Reaching out to the Occupy People

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
I keep hearing what you are looking for is free food, housing, education, health care, transportation etc…. But I want to make sure you realize there is a cost to free stuff. Yes I know you have heard enough about the cost to taxpayers and you probably should care about that but probably don’t. However, I’m not talking financial costs. I’m talking a different type of cost.

Let me try to explain in a way everyone can understand. When you live at home with your parents they provided you with the food, housing, transportation, etc…. Well your parents being the providers they have/had certain powers over you. Your parents get to pick what you eat because they are the ones buying the food. They get to tell you to clean your room or what time you need to be in because they provide the housing. They can decide where you can go because they provide the transportation.

Now if you already don’t know where I’m going with this, then read the previous paragraph again. When you are dependent on anyone for things you need then you lose your freedoms. Now maybe you still live at home and don’t have those freedoms already but your parents will lose theirs and therefore you will be affected through them.

If the government provides your food the government can decide what you eat. Sure currently it is done through food stamps and you can purchase pretty much anything. But trust me when I say once government is providing all food that will no longer be the case. Currently they want you to want them providing the food for everyone so they are going to make food assistance as comfortable as possible. But once everyone is dependent of the government providing the food they can start forcing you to only eat food they feel make you healthier. And trust me when I say health food I’m not talking expensive health food but cheap healthy food.

Now that is the cost I’m talking about the cost of your freedoms. I know a lot of you don’t realize the control government can take over you because you have been fed lies about how nice it is to live in a country where government provides you what you need. But I assure you they are not free like you are free. They are not free to eat whatever they want. They are not free to go wherever they want to go. They are not free to get whatever health care they want. They are not free to live wherever they want. Just now this truth that when you are dependent on anything or anyone then your life depends on those that provide and they therefore control you.

But...but...but...its free. If its free...it doesn't cost anything, it's free.

See, if we get the Peace Corp and a bunch of rich people make charities that give healthcare, and build free houses, and build free colleges, and people hug and draw rainbows and volunteer at these places, then it'll be all free, and we get the stuff, so its free, and the work is free, and....see???? Its free!

I keep hearing what you are looking for is free food, housing, education, health care, transportation etc…. But I want to make sure you realize there is a cost to free stuff. Yes I know you have heard enough about the cost to taxpayers and you probably should care about that but probably don’t. However, I’m not talking financial costs. I’m talking a different type of cost.

Let me try to explain in a way everyone can understand. When you live at home with your parents they provided you with the food, housing, transportation, etc…. Well your parents being the providers they have/had certain powers over you. Your parents get to pick what you eat because they are the ones buying the food. They get to tell you to clean your room or what time you need to be in because they provide the housing. They can decide where you can go because they provide the transportation.

Now if you already don’t know where I’m going with this, then read the previous paragraph again. When you are dependent on anyone for things you need then you lose your freedoms. Now maybe you still live at home and don’t have those freedoms already but your parents will lose theirs and therefore you will be affected through them.

If the government provides your food the government can decide what you eat. Sure currently it is done through food stamps and you can purchase pretty much anything. But trust me when I say once government is providing all food that will no longer be the case. Currently they want you to want them providing the food for everyone so they are going to make food assistance as comfortable as possible. But once everyone is dependent of the government providing the food they can start forcing you to only eat food they feel make you healthier. And trust me when I say health food I’m not talking expensive health food but cheap healthy food.

Now that is the cost I’m talking about the cost of your freedoms. I know a lot of you don’t realize the control government can take over you because you have been fed lies about how nice it is to live in a country where government provides you what you need. But I assure you they are not free like you are free. They are not free to eat whatever they want. They are not free to go wherever they want to go. They are not free to get whatever health care they want. They are not free to live wherever they want. Just now this truth that when you are dependent on anything or anyone then your life depends on those that provide and they therefore control you.

That was an excellent try, Miami_thomas, but once they hear free, the listening stops. One day, the pot of gold will run dry and perhaps they will find out the hard way.

OWS is not asking for "free" anything. Moron. They are asking for money to be removed from our election process and our government to be freed from the influence of corporations. Stop with the RW BS propaganda, already. Looking for that one dipshit spouting this, and saying that he is the epitome of that movement is just as bad as the other side taking pictures of teabaggers with racist and misspelled signs and insisting that everyone there is also a bigoted buffoon. I've been to occupy. Most people who participated HAVE jobs, but are concerned about the plight of the rest of our country.

OWS is not asking for "free" anything. Moron. They are asking for money to be removed from our election process and our government to be freed from the influence of corporations. Stop with the RW BS propaganda, already. Looking for that one dipshit spouting this, and saying that he is the epitome of that movement is just as bad as the other side taking pictures of teabaggers with racist and misspelled signs and insisting that everyone there is also a bigoted buffoon. I've been to occupy. Most people who participated HAVE jobs, but are concerned about the plight of the rest of our country.

No OWS spokesman has come out and said take the money out of the election process. They want free educations while they miss classes and create havoc instead and want to be on the government dole while they cannot even tell you where the money will come from.

Money will never be removed as there, hopefully, will always be freedom of speech. What we need is to teach people how to not always believe everything they are told. We should teach philosophy at a young age.

You must not be paying attention. They are asking for just about anything that you can think of for free. Have you looked at their list of demands?

So that I don't get accused of editing the demands list I'll post all of it:

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America’s nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.” World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the “Books.” And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.
- - - -

In short:

Demand #1: Free money
Demand #2: Free healthcare
Demand #3: Free money
Demand #4: Free College Education
Demand #5: Ecologic demands
Demand #6: Infrastructure spending
Demand #7: Ecologic spending
Demand #8: Special rights
Demand #9: Open Borders
Demand #10: Election fixes
Demand #11: Debt elimination
Demand #12: Outlwing Credit Reporting agencies
Demand #13: Allow Union strong arm tactics

Would you acknowledge, Thomas, that the private sector, unchecked, can take away just as much freedom and manuever you into economic slavery?

Would you acknowledge, Thomas, that the private sector, unchecked, can take away just as much freedom and manuever you into economic slavery?

How would the private sector take freedom away?

No I would not agree. Laws a need for illegal activities but regulation is used more for killing competition than to protect.

A legitimate complaint is, "I'm cold". Bitching about something and doing something to correct it are two very different things.

The morons who bitch because they have to work instead of just get a pat on the head from mommy and a "Good Boy!" for tying their own shoes are just worthless wastes of flesh and blood.

I just heard an interview with an occupier who wants a job, but won't accept one the pays less than $80K/year. No skills, no talent and no experience. Oh, sure, he can find porn on the internet if Mommy pays the bill for his ISP, but that about the extent of it.

Pathetic!

How does a private entity take away freedom?

I keep hearing what you are looking for is free food, housing, education, health care, transportation etc….[...]
Where do you hear these things? Please refer me to your source. Because I get around and I follow the Occupy Movement rather closely but I've never heard anything like that attributed to the Movement. Are you sure you haven't tuned in to some radical fringe group and are making false assumptions based on some obscure oddball musings?

The Occupy Movement is primarily and fundamentally concerned with putting an end to the financial scheming which has effectively sabotaged the national economy while fostering an emerging plutocracy. The Occupy Movement is not asking for or demanding anything "free." And unless you happen to belong to the One Percent I respectfully suggest you research the real purpose and objectives of the Occupy Movement. You might be surprised to learn it has your interests in mind.

I keep hearing what you are looking for is free food, housing, education, health care, transportation etc….[...]
Where do you hear these things? Please refer me to your source. Because I get around and I follow the Occupy Movement rather closely but I've never heard anything like that attributed to the Movement. Are you sure you haven't tuned in to some radical fringe group and are making false assumptions based on some obscure oddball musings?

The Occupy Movement is primarily and fundamentally concerned with putting an end to the financial scheming which has effectively sabotaged the national economy while fostering an emerging plutocracy. The Occupy Movement is not asking for or demanding anything "free." And unless you happen to belong to the One Percent I respectfully suggest you research the real purpose and objectives of the Occupy Movement. You might be surprised to learn it has your interests in mind.

In interviews with demonstrators, many of the comments are that the occupiers deserve, at no cost, all of the necessities of life plus healthcare and education.

Assuming that these folks are expressing personal opinion rather than Occupy goals, what are the goals of occupy wall street?

So that I don't get accused of editing the demands list I'll post all of it:

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America’s nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.” World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the “Books.” And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.
- - - -

In short:

Demand #1: Free money
Demand #2: Free healthcare
Demand #3: Free money
Demand #4: Free College Education
Demand #5: Ecologic demands
Demand #6: Infrastructure spending
Demand #7: Ecologic spending
Demand #8: Special rights
Demand #9: Open Borders
Demand #10: Election fixes
Demand #11: Debt elimination
Demand #12: Outlwing Credit Reporting agencies
Demand #13: Allow Union strong arm tactics

I want Free Cable.
I want Free Fries with my order.
I want a Free third scoop, of Ice Cream, when I buy two.
I want a Free Cell Phone with unlimited Free Minutes.
I want Free Gasoline.
I want Free Electricity.
I want every Traffic Signal to turn green as I approach, so I don't have to even tap my brakes.
I want Free Car Insurance.
I want Free Health Insurance.
.... There I feel better now. ;)

No I would not agree. Laws a need for illegal activities but regulation is used more for killing competition than to protect.

Corporations are writing the laws. I can understand people not trusting the government but I cringe at how many people have a child like faith in the private sector. An underregulated Wall Street nearly destroyed the economy. If you don't acknowledge the potential for private sector abuse and disaster then there's no reason to take you seriously.

Forum List

Back