90's and just before 9/11 saying he did and Worse as a matter of FACT not Theory.

He had them... We found some stuff but we didn't find the Stockpiles the UN Documented and Sealed.

"Missing" NOT "Never Existed and Bush Lied".

peace...

Last edited:

peace...

I don't care if he did... The UN put seals on 109 Facilities that had Banned Long Range Missiles and WMD in them prior to our Invasion...

Sorry but Saddam had WMD and I can Quote you every Fucking DemocRAT Alive at the time in the late 90's and just before 9/11 saying he did and Worse as a matter of FACT not Theory.

He had them... We found some stuff but we didn't find the Stockpiles the UN Documented and Sealed.

peace...
To the bolded: I disagree. I would not say it is a logical conclusion. I would say that it is a reasonable suspicion.

Hey look... It's the "Reasons" and Congress, BOTH Parties, Signed off on it:

[107th Congress Public Law 243]
[From the U.S. Government Printing Office]

<DOC>
[DOCID: f:publ243.107]

[[Page 1497]]

AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE AGAINST IRAQ RESOLUTION OF 2002

[[Page 116 STAT. 1498]]

Public Law 107-243
107th Congress

Joint Resolution

To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against
Iraq. <<NOTE: Oct. 16, 2002 - [H.J. Res. 114]>>

Whereas in 1990 in response to Iraq's war of aggression against and
illegal occupation of Kuwait, the United States forged a coalition
of nations to liberate Kuwait and its people in order to defend the
national security of the United States and enforce United Nations
Security Council resolutions relating to Iraq;

Whereas after the liberation of Kuwait in 1991, Iraq entered into a
United Nations sponsored cease-fire agreement pursuant to which Iraq
unequivocally agreed, among other things, to eliminate its nuclear,
biological, and chemical weapons programs and the means to deliver
and develop them, and to end its support for international
terrorism;

Whereas the efforts of international weapons inspectors, United States
intelligence agencies, and Iraqi defectors led to the discovery that
Iraq had large stockpiles of chemical weapons and a large scale
biological weapons program, and that Iraq had an advanced nuclear
weapons development program that was much closer to producing a
nuclear weapon than intelligence reporting had previously indicated;

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ243/html/PLAW-107publ243.htm

Seriously... the Dishonesty on this Issue was Offensive a Decade ago. :thup:

peace...

peace...
To the bolded: I disagree. I would not say it is a logical conclusion. I would say that it is a reasonable suspicion.

6 to one and half dozen the other... ;)

I've Concluded that that's what happened but I'm not King so. :thup:

peace...

Syria would still mix the chemicals regardless of who was sitting in the White House.

Word was that they wouldn't mix the chemicals because of who was sitting in the WH. But then again we were told a lot of things.

It is more probable than that Iraq's WMDs ended up in Syria by truck and plane.
At the time Sunni muslims ran both countries.
There is enough credible evidence on the web.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Obama warns Assad against chemical weapons use - Arlington Foreign Policy | Examiner.com

"Hope" so... Because the more things "Change"... The more they stay the same. :thup:

peace...

Can you quote the relevant part of your link which says this has anything to do with Iraq's "MISSING WMD", please?

Thanks.

did you miss the Satellite images we have of lines of trucks crossing from Iraq to Syria right before we invaded?

So we had intel that these truck were carrying WMD across the boarder and the President did nothing? In that case, what an complete incompete boob he was. Unless of course they have intel that it was actually Russian diplomats and their families leaving before the bombs started dropping.

Iran by no means had the air technology that we bring to the table. The only way Iran had a chance to conquer the capital is with troops ojn the ground.

With our air superiority, we can do exactly what we did......with few boots on the ground.

Eliminating the :eek:uter" forces was an issue....but we could have easily stayed in the capital and run the country if we desired......but we wanted to eliminate all supporters of Hussein...so we had to branch away from the capital...and when you do that with people that use children as human shields....you is gonna get your ass kicked...and we did.

:eusa_eh:

Um..do you even know what you are talking about?

Iraq attacked Iran..not the other way around.

And Iraq could have just as easily used chemical weapons against US forces as it did against Iran.

It didn't have them.

As it stood they were using outdated munitions to cobble together roadside bombs.

Most of the resistance in Iraq was made up of ex military that were disbanded as part of the brilliant invasion plan. They then looted weapons depots and that's when the party really got started.
Ummm, yes, Iraq did have chemical weapons.

We found over 500 shells after invasion.

They were not usable. Nor should I have to point out that they were remnants from the Iran war and not the WMD the Bush Administration claimed Iraq was producing.

Forum List

Back