Reaching out to the Occupy People

In this context, define siphoning and give examples.

"Trickle down" tax cuts. Leveraged corporate buyouts. Banking transaction fees. Tax breaks for outsourcers.

so not taxing is stealing. How do you come to that. It is their money and taxes is taking it away. In your mind everything belongs to the government and that is not America.

Precisely. ALL wealth belongs to those that produce it. Government produces nothing but misery, tyranny.

So corporations would not be allowed to support social programs? There would not be such a thing as being a good corporate citizen? No corporate gay friendly policies. No corporate foundations or charities. What liberals want is corporate personhood, but only in very select areas. They can't oppose any liberal ideals, but can support all liberal ideals.

If corporations cannot support political candidates neither should unions.

There is a difference between supporting a candidate and having undue influence over that candidate.
the tea party is proving money doesn't matter. See Indiana.

I live in indiana and the Republican elite are all for Lugar. Lugar will lose. It's about time.

I'm not sure that Mourdock is "the guy", but he Lugar needs to retire and go "home" to Washington.

Don't get me wrong. Richard Lugar is great man who has done great things both for the country and the state and the City of Indianapolis. That was then.

As the Big 0 pointed out 3 1/2 years ago, the country needs Hope and Change. It needs it more now than then.

Last edited:
If we had really intelligent people, they would also understand a corporation cannot have an individual thought, therefore should not be allowed to contribute to political individuals directly or indirectly.

If that is true of corporations, it is true of any group of people organized for any reason.

There also should not be a corporate tax if they get no voice.

There is a difference between supporting a candidate and having undue influence over that candidate.

I live in indiana and the Republican elite are all for Lugar. Lugar will lose. It's about time.

I'm not sure that Mourdock is "the guy", but he Lugar needs to retire and go "home" to Washington.

Don't get me wrong. Richard lugar is great man who has done great things both for the country and the start and the City of indianapolis. That was then.

As the Big 0 pointed out 3 1/2 years ago, the country needs Hope and Change. It needs it more now than then.

Is it true too that Lugar is pleading with Democrats to cross the line to save him?

Don't get me wrong. Richard lugar is great man who has done great things both for the country and the start and the City of indianapolis. That was then.

Is it true too that Lugar is pleading with Democrats to cross the line to save him?

I've heard something about that, but i'm not connected to the inner workings of what is going on.

He's down by about 10 points in the polling. That's huge.

I don't need you to take me serious. That disaster was caused by government regulating homes for everyone. You have power against corporations you have no power against government.

Polishing banker willy there MT? They do not need or deserve your defense of them, as to OWS just wanting "free stuff", there has never been a better tax and consumer base than the American middle class, allowing it to evaporate was retarded, it was rich enough to build interstate highways, find a polio vaccine and put men on the moon. We have a gigantic sink hole where our nation's engine used to sit, they took it and we want it back.
They took nothing. Democrats like you ran the rich out of the country taking thirty jobs with them.
Yeah....."conservative" CEOs just happened to discover the slave-wages (paid, to workers, there), shortly after being chased there.

handjob.gif

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Teabaggers

I've heard something about that, but i'm not connected to the inner workings of what is going on.

He's down by about 10 points in the polling. That's huge.

In Indiana, Richard Mourdock is a Tea Party candidate. He is going up against the Republican establishment, and the Republican establishment's trying to destroy him. He's being outspent ten to one (we're talking millions of dollars) against a Jurassic Park entrenched incumbent: Dick Lugar.

He's been there forever and his reputation when it comes to foreign policy is "beyond reproach," it's said. Yet the latest poll published in the Indianapolis Star (the polling unit is Howey/DePauw), has Mourdock up ten with four days to go. That's gonna be tough to overcome for Lugar if, for example, the poll today shows the same thing. People have been watching this race very closely. This is akin to taking out Robert Bennett in Utah. That's what might happen here.

It's gotten so dire for Dick Lugar in Indiana, he is asking for Democrats and independents to cross party lines and save him next week against Dick Mourdock.

The Tea Party is Alive and Well

Polishing banker willy there MT? They do not need or deserve your defense of them, as to OWS just wanting "free stuff", there has never been a better tax and consumer base than the American middle class, allowing it to evaporate was retarded, it was rich enough to build interstate highways, find a polio vaccine and put men on the moon. We have a gigantic sink hole where our nation's engine used to sit, they took it and we want it back.
They took nothing. Democrats like you ran the rich out of the country taking thirty jobs with them.
Yeah....."conservative" CEOs just happened to discover the slave-wages (paid, to workers, there), shortly after being chased there.

handjob.gif

eusa_doh.gif

And I bet you can't even leave a decent tip.

handjob.gif

:eusa_doh:

And I bet you can't even leave a decent tip.

Just used crayons and half-coloured couloring books.

In this context, define siphoning and give examples.

"Trickle down" tax cuts. Leveraged corporate buyouts. Banking transaction fees. Tax breaks for outsourcers.

I've been engaged in business for about 40 years as union and non-union labor, supervision, management and sales. I've bought and sold things to and from others for that entire period. I know a thing or two about doing business.

I don't understand how any of these things siphon money from me to them.

I'm also not convinced that you understand what the terms you are using mean. Outsourcing can mean anything from hiring the neighbor kid to mow my lawn to relocating my production facility to a more friendly business environment.
Ah yes....."more friendly business environment"....as in more business-friendly environment.....but, Everything's Temporary!!!!

Now, try to convince everyone that businesses are moving BACK, to the U.S., out of a sense of Patriotism.

handjob.gif

Money is a multi-functional tool. It buys ink, paper, air time. What is your point? Let me guess. People and Organizations that are like minded with you can't do anything wrong, and People and Organizations that are not, can't do anything right. :) Got Ya.

Naw.

Corporations are not people.
Money is not speech.

Simple.

By definition, a corporation is people.

Without a forum in which to speak, free speech is not heard. Delivering the message is the real key to free speech. Without a delivery system, speech can be free and completely restricted.

Money in this sense is speech.
emoticon_turd.gif

If we had really intelligent people, they would also understand a corporation cannot have an individual thought, therefore should not be allowed to contribute to political individuals directly or indirectly.

So corporations would not be allowed to support social programs? There would not be such a thing as being a good corporate citizen? No corporate gay friendly policies. No corporate foundations or charities. What liberals want is corporate personhood, but only in very select areas. They can't oppose any liberal ideals, but can support all liberal ideals.

Communists such as yourself just want to restrict speech you do not like.

handjob.gif

eusa_doh.gif

You mean liberal ceo. Historically they have been liberals because liberal regulation tends to kill small business and their competition.

Who are you kidding? You are being indoctrinated. Save yourself. :lol:

Gee........I thought the OWS stuff was back in full force?? WTF??!!!

But just went over to DRUDGE...........there are about 42 stories up right now. Not a one on the OWS assholes.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Lets face it.......nobody is showing up at these anymore because they have officially been labeled DICKHEAD CENTRAL. Only the bonafide mental cases are showing up anymore............most of the others know they are going to get their balls kicked in if they show up.

Plus.........no free food or overnight park dockings, the attitude is "meh".

peewee-4.jpg

Last edited:
You had to see one of the leaders/spokesperson for OWS NY on the Sean Hannity Show.

When asked if he wanted free education,free housing,free Health Care the response was that he felt all Americans should get these and more free.... :mad:
Who was this "Leader/Spokesperson?" What was his name? And how do you know he was not some shill Hannity brought in?

Josef Goebbels, Hitler's Minister of Propaganda, demonstrated that the most effective way to introduce a potent lie is in the company of redundant truths. And the allegation made above is a textbook example of that principle.

There is no question that public education, which should extend beyond the high-school level, and publicly funded medical care are equal in importance to the health of an advanced, economically healthy civilization as are military protection, police protection, fire and other emergency services, maintenance of roads, parks, street lighting, and many other government administered, taxpayer-funded services. So the two redundant items in the above deception are "free" education and "free" health care, both of which are taken for granted by any progressive thinker. But the notion of universally "free" housing is an obvious effort to offend the conservative thinker and it absolutely is not a component of the Occupy Movement's agenda.

The need for federally subsidized housing for the impoverished is made obvious by the rising homeless population and increasing presence of tent cities across America. If allowed to continue unaddressed the streets will no longer be safe for anyone and the cost to control the rising crime rate will exceed the cost of subsidized housing.

For those whose primary concern in this issue is the prospect of rising taxes, one of the Occupy Movement's main objectives is the elimination of wasteful misuse of tax revenues and the implementation of substantial increases in the tax rates of the upper income levels.

For those whose primary concern in this issue is the prospect of rising taxes, one of the Occupy Movement's main objectives is the elimination of wasteful misuse of tax revenues and the implementation of substantial increases in the tax rates of the upper income levels.

Interesting.

That is exactly the Libertarian objective : the elimination of wasteful of legalized theft,ie, taxation.

Dennis Prager said it best of all. Liberals have replaced liberty with equality. To have liberty you must necessarily abandon the concept of equality.
And you believe that specious nonsense.

One of the favorite semantic gimmicks used by Prager and other neo-Conservative propagandists is to substitute the the word, equality, for the word, equity. It seems to work for them because it takes a well-developed and reasoning mind to recognize and comprehend the difference.

Something else: Liberty is not always a good thing. It depends entirely on the attending circumstances, motives and effects. Someone could take liberties with you which you might not be too happy with.

Interesting.

That is exactly the Libertarian objective : the elimination of wasteful of legalized theft,ie, taxation.

Actually the Libertarian objective is the complete elimination of taxation, which is unrealistic. The Occupy Movement wants to eliminate wasteful misuse of tax revenues. Big difference.

There are certain things I like about the Libertarian philosophy. The problem is it tends to leave the track and plunge into an abyss at its extreme level. Briefly stated, I do not believe a society as complex as ours could possibly function, even survive, without considerable government guidance and control.

Something to keep in mind: Ron Paul is a physician. He is important to anyone and everyone he meets so he can survive with or without governmental organization. He would be just fine if the entire world were reduced to total anarchy. I would not. Would you?

The world is a dangerous place. I need a well organized society in which to live safely. That requires taxation. Anyone who tells you otherwise is prone to fantasy (or is running for President).

I've been engaged in business for about 40 years as union and non-union labor, supervision, management and sales. I've bought and sold things to and from others for that entire period. I know a thing or two about doing business.

I don't understand how any of these things siphon money from me to them.
Don't think of it in terms of your individual situation but rather in terms of your social class. If you belong to the middle class and you are doing okay, you need to look more closely at what is happening around you. Because your turn will come. It's a matter of time.

Research the disparity in wealth distribution since Reaganomics was introduced. Middle class wages are and have been stagnant while the smallest segment of the population has become phenomenally wealthy. What was supposed to "trickle down" has been siphoned up. The numbers are there for you to see. The economy has been stood on its head. The union movement has been destroyed. Poverty and homelessness is on the rise. People who once had good, secure jobs and pensions are living in their cars.

And you can't see the problem?

I'm also not convinced that you understand what the terms you are using mean. Outsourcing can mean anything from hiring the neighbor kid to mow my lawn to relocating my production facility to a more friendly business environment.

Please explain. It might help to concentrate on only one and expand on it.
Outsourcing means the exportation of American jobs to foreign countries. Try calling customer service at your bank's number and you'll be talking to someone in India. That's just one example. And all of these ruinous things are the result of deregulation, which is the result of bribery of our legislators by corporate lobbyists.

Forum List

Back